Experienced manager of technical teams, programs, and software solutions who demonstrates excellent communication, quality control, strategic, and creative skillsets to meet or exceed time sensitive, cost driven, and technical goals for internal and external customer needs.
Confidential, Plymouth, MI
Technical Project Manager
- Oversee technical sales project activities from receipt of RFQ until Start of Production for automotive cast aluminum components; while managing team members and suppliers from Germany, China, and America to meet customer milestones.
- Create and deliver formal technical presentations in response to RFQ directly to customers.
- Travel to and support parent division in Germany and prepared for China work visa.
Confidential, Northville, MI
Team Leader, Integration and Design / Project Manager
- Deputy Program Manager for an ITAR defense powertrain demonstrator.
- Helped write quote proposal for three year million dollar program.
- Created RFQ’s and selected strategic suppliers to aid in goal deliverables.
- Managed weekly presentations for both internal and external customers and suppliers in complex multi - organization team.
- Maintained resource verse budget balance.
- Managed Team of Design Engineers, Checkers, and Analysts to develop CAD models and production intent drawings for new clean sheet 3 cylinder gas engine concept for new Confidential automotive vehicle.
- Responsible for working with Program Manager and Chief Engineer to balance external and internal goals between customer and organization. Ran formal design reviews at part and system levels. Developed shared meeting minutes with trackable task assignment and completion using One Note to enable overall team transparency and centralized knowledge base.
- Supported physical prototype build by organizing priorities and design tasks to meet Material Parts Delivery Date through coordination with Purchasing, Build Manager, and supplier base.
Confidential, Sterling Heights, MI
Interim Engineering Operations Manager
- Oversaw daily operations for Configuration Management, PLM Administration, Design, and Checking divisions for three sites (MI, TX, OH).
Manager of Design & Checking
- Identified strengths and weaknesses, established resource skill sets to match current/future projects.
- Developed over arching baseline for design and modeling standardizations.
- Formulated strategies to break paradigms and shift cultural stagnation.
- Project Manager for Amphibious Vehicle baseline design effort.
- Organized resources, training, and software per customer requirements.
- Maintained cost and time targets.
- Liaison between Engineering Operations Manager, Configuration Management, PLM Administration, and Chief Engineers to ensure corporate design and checking needs met.
- Review and release member for Engineering Operations Processes and Procedures, Windchill PLM Library, and product release promotion team.
- Design lead for Ground Mobility Vehicle enclosure kit. Concept solution presented to customer senior management engineering review board.
- Responsible for ranking staff during department reductions while maintaining required talent to achieve current and future goals.
- Managed day to day operations to meet design / checking deliverables for multiple programs leading to a multi-million dollar MRAP production contract and Confidential prototype vehicles.
- Responsible for staffing design/checking department (doubled in size to 22). Set goals and objectives for the group and individuals. Performed formal reviews using Peoplesoft HRM tools.
- Developed and implemented best practices, training, and metrics for the department.
- Created top down systems design methodology presentation; implemented internally, shared with and adopted by other divisions, presented at 2010 PTC World User Conference.
- Established initial system structure and CAD layout for a HMWWV recap program. Program requirements and boundary diagrams captured in CAD environment to control global parameters, driving the vehicle architecture from the top down. This methodology was used as a blueprint for new vehicle programs moving forward within our business line.
- Designed and performed Finite Element Analysis for prototype 18k MRAP suspension mounts.
- Part of Division wide Modeling Standards and Organization Engagement teams: developed rough draft for a Requirements Matrix to match government requirements; recognized, investigated, and suggested improvements for communication within the engineering organization reporting directly to the Director of Engineering.
- Helped to define organizational needs, lay out work flows, training, and processes to adopt new PLM software.
- Communicated this information between internal senior management and supplier program management.
Confidential, Ann Arbor, MI
MCAD Solutions Manager / Certified PTC Instructor
- Co-ordinated and helped manage company’s core competencies (Mechanical Design, FEA, Training, and Software Sales), reporting directly to the President.
- Provided technical Pre-Sales support by delivering live software demos, interviewing customer stakeholders, and delivering company portfolio of services presentations.
- Pro/ENGINEER Specialist with project management and customer/supplier interface experience.
- Certified to teach PTC suite of materials. Delivered standard classes onsite. Worked with customers to create and teach customized training to meet their specific needs.
- Extensive experience with initial high level concepts and layouts for parameter driven designs in vehicle, engine, and consumer product markets.
- Responsible for high end surfacing, parametric solid modeling, mechanisms, behavior modeling, and detail drawing to produce cast housings, injection molded components, weldments, machined components and stampings for various clients.
- Top-level assembly management of complex automotive, military vehicle, electric vehicle, and aerospace systems within CAD and PDM environments.
Confidential, Southfield, MI
- Worked closely with customer, manufacturing, and styling companies to develop class A surfaces and structural composite parts for majority of new ClubCar golf cart platform.
- Manipulated imported surface data using scan tools and heal geometry options for a new instrument panel manufacturing process.