IT Professional with extensive experience in the pharmaceutical and telecommunications industries. Skilled in project management and all facets of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), with strong focus on SAP upgrades, enhancements and implementations. Proficient in areas of finance and the general ledger, controlling, project systems, and the procure-to-pay modules. Outstanding business analysis skills and financial aptitude to provide superior system solutions for the customer. Recognized for system documentation and translation skills and providing comprehensive training delivery and development for end-users.
SAP R/3 & ECC 6.0, MS Office including Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access, Outlook, and Project, Windows (all versions), ZOption GLSU, SQL, iTM1, Visual Basic for Applications, Visio, SimPro, Vantive CRM, SolverWeb, WS_FTP Pro, MS DOS 6.22, Novell NetWare 4.11, Windows NT 4.0 Server and Workstation, Lotus Notes, Pathlore LMS, Interwoven
Confidential,Hanover, NJ 1998 - 2010
IT Project Manager (2007 – 2010)
Partnered with finance, requisition to pay, marketing spend, and ethics & compliance customers to prioritize and collaborate, with respective system support groups, to implement system changes. Performed detailed analyses of complex business requirements and provided timely and superior system solutions. Participated in an SAP ECC 6.0 upgrade as testing coordinator for the finance support team. Proactively and consistently identified business process and system enhancement opportunities.
- Championed new fixed asset reposting process that allowed users to map data across SAP modules for reporting purposes, and was the foundation for future reposting developments
- Proactively updated inbound project master data feeds that reduced data kick-outs by 90%
- Led cross-functional IT workshops to create efficiencies in reporting between SAP, Ariba, marketing spend, TM1 and Cognos systems
- Coordinated the retirement effort of the SAP R2 system, which saved the company $400K in annual maintenance costs
- Utilized Business Application Programming Interface (BAPI) technology to provide real-time data feeds to our marketing spend system, which enabled up-to-date tracking of projects and purchase order spend
Senior IT Systems Consultant (2004 – 2007)
Configured SAP modules as necessary for the finance organization, including FI, COPA, CCA, PCA, PS as well as integration enhancements with SD & MM. Developed functional and test specifications for development objects in SAP. Created and delivered application training to customers. Supported a multi-site and global customer base.
- Created extracts for the aggregate spend system that automated state reporting for the Ethics and Compliance organization and provided appropriate information for federal reporting
- Organized and facilitated the Super User Network, which fostered strong collaboration between the business users and IT
- Managed change request process with the business and prioritized work effort for FICO team and offshore resources
- Generated a web-based training course for all new SAP end users via iPresenter tool and Pathlore LMS, which decreased training-related calls into the helpdesk
Associate Director / Project Team Lead – SAP R/3 Project (2003 – 2004)
Led the finance project team through the SDLC, to configure, test, document, train, and implement the planning and month-end processes in an SAP R/3 upgrade (FICO, COPA, EC-PCA). Acted as finance integration lead to work cross-functionally in order to track and resolve issues between FICO and other SAP modules (SD, MM, PP, and BW).
- Designed a coherent project plan managing resource allocation and strict compliance with project timeline deliverables
- Formalized and delivered training of all financial modules for end users and system administrators which guaranteed a successful transition to production
- Cooperated closely with business owners in prioritization and strategy, which resulted in the consistent delivery of a high-quality product and satisfied client
Associate Director – Financial Systems & Business Analysis (1998 – 2003)
Maintained data integrity, system development, and overall planning processes for the business planning & analysis group, including the Strategic Plan, Budget & Outlook, Salary Planning, and Gross Margin Plan systems. Directed the TM1 upgrade effort for the finance and marketing organizations. Strengthened supervisory skills through management, training, development, and appraisal of two direct reports.
- Accountable for four TM1 OLAP servers including client access, updates, audit trail restorations, programming modifications, and security for over 200 users
- Automated and restructured the Salary Planning System to ensure data integrity and confidentiality
- Revamped the strategic planning system, which reduced data entry time and increased productivity for financial analysis
- Confidential,Newton, NJ 1997 - 1998
- Adjunct Professor - Introduction to Microsoft Word
- Prepared weekly lesson plans and assignments for students
- Provided real-time feedback and assistance to students through hands-on training
Prior Relevant Experience
Financial Staff Manager – Budget and Actual Trend Analysis
- Systems Developer/Analyst – MS Access and VBA Programming
- Business Case Analyst – Complex Excel Model Development for Marketing Organization
- Financial/Systems Analyst – SQL Programming for Budget and Outlook Analysis
Education / Certifications
Master of Science
Computer Technical Support Degree
Bachelor of Business Administration