- I am an energetic and motivated professional with 10 years of experience as a Project Manager, Scrum Master, Systems Engineer, and Technical Trainer.
- I successfully transitioned two software development teams from the traditional Waterfall SDLC to Agile (specifically Scrum and Kanban).
- I strongly believe in the concept of "servant leadership", and aim to do everything possible to help the team perform at its highest level.
- I enjoy being actively engaged with both the development team and stakeholders, to ensure the project's success.
- To achieve this goal, I apply exceptional communication skills, attention to detail, and a hard work ethic to recommend solutions to project challenges.
- Atlassian JIRA & Confluence
- Primavera P6
- Rational Portfolio Manager (RPM)
- MS Office Suite including SharePoint
- Visio and Project.
- Responsible and accountable for the coordinated management of multiple related projects directed toward strategic business organizational objectives.
- Build credibility, establish rapport, and maintain communication with stakeholders at multiple levels, including those external to the organization.
- Define and initiate projects. Manage the cost, schedule, and performance of component projects, while ensuring the alignment of the project scope with strategic business objectives.
- Make recommendations to modify the project to enhance effectiveness toward the business result or strategic intent.
- Create and maintain master project schedule in MS Project and Primavera, including risks and dependencies on other project teams.
- Coach, mentor, and lead personnel within a software development team environment.
- Create queries and present periodic reports on the metrics of current projects, future opportunities, and client issues.
- Facilitate issue resolution including: post - deployment production issues, resolving customer complaints and inquiries, internal team building.
- Experience applying the Project Management Framework (PMF) utilized by many organizations in the Intelligence Community.
- Documented and presented all required control gates: PIR, SRR, PDR, CDR, etc.
- Coach and mentor cross-functional development teams of varying Agile maturity.
- Encouraged and implemented process improvements.
- Lead and document sprint ceremonies, including: daily scrums, planning, design, and retrospectives.
- Follow up on action items for continuous improvement
- Assist team with making appropriate commitments through story selection, sizing and task definition and participate proactively in developing and maintaining team standards, tools and best practices
- Develop and maintain a detailed knowledge of the work being accomplished in each sprint to demo new functionality and enhancements to the Product Owner, and convey feedback to the development team.
- Prioritize backlog with Product Owner for each Agile sprint, continually create stories and groom the backlog.
- Capture business and technical requirements as user stories in JIRA.
- Manage stories, non-development tasks, and sprints across multiple development teams.
- Remove impediments and protect team members from distractions to maximize productivity.
- Create team-building opportunities and facilitate team communication.
- Assisted in the design and transition of our current system to a cloud-based architecture utilizing Amazon Web Services.
- Created supporting and design and security documentation.
- Interviewed customers and led focus groups to gather, decompose and refine requirements
- Created and maintained a project-wide CM database of development software and hardware.
- Implemented processes to keep the CM database updated.
- Updated software documentation as necessary and prior to each release, including: release notes, user and administrator guides
- Created a training course for a web-based user application.
- Conducted two-day training classes to groups of 30 or fewer professionals, including virtual/remote training to customers in the field.
- Created and updated user documentation (review exam, training guides, FAQs, external websites), and generated monthly system user metrics.
- Assisted in creating and implementing a Rapid Needs Assessment (RNA) phase to improve the FAA SDLC.
- Worked closely with managers to gather Quality Assurance, Quality Control, Business Value, and risk related data.
- Reviewed reports with Section Managers and Project Managers, and made recommendations regarding the future of applications based the Risk Assessments
- Supported Section Managers by implementing and maintaining project management and portfolio management processes.
- Used Rational Portfolio Manager (RPM) to maintain a detailed list of internally developed software applications
- Managed and contributed to development and production of various IC CUI related briefs, reports and promotional/branding artifacts.
- Coordinated and analyzed draft policies with key members of the 16 IC elements.
- Interacted with members of the IC elements to track progress towards milestones and deliverables within the project schedule
- Created and maintained a team SharePoint document library, SharePoint meeting spaces, and IC CUI Activity website.
- Implemented granular access control, group maintenance, and controlling file structure as a SharePoint administrator.
- Utilized SharePoint survey functionality to gather information from stakeholders.