Chief Information OfficerIT STRATEGIST BUSINESS OBJECTIVES ALIGNMENT PROCESS IMPROVEMENT
Group Seven Consulting, Confidential, CA 2012 to Present
- Currently consulting with Confidential, Torrance, CA for Workforce Management Software and Dynamics AX.
Confidential, Costa Mesa, CA 2008-2011
Nations leader in Mexican Citrus-Marinated flame-grilled chicken for over 30 years.
Vice President of IT
Managed all aspects of IT including Development, Infrastructure, Network and Help Desk in support of hardware, software and communications for all nationwide restaurants and corporate.
- Led Corporate Strategic Planning Committee, developing new initiatives that created new sales channels that increased Sales over 10%.
- Created and implemented IT Governance empowering Key Stakeholders to prioritize their projects and foster cross functional communication which doubled the number of completed projects.
- Designed, planned and implemented improvements in data & voice communications, security and POS Micros upgrade to version 4.7 in each of the 400 restaurants.
- Redesigned & implemented www.elpolloloco.com from the ground up using Microsoft .Net and empowering users through a Content Management System, eliminating the need for developers to make content changes.
- Self-Serve kiosk that will reduce headcount in the restaurants and increase profits by a projected $4 mil.
- Implemented Catering automation that included integration of Online ordering and the Call Center to the restaurant’s POS Micros systems. The projection is to increase sales by 5%.
- Maintained PCI (Payment Card Industry) Level 1 and SOX (Sarbanes-Oxley) Compliant.
Confidential, Irvine, CA 2005-2008
Leading Animal/Pet publisher and distributor of magazines and books for over 30 years
Chief Information Officer
Responsible for IT, Purchasing, Facilities, Production Internet Marketing, Database Marketing and Magazine Design. Member of the Board of Directors responsible for Technical direction of the company.
- Provided Leadership and Strategic Vision for future business enhancements which added efficiencies and collaboration across the company, reduced IT expenses by 15%.
- Led and facilitated Business Process Re-Engineering sessions that expedited the Implementation of a New Corporate ERP system using Microsoft Dynamics AX achieving savings to the bottom-line through efficiencies, integration, data integrity and elimination of redundant work.
- Developed, Built from scratch and Implemented a new Handheld Merchandising, Inventory Control & Order Entry software for a national field services group of 450 reps.
Confidential Anaheim, CA 2002-2005
Providing online Marketing, Advertising and Reservation software for the travel and leisure industries via the internet
Vice President of Technology and CIO
Built from Scratch and Launched a self-managed web reservation application with a fully integrated front office tool. Managed all new software development, on-going maintenance and daily operations of all systems. Member of the Board of Directors responsible for Strategic Technical direction.
- Offsite Facilitator and Key contributor collaborating on Strategic initiatives and created a Strategic Roadmap to build out SaaS applications for our customers.
- Built and Launched an Advertising Network allowing advertisers to reach targeted buyers while creating a new sales channel for the network of outdoor recreation affiliated websites.
- Established and manage all over-seas and U.S. software development.
Confidential, New York, NY 1996-2002
Leading provider of consumer, business-to-business, and industrial digital imaging solutions
Director of Information Technology, Costa Mesa, CA
Built and managed a dynamic, skilled and technology driven IT organization with responsibilities of Software Development, Quality Assurance and Infrastructure for the Distribution, Call Center and Corporate areas with Global responsibilities.
- Led a Dynamic Bleeding Edge IT team of over 100 employees and Consultants (on-shore, off-shore & near-shore) for both the Infrastructure and Developments teams of the IT organization.
- Spearheaded the launch of the first Canon eCommerce site in 1998, and went on to be the Subject Matter Experts for all the Canon Divisions around the world. As the Center of Excellence, we launched four other eCommerce sites for sister Divisions in the United States.
- Created, Planned and Managed an annual budget of over $25 million. Over 10 years of Finance experience plus a MBA and a certified cash manager.
- Fostered and Led the Global integration team that generated breakthrough ideas and streamlined processes and systems.
- Created an E-business Strategy via an integrated, collaboration-based supply chain solution.
- Managed the technical team for the national Call Center in West Virginia using Vantive/Siebel applications.
Confidential, Irvine, CA 1986-1996
Worldwide leader in diversified manufacturer and marketer of advanced electronic products
Senior Systems Manager (1993-1996)
Finance Manager/Cash Manager (1988-1993)
Project Leader (1986-1988)
Managed and oversaw all development for Finance, Accounting, Credit, Human Resources, Purchasing, Order Entry, Inventory Control and Administration. Provided leadership through entire lifecycle of software development.
- Led & managed the team which beta tested, integrated, implemented & re-engineered the Accounts payable system & business processes that resulted in over a 30% gain in efficiencies.
- Worked with IBM and was the key contributor in Re-Engineering all business processes company wide.
- Designed & developed a Cash Management Treasury Workstation that has connectivity to the bank and to the General ledger that resulted in 50% savings. Also developed for other Toshiba Divisions.
OTHER POSITIONS HELD
Chief Information Officer, Confidential, Irvine, CA
Director of Systems & Support Services, Confidential, Lakewood, CA
Board Member, Council on Aging, Confidential, Santa Ana, CA
BS, Business Administration,