- An experienced construction industry professional having significant progressive responsibilities with owners operations, construction management, general contracting and facilities maintenance.
- Experienced in completing projects with capital budget outlay for building maintenance and construction including financial reporting.
- Multiple team successes completing quality projects simultaneously with an emphasis on safety, collaborative early program budget estimates and schedule development ensuring project delivery is on time and under budget.
- Completed proposals, RFQ's and RFP's for large and small projects along with design document review and assist with production of construction specifications, drawings and assignment of work scopes.
- A critical decision maker with thoughtful analysis and problem solving abilities leading to favorable outcomes.
- Facilitate design and progress meeting with clients, designers and contractors and confer strategic program initiatives with senior management.
- Highly effective communicator, building strong relationships with stakeholders throughout the design and construction process ensuring mutual project success, claims avoidance assurance, customer retention, and repeat work.
- Owner advocacy and program objectives are promoted in the construction team, program management, designers, code officials, and construction contractors, allowing strong relationships and alliances to be forged.
- Courtesy, professional integrity, and respect are driven forward while valuing each team member's work and time commitments.
- A solid construction professional focused on continuous improvement, LEAD, lean construction strategies, BIM and delivering a quality built environment.
- Serves in role as Senior Project Engineer and Project Manager.
- Project Management
- Contract Negotiations
- Budget Management
- Change Management
- Health & Safety / OSHA
- Real Estate/ Tenant Build
- Conflict Resolution
- Cost Estimation
- Coaching/ Mentoring
- Lean construction
- Planning / Scheduling
- Manage Designers/ Consultants
- Contract Documents
Confidential, Detroit, MI
Manage multiple projects concurrently, prioritize and plan work activities while meeting respective deadlines. Provide project development assistance to University staff. Include serving as a specialized technical consultant for space programming and relocations. Prepare contracts for designers and general contractors. Conduct feasibility studies; develop in - house preliminary drawing and specification documents as well as contract with Design firms for drawings and specifications in order to obtain competitive bids. Maintain performance reports using key performance indicators (KPI's) and work status reports utilizing work order management and project scheduling software. Prepare project budgets, cost estimates, contracts and change management in accordance with University policies. Proactive management of design and construction phase for new work, alterations and renovation projects. Conduct all project meetings, maintain project minutes along with issue resolutions and monitor contractor work progress and schedule. Serves as liaison with University personnel, designers and contractors for coordination as required through project completion. Provide functional supervision to student support personnel. Assign and monitor work activities. Maintain appropriate project records, paperwork and construction documents throughout project. Consult and interface with appropriate government agencies in compliance with applicable codes, standards and permits. Review and approve purchase orders, payment applications, certified payroll, sworn statements, waivers and invoices. Complete project closeout items, punch list, final permits, final occupancy, training and as-built record drawings in a timely manner.
Confidential, Southfield, MI
Senior Project Engineer
Manage all project engineering function for large capital bond programs. Key technical professional on projects. Identified and corrected errors on the production drawings and specifications, reviewed with owner and design professionals and commented on constructability and code-related items in the construction documents. Developed project manual and bid category descriptions. Clarified bid related questions. Conducted bid reviews and made award recommendations. Work with owner and design consultants to ensure complete and timely bid documents. Manage selection of materials and procurement along with owner and architect. Created and maintained materials tracking schedule. Expedited long lead items. Reviewed, estimated and analyzed contract change requests. Achieved contractor preferred pricing for timely review and consideration of contract change requests. Negotiated with contractors and suppliers in favor of owner and manager. Work in steering committee to develop business operation. Employ a team approach to manage work consistent with the goals of the organization and best practices. Achieved timely completion of contracts through early identification and distribution of project closeout requirements. Scheduled owner training as part of closeout. Assist with commissioning and owner occupancy along with post occupancy and warranty repairs. Develop and implement LEED project goals.
Project Superintendent / Engineer
Coordinated all work with owner and design professionals. Maintained public relations, along with owner occupancy requirements. Monitored code compliance and worked with government agencies and public utilities to secure permits and certificates of occupancy. Conducted progress meetings and implemented contractor coordination. Completed all engineering activities along with field supervision. Maintain ISO9000 compliance. Train and mentor engineers and team with superintendents.
Project Engineer / Scheduler
Developed and maintained project schedules for multi-project sites for public K-12 educational projects. Completed submittal register, materials tracking status reporting, manpower reporting, change orders. Assisted with marketing presentation materials production. Developed workforce distribution and allocation schedule for work assignments for all education projects.
Confidential, Sterling Heights, MI
Estimator / Construction Laborer
Coordinated procurement and distribution of materials for installations. Maintained contractors' equipment and tools. Performed onsite construction activities on multiple project sites. Tasks included formwork for foundations, walls, floors and walkways, metal stud framing, gypsum work, carpentry and installations of cabinets and owner-furnished items. Secured permits from local and state agencies.