- Experience as a Functional Lead for a modernization program for a State Government client in Commonwealth of Virginia.
- Wide - ranging experience in the software industry in all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), including Requirements elicitation, system analysis, design, development, testing, data conversion, business transition and production cut-over.
- Extensive experience in Requirements and Scope Management, Vendor Management, Requirements elicitation, performing gap analysis, proposing new solutions to achieve business objectives, leading a team of business analysts and functional testers, working with design and development team.
- Instrumental in raising $5M+ new revenue by avoiding scope creep.
- Experience in working with sub-vendors for providing scanning/OCR solution, validating its integration with overall UI Tax solution for Tax & Payroll report processing.
- Experience in collaboration with appropriate stakeholders and management on complex issues and conflicts that impact time, cost, scope, quality and risk. Develop and execute mitigation plans.
- Extensive experience in implementing application interfaces with external entities such as Debit Card providers, Bank, Payroll providers (ADP, Ceridian etc.), multiple State and Federal government agencies (IRS, VA Department of Taxation Et al.).
- Subject Matter expertise in the areas of - UI Claims taking and processing, Monetary and NonMonetary eligibility, Benefits Payments, Employer Charging, Overpayments & Collections, UI Tax Rating, Tax Report and Payment Processing, Tax, Interest and Penalty assessment, Mergers and Acquisitions.
- Extensive experience in creating and getting approval on requirements documentation such as Use Case Specifications, Wireframes/storyboards/prototypes, Supplemental specifications.
- Experience in data conversion for more than 100 million records, and working with database, development and testing team in preparing test scenarios to validate converted data.
- Extensive experience in working with teams located over various geographic locations.
- Experience in providing functional guidance to implementation team to ensure that the technical solution is effectively mapped with the functional requirements.
- Well-versed with SCRUM Agile, Waterfall, UML, SQL.
- Tools proficiency - MS Visio, Word, Excel, OneNote, Power Point, Project, HTML Editors, Test link.
- Currently Learning - Business Architecture.
- PSM, PSPO, CBAP, PMP, Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) PMPO.
Product Owner / Solution Architect/ Senior Business Manager
- Collaborate with stakeholders to identify the critical business needs of UI Benefit system, and update the features needed to deliver business value.
- Own the Product backlog, collaborate with Scrum Masters and Development team to define MVP, and prepare release and sprint plans.
- Identify Key Internal stakeholders, customers and external partners, and work on Change Management plan to ensure successful go-live of modernized UI system.
- Organized the 600+ Project Artifacts in a “Navigation Map” to ensure unambiguous functional scope of Unemployment Insurance Benefits and Appeals system.
- Responsible for Weekly/Monthly/Engagement Status reporting to stakeholders on Program progress.
- Develop and maintain Subject Matter expertise in multiple areas of UI Benefits- Claim offering and processing, eligibility determination, Benefit Payments Employer charging, collections processing, Federal reporting, Integration with External Interfaces such as ICON, Bank, Treasury, Department of Taxation, SIDES, IRS.
- Lead a team of business analysts and functional testers to manage scope, build functional acceptance criteria and validation procedures for the same
- Responsible for Functional Acceptance by Orchestrating User Acceptance Test of enterprise level system implementation for Unemployment Insurance system for State agency.
- As Tax Functional Lead, responsible for Cutover, Go-live and Business Transition of Unemployment Insurance Tax system for State Agency.
- Responsible for Scope Management for production system by distinguishing between production defects vs new requirement.
- Training session with business analysts, functional testers and development team for building domain knowledge in Product team