Information Technology Manager with extensive experience in managing global, cross-functional, and culturally diverse teams and leading them towards successful project implementation. Demonstrated abilities to deliver complex, multi-million dollar projects utilizing wide variety of technologies and leveraging custom-developed and off-the-shelf solutions. Extensive experience with Sales and Marketing businesses. Proven track record for leading, motivating, and developing staff and building high performance teams. Expertise in evaluation and selection of Vendor Software and Data products. Key specialties include:
- Application Development · Project and People Management
- Customer Relationship Management · System Integration
- Sales Force Automation · Validated and GxP Critical Systems
- Master Data Management · eDiscovery
Technologies: Siebel, ETL/Informatica, EAI/TIBCO, SAP, Siperian, Web, Client-Server, Mainframe
Systems and Tools: Windows, UNIX / AIX, MVS, MS-DOS, OS/2
Visual Studio, Oracle, DB2, SQL Server, TCP/IP Networking
MS Project, Visio, MS Office (Access, Excel, Power Point, Word), MS SharePoint
ITIL, Quality Center, Remedy, ClearQuest, ClearCase, Documentum
Languages: C, C++, Java, SQL, Visual Basic, Assembly, JCL, REXX, SAS, Pascal, LISP, Prolog
Confidential,West Point, Pennsylvania November 2004 – May 2010
Project Manager, Information Technology
Responsible for managing projects and people in support of Merck’s Siebel CRM (Call Center, Campaign Management, Scientific Leadership) and Sales Force Automation (SFA) related initiatives. Provided strong team leadership and effective management through all phases of project life cycle to ensure successful delivery of solutions. Worked closely with various business partners to ensure continuous alignment between business needs and technical solutions and to define scope, schedules, and funding needs. Managed cross-functional teams including both on-site and offshore resources. Managed project schedule, resources, budget, and risks. Delivered written and verbal status reports to Senior Executives and PMO’s.
- Built high-performance team by selecting and hiring talented professionals and continuously developing their technical and leadership skills. Responsibilities included working with employees on Objective Setting and Employee Development Plans, coaching, mentoring, and delivering Performance Reviews.
- Managed delivery of SAP and Customer Master/Siperian to Siebel CRM integration. This solution enabled Call Center and Campaign Management systems to establish consistent customer view by leveraging MDM data and allowed Merck Vaccine Call Center to gain visibility into SAP Purchasing Accounts.
- Managed delivery of four Siebel CRM and Analytics releases in support of Global Scientific Leadership initiative. This initiative provided Merck with capabilities to globally manage identification, planning, and tracking of Scientific Leader interactions. Development work on these projects was outsourced to Oracle.
- Ran numerous projects in support of Field Sales and Compliance initiatives. These efforts involved delivery of various Web-based and Client-Server applications, Mainframe/DB2 batch processes, and interfaces utilizing ETL/EAI. All of these projects were delivered with high quality and within 10% of plan.
- Delivered multiple releases of Customer Finder Web-based application to provide on-line customer management and alignment capabilities for over 7000 Field Sales Representatives. This Validated/GxP Critical system significantly improved customer data quality and reduced customer duplication by 80%.
- Led design and development of reporting framework to support eDiscovery/Litigation Reporting initiatives. This effort enabled company to provide timely and accurate responses to various legal inquiries.
- Presented with multiple Special Achievement Awards and Awards for Excellence.
Confidential,West Point, Pennsylvania September 1997 – October 2004
Technical Leader, Information Technology
Led team responsible for process development in support of Merck SFA System. This custom-built system employs multi-tier data distribution and synchronization architecture to support mobile computing for over 7000 Sales Representatives. Responsible for training/mentoring team members, ensuring adherence to SLC principles, creating design specifications, supervising development, defining architecture, coding/documentation standards, and promoting best practices. Worked four years as consultant before transitioning to full-time position.
- Led development of various processes implemented in C/C++ for highly efficient and reliable transaction processing, data management, synchronization, and reporting. Led development of integration interfaces between SFA and other internal and external systems.
- Supported business systems analysis by helping business partners understand SFA and define business processes and requirements.
- Performed logical system and physical database design to support complex business processes and rules.
- Worked with Developers, Testers, and Operational Support to ensure quality and timeliness of deliverables.
- Achieved significant improvements in Data Quality by implementing numerous processes for detection and resolution of data integrity issues.
- Enabled turnaround of very large project that was failing due to lack of technical capability to execute performance (load/stress/volume) testing across entire SFA system. Led efforts to design and develop framework that provided QA team with means to successfully meet performance testing objectives.
- Continuously improved team’s performance by developing team members’ technical and leadership skills.
- Worked with Enterprise Architecture on defining SFA architecture strategy as well as tactical ways of leveraging new technologies and development tools.
Confidential,Voorhees, New Jersey June 1995 – September 1997
Technical Consultant, Systems
Led team responsible for enterprise-wide infrastructure monitoring, systems/network management tools supporting multi-platform systems (Windows, UNIX, Mainframe). Provided strategic direction by performing off-the-shelf product evaluations and assessments of their ROI values relative to custom-developed solutions.
- Achieved 20% reduction in network resource failures and improved overall efficiency of monitoring personnel by implementing centralized toolset to enable more proactive management of network resources.
- Enabled consistent asset management and reporting framework by creating software for collecting company’s site configuration information and equipment inventory. This framework, implemented in Visual Basic with MS SQL Server, greatly improved information reliability and provided significant cost savings by eliminating overhead of manual data collection.
- Implemented process in Visual C++ to integrate MS SMS inventory data with legacy DB2/2 database.
Confidential,Mount Laurel, New Jersey April 1994 – May 1995
Responsible for design and development of telecommunications software.
- Developed graphical user interface and backend system components in C under IBM OS/2 for matrix switching and network management multitasking software.
- Led software quality and performance improvement effort. This effort resulted in proactive identification of 100+ software defects as well as up to 30% improvement in application response times.
- Achieved up to 100% improvement in turnaround of testing times by designing and developing automated testing utilities using OS/2 procedures language REXX.
- Enhanced user reporting capabilities by broadly expanding system’s custom reports.
- Documented various system deliverables ranging from design specifications to software maintenance.
Master of Science in Computer Science
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science with Minor in Mathematics