- Over 15 years of experience in the Information Technology industry, including over 10 years managing projects and processes.
- Successfully managed and coordinated teams of 5 to 30+ people, both on - site and remote, including end-users, in-house development, QA, overseas teams, and stakeholders.
- Extensive knowledge of the applications of JIRA, Planview & Clarity in managing Scrum/Lean/ Agile/Kanban based teams, as well as experience managing projects in both Agile and Waterfall development environments.
- Proficient in Windows, Mac OS, and Android operating systems. Proven experience in executing rapid response, escalations, triage and various development methodologies. (Scrum/Kanban/Agile/Waterfall)
- Collaborating with external stakeholders to refine business requirements, establish schedules, budgets and resources, and manage risks through internal project management methodologies in order to meet client expectations.
- Working collaboratively with internal stakeholders, systems analysts, engineering vendors, offshore quality assurance teams, release management, and system administration to ensure the implementation of product & project objectives.
- Maintaining day-to-day tasks throughout development life cycles, while facilitating long-range objectives.
- Communicating system changes and processes to appropriate personnel, documenting processes as necessary.
- Documenting and tracking status and other metrics against goals on an ongoing basis in order to translate business needs into detailed project plans and technical specifications.
- Assisting with the coordination of requirements and execution of continuous improvement through product lifecycle process.
- Assisting marketing teams, release management, & platform owners with communications related to publishing release notes and sending out stakeholder/site notifications to ensure that the team’s progress and success are highly visible to product owners & stakeholders.
Confidential, Eugene, OR
- Assisted with the implementation of JIRA workflows for software development, established a bug council with IVM’s cross-functional teams for triaging all incoming issues and worked with other managers to improve the company’s best practices and process for starting and managing projects.
- Initiated a company-wide initiative to use Epics and Stories in JIRA for tracking and determining metrics for project life-cycles.
Confidential, Boston, MA
Platform Operations Manager
- Assisted the Platform Manager with managing the overall performance and delivery for multiple cross-functional teams, including participating in daily scrum meetings, sprint planning, & end of sprint retrospectives for multiple scrum teams.
- Project Administrator of Planview and JIRA management and solutions for multiple vendors and teams.
- Facilitated a continuous improvement of engineering practices by implementing a Kaizen practice towards an agile/lean process.
- Position terminated upon reorganization of business plan.
- Commended by Platform Manager as “instrumental in keeping us on the rails” during a difficult period of transition.
Senior Project Manager
Confidential, Wilsonville, OR
- Recruited by Director of Program Management based on knowledge of, and reputation with, Confidential and on strength of relationships with sister companies.
- Collaborated with internal stakeholders to ensure that Confidential interacted seamlessly with Confidential other platforms that include Confidential.
- Assisted with customer driven issues and requests for improvements to the product, as well as partnering with technical support teams to monitor customer issues and resolve those issues in a timely manner.
- Initiated daily reports for engineers, increasing both viability and stability.
Confidential, Eugene, OR
- Promoted to PM from QA based on strength of leadership and inter-departmental rapport.
- Attended PMI course, but primarily self-taught based upon independent research and understanding of historical background.
- Selected to handle largest project in company based upon record of achieving 100% of project milestones on time and on budget.
- From high of 16 PMs, was one of 4 remaining at time of final reorganization and layoffs.
- Earned reputation for leadership and “ability to turn difficult projects around and get them back on track.”
Senior Quality Assurance Analyst
- Started as QA Analyst and promoted within 6 months with more difficult projects.
- Assisted in the development of a comprehensive set of test plans for use by new hires and others unfamiliar with the functionality of the products /vendors Confidential supports.
Confidential, Pleasanton, CA
Senior Quality Assurance Analyst & Project Design Coordinator
- Hired at entry level, promoted within 6 months to Senior QA with higher level of work.
- Selected as Primary QA lead responsible for facilitating and maintaining beta and platform testing procedures for all PeopleSoft Treasury Suite software release cycles (v. 7 & 7.5).
- As Project Design Coordinator, assisted with planning and implementing strategies that improved the quality and efficiency of PeopleSoft’s release testing environment.