- An executive leader and consultant with financial, operational, and strategic expertise.
- Progressive home care, hospice, and private duty experience since 1986 for not - for-profit health care organizations.
- Has helped organizations achieve enterprise wide goals of transformation, improving scalability and performance by improving back-office processes, policies, and team performance to include systematizing end to end departments to their deliverables, and developing shared service functions.
- Management experience includes responsibility for agency operations with multiple locations, budget development, policies and procedures development, compliance with third party reimbursement, and personnel management.
- Performed financial and reimbursement functions for providers of various sizes including financial reporting and analysis, budgeting, accounts receivable management, acquisitions, and transition of new acquisitions.
- Some interim management positions held include; Interim COO of a large not-for-profit organization with 8 locations in southern California, Interim CEO of a large not-for-profit in Central Florida with a 12 bed freestanding Hospice inpatient facility, Interim CFO for large not- for-profit in New York, and served as an Interim COO for an organization with 5 locations in South Carolina.
- Organizational and operation reviews, analysis, and design
- Strategic planning
- Interim management
- Joint venture feasibility studies
- Productivity and staffing analysis
- Reimbursement management
- Due diligence
Vice President, Finance, Chief Financial Officer
- Managed financial systems and personnel including general accounting, accounts receivable/billing, payroll and accounts payable for hospital based and Visiting Nurse Association home health agencies
- Participated in the development and implementation of a home health management company
- Responsible for monthly financial statements and financial audits
- Responsible for cash management and bank negotiations
- Led finance acquisition team in the rapid and successful integration of acquired home health agencies and hospices.
- Led agency team in the development and implementation of an integrated payroll and billing process that improved billing, while greatly reducing payroll processing time and errors
- Responsible for direction of financial services division, including MIS, general accounting functions and Medicare/Medicaid reimbursement
- Responsible for budgeting, financial reporting, and United Way reporting and presentations for large meals on wheels program
- Implemented electronic billing for Medicare and other payer sources which allowed the agency to maintain staffing levels while increasing revenues from $25 million to $47 million
- Responsible for the management and coordination of functions and activities of corporate office
- Developed a five year information system plan and successfully completed a system conversion
- Automated and converted a manual collection department which reduced staff and increased collections by 20%
- Developed an automated payroll system for branch offices which reduced payroll processing time and payroll errors
- Responsible for accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, data processing, billing and collections
- Hired and trained new office staff. Determined work procedures for employees, made decisions on procedural and technical levels to promote efficiency
- Supervision of four staff accountants responsible for the preparation of general ledger, financial statements, and budgets
- Performed analysis of financial statement and journal entries
- Prepared payroll/franchise tax reports and assisted in the preparation of income tax reports
- Coordination of audit work for both financial and Medicare cost audits
- Responsible for the preparation of monthly financial statements, reconciliation, and annual cost reports for Confidential
- Full-time employment while working towards degree.
- Included supervision and coordination of up to 14 subordinates engaged in fabricating, assembling, installing and maintaining piping systems