Commercial property and casualty insurance professional with over 10 years experience managing and supporting middle market to large accounts. Proactive in satisfying clients' needs and concerns. Demonstrated success working in fast - paced, dynamic, collaborative environments. Self-motivated employee, who takes ownership of objectives, requires minimal supervision and communicates effectively with colleagues and clients at all levels. Technical knowledge of multiple lines of insurance.
- Excellent Analytical, Math and Research Skills
- Strong Negotiation and Presentation Skills
- Strong Relationship Building Skills
- Ability to maintain a high level of integrity and confidentiality.
- Ability to adapt quickly to multiple computer systems.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Access.
- Excellent Verbal and Written Communication Skills
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- Strong Organizational and Time Management Skills
- Strong Documentation Skills
Confidential, Houston, TX
Account Manager/ Customer Service Representative III
- Strategized with producers to determine marketing options for new and renewal business.
- Gathered underwriting information and prepared submissions for marketing to admitted and non-admitted markets.
- Negotiated terms, conditions, rates and commissions with underwriters and surplus lines brokers.
- Created value for clients such as preparing formal insurance proposals, summaries and premium allocation schedules.
- Billed premiums and resolved accounting discrepancies, disputes and collection problems, as needed.
- Maintained control of expiration lists, binders and aged receivables in accordance with company guidelines.
- Responded to client and carrier inquiries and requests in a timely manner.
Confidential, Orange, CA
Accounts Payable Specialist
- Prioritized invoices for payment according to cash discount potential and payment terms.
- Processed payments using three-way match procedure (purchase order / receipt / invoice) and other payments, including credit card bills, expense reports, facility expenses, retainers, commissions and royalties, all using the Confidential ERP system.
- Issued an average of 200 checks monthly.
- Prepared wire documentation for weekly wire runs in multiple currencies.
- Reconciled accounts and reported discrepancies to appropriate individuals.
- Maintained file documentation and internal controls in accordance with company SOX procedures.
Risk Management Casualty Underwriting Assistant
- Supported and implemented the processes of premium development, policy issuance, policy maintenance and electronic file documentation of cash flow, large deductible and loss-sensitive accounts, including general liability, automobile and workers' compensation and employers' liability, under assigned authority.
- Reported policy data to third party reporting agencies, and resolved criticisms from those agencies to meet internal and external guidelines.
- Facilitated the securing of facultative reinsurance, as needed.
- Served as a subject matter expert and trainer to less experienced Underwriting Assistants and others.
Confidential, Long Beach, CA
- Managed primarily construction (general contractors), garage and transportation property and casualty risks while permanent employees were on maternity leave.
Senior Account Manager
- Collaborated with account executives and producers in managing a wide variety of middle market accounts, including law firms, trustees, cyber risks, garage risks, wholesale distributors and retailers.
- Contributed to staff development and training by creating checklists for policy and endorsement reviews that ensured quality control.
Account Management / Risk Management
- Independently managed small to middle market property and casualty accounts that included real estate owners, property managers and manufacturers.
- Performed risk management assessment and control that included offering advice and counsel to clients on a variety of technical issues.
- Reviewed insurance contracts to assure adequacy and to minimize errors and omissions exposure.
- Acted as a liaison between Loss Control, claims adjusters or third party administrators and insureds or claimants. Sales Support
- Solicited business from existing and new clients, including account rounding, up-selling and cross-selling, to achieve account retention and overall growth and profit objectives.