Strategic communications professional with more than 10 years of experience in all aspects of communications strategy development and content creation. A proven track record of leading communications teams to succeed in daily operations and long - term projects through the delivery of hands-on leadership. Skilled in translating complex, technical and scientific data into compelling, easily understood stories that are accessible to all audiences.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Budget Control
- Message Development
- Employee Engagement
- Strategic Communications
- Intranet Content Strategy
- Health/Science Communications
- Project Management
- Interfacing with Executives
Confidential, Washington, DCStrategic Planner
- Analyzed the needs of multiple audiences and developed an editorial calendar and communications cadence.
- The “Quarterly March” provides opportunities for multiple communications channels to be used to deliver executive messages to employees on a consistent bases.
- Capitalized upon experience and expertise to upgrade a traditional employee newsletter.
- The document is now an employee magazine that features consistent messaging and more opportunities for employee involvement.
- Managed all aspects of quarterly all-hands meetings including executive message development, meeting logistics, employee invitations and follow up, and refreshments.
- Drive communication and cohesion between various levels of management and their employees by developing messages and talking points that are topical and digestible.
- Spearhead intranet content strategy with the purpose of increasing employee engagement.
Confidential, Washington, DCAccount Supervisor
- Analyzed the needs and requirements of stakeholders in various markets and regions prior to the development of effective stakeholder engagement strategies.
- Identified and capitalized upon $10K in free advertising through the acquisition of placement in Confidential ’ scientific journal.
- Authored blog posts for the National Institutes of Health I Am Intramural blog.
- Increased blog post comments by 30% through the close monitoring of the NIH blog editorial calendar and the distribution of highly engaging content.
- Authored tailored press releases, in-depth fact sheets, investor and sales force messaging, and customizable talking points for Confidential .
- Managed vendors that included graphic designers, web programmers, and Spanish-language translators.
Confidential, Washington, DCGrassroots Advocacy Strategist
- Delivered hands-on leadership and direction to a content strategy cross-functional team of 15 during the completion of advocacy operations, campaign awareness drives, and stakeholder relations.
- Successfully acquired the support and participation of 5000 physicians which directly increased member letters to Congress and advocacy participation by 70%.
- Analyzed organizational goals prior to the development and enforcement of administration policies for a $300K grassroots advocacy budget.
- Collaborated with the IT and Communications teams to develop an online presence for the advocacy and policy division.
Confidential, Washington, DCCOMMUNICATIONS AND OUTREACH MANAGER
- Spearheaded the utilization and launch of new media platforms including Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, LinkedIn, blogs, and webcasts to increase followers by 60%.
- Acquired highly visible story placements in distinguished publications including Politico, The Hill, Washington Post, Wall Street Journal, and USA Today.
- Developed in-depth training supplemented with storytelling strategies and concepts for young adults testifying at the first House majority hearing regarding the ACA.