Compassionate Technical Leader, helping teams turn piles of to - do’s into prioritized queues to deliver maximum value at a sustainable pace. Seasoned Project Manager, helping teams navigate through the “Cone of Uncertainty” common to early-stage projects. Trained in Agile, Scrum, PMP, Kanban, Lean, Earned Value Management (EVM). “Office Emissary,” breaking down silos through cross-team communication. Well-versed in verbal and written communication, comfortable public speaker . Prolific inventor with ten patents and ten published research papers.
- GitHub 3D Simulation
- VR Agile
- Tableau Windows
- Linux OSX AWS
- GCP Python
- Combined skills from all classes to host a website on AWS S3, embedding a PowerBI-based Movie Broker Dashboard, which in turn visualized Twitter sentiment analysis coming from an Azure HDInsight pipeline driven by Azure Machine Learning.
- Lead a Team of five with no Big Data experience to deliver a sentiment analysis system based on Hadoop, Hive, Ni-Fi, Apache Solr, and Tableau in three months.
- Same team produced a Moscow Real Estate Forecaster in Azure Machine learning, and a Kafka pipeline to stream weather and traffic data from public Web API’s to a Pandas Dataframe for a community of civic-minded data scientists known as Data for Democracy.
- A Movie Broker Dashboard in PowerBI
- Streaming Weather/Traffic Data from Web API’s to Python/Pandas with Kafka
- Predicting Moscow Real Estate Prices with Azure Machine Learning
- Twitter Sentiment Analysis During an Episode of Saturday Night Live
Confidential, Bellevue, WA
- Lead multiple distributed teams on multiple software projects using Agile Development Methodologies.
- Worked with Product Owners to develop and prioritize product backlogs; with development teams to establish sprint durations, release plans, and select backlog items for each.
- Established and maintained task boards and burn-down charts at the sprint and release levels.
- Kept daily standup duration down to acceptable levels.
- Conducted sprint reviews with team and stakeholders to review features; sprint retrospectives with team alone to focus on process improvements.
- Gathered metrics from Agile management artifacts, recast them into Earned Value Management when needed.
- Adept user of JIRA, Trac, Trello, Confluence, Github.
- Began applying Agile with a distributed team suffering from scope-creep and running out of budget & schedule.
- Instituted daily scrums, maintained task boards and burn down charts, monitored work velocity.
- Achieved successful execution, secured follow-on work.
- Served as a Panelist for Agile Leadership of Distributed Teams for an audience of over 200 at a corporate-wide symposium.
- Completed Confidential for Project Management Institute Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP) and Project Management Professional (PMI-PMP).