IT Project Manager/Program Manager
- I have used information technology projects to resolve critical business issues for a medical laboratory, an insurance co, a specialty retailer, several financial companies, and a major manufacturer.
- I have been a project manager/program manager with responsibly for leading, directing and managing risk for multiple concurrent IT projects. I have been responsible for negotiating the scope of the projects, establishing multi-year budgets, and then tracked and reported on costs and progress through milestones. I have directed staff from business units both within and external to IT.
- I have led the design, implementation and migrations of IT infrastructures including networks; large & small servers; multi-tiered storage & SANs; and Data Center construction.
- 15 years+ managing multiple concurrent technical projects.
- Accomplished in software & hardware acquisition and implementation.
- Manages project risk with persistence and determination.
- Demonstrated experience prioritizing and managing complex workflows.
- Provides a liaison between technical staff, management and the business.
- Identifies and proactively resolves problems.
Confidential, Raleigh, NC
Senior Project Manager/Program Manager (staff augmentation) 11/09 to Present
- Organized, planned, base-lined, monitored, controlled and provided status on multiple concurrent IT projects including a major data center expansion, customizing & implementing a Microsoft Amalga DW solution, several Network upgrade projects, and the integration of the infrastructure of a major acquisition. I contributed to the growth of a young PMO, drafted PMO procedures and standards, and mentored early & mid-career Project Managers.
Confidential, Bloomington, IL
Project Manager/Planner (staff augmentation) 4/08 to 8/09
- Organized, planned, baselined, monitored, provided status, and controlled multiple IT business intelligence projects for a major insurance co. using Primavera, Primavera Timesheet, MS Excel, and Cognos Reporting. Lead team planning efforts, developed requirements & work breakdown structures, critical path networks and schedules of up to 110 employees, 2500 activities and $5M budgets. Monitored projects, provided status, and determined alternative courses of action needed to ensure successful project completion. Projects included off-shoring of existing applications, product evaluations, data architecture and Data Warehouse replacement. Unix/Java/Oracle environment. Used Agile techniques to manage project flow.
Confidential, Wilkesboro, NC
Owner/President/Entrepreneur 2/05 to 12/08
- Formed and developed business with 2 locations & 6 employees. Company was a brick & mortar retailer, an active EBay reseller, and created websites for local businesses.
- Created a business plan, formed a NC Corporation, acquired investments, found business locations, negotiated leases, prepared the sites for business, acquired and installed electronic point of sale devices, located wholesale & foreign manufacturers of goods to be sold, negotiated the purchase of those goods, determined/established supply chains, stocked stores, serviced customers, sold goods. Installed accounting system, set up and managed chart of accounts, entered and managed AR, AP journals. Developed and ran daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports, evaluated results and modified activities as needed.
- Established and operated an EBay sales channel, both for our own and for customer resale use.
- Established and operated a packing and shipping center for our own and customers use.
- Helped design and implement commercial web sites. Worked with our customers to help them understand the possibilities inherent in owning a website. Negotiated a web hosting agreement and resold internet services to our web site customers.
Confidential, Wilkesboro, NC
Manager/Director, Technical Services: 4/99 to 2/05
- Delivered multiple large & complex projects for enterprise systems (Mainframe, UNIX based Data Warehouse, all disk, tape & SAN storage, some network, and the OS', databases, utilities and tools to support these infrastructures).
- Managed the Data Warehouse Implementation Project which included development & implementation of all production ETL & operations processes ($17M, 40+ technicians)
- Managed the SAN Implementation Project which included installation of all hardware & software, plus the migration of all production data from dedicated storage to the SAN ($2M, 8 technicians)
- Managed the project to update the recovery solution for this Fortune 50 Company. Infrastructure included 2 ZSeries mainframes, 60 PSeries, and 55 Intel servers. Storage included 25TB of MF EMC/DMX storage, and 20 TB on an EMC Connectrix SAN, backed up via EMC SRDF, and a remotely mirrored IBM VTS.
- Managed many installation projects to increase hardware capacity and redundancy across the infrastructure.
- Managed many projects to upgrade to new releases of OS', databases, utilities & tools.
- Managed annual disaster recovery exercises to ensure recoverability of the IT environment.
- Implemented change management for all data center and infrastructure changes.
- Managed the installation and rollout of Remedy for configuration, change and incident management.
- Participated in the setup of a data center at the new corporate location.
- Participated in the planning for relocating the primary data center from North Wilkesboro to Winston-Salem.
- Led the mainframe systems programming team, the storage management team, the large UNIX system admin team, and the DB2, UDB & Teradata DBA teams.
- Served as a customer member of the NCR/Teradata Service Focus Team to influence NCR's service direction and issue resolution. Recommended and sold NCR on the need to distribute software electronically.
Other Companies - details available on request:
Confidential, St. Louis, MO - Manager Technical Services
Confidential, Omaha, NE - Application Development Manager
Confidential, South Bend IN - Sr Manager Technical Services
Confidential, Lansing, MI - Account Manager - SE Manager
Military Veteran - USMC
BBA in Accounting
2010 - IT Risk Management (Global Knowledge on-site training)
Member American Academy of Project Management (AApM)
Member Project Management Institute (PMI).
DOE - Q Clearance (inactive) DOD - Secret (inactive)