Innovative and motivated Business Professional with established background in Office Management, Administration, Business Analysis and directing corporate operations. Proven ability to implement effective policies and procedures, enhance productivity, and increase efficiency. Adept at team and project management with the ability to coordinate business operations, upper management and analysis functions.
Confidential Houston, TX January 2009 – Present
Project Analyst- Project Specific Consultant - Pipeline Companies
- Developed and coordinated policies and procedures to support construction and engineering functions for developing projects, process flows, project structure plans and new project manuals. Monitor daily challenges of the team and manage resources in an effective manner to resolve the issues at hand
- Designed, implemented and utilized detailed project plans to schedule, track, and report project status to upper management.
- Establish project scope, goals, and timelines specific to each group to align internal resources and manage external vendors to a contracted scope of work. Enforced timely completion of projects, adherence to the project schedule and maintain a real time schedule progression by effectively managing the team resources
- Created and implemented variety of management reports, including cost control, sales forecasting, and other reports, dramatically increasing efficiency. Analyzed business issues and processes within the integrity group, implemented new field safety manual, internal processes and employee guidelines
- Developed and implemented functional and systematic specifications for related business issues making technical recommendations based on field and internal analysis of business practices and processes utilizing the use of specialized web based programs
- Developed testing efforts, managed testing procedures and processes, effectively managed project goals, identified success of the testing processes and their benefits to the project
- Acquired staff, implemented new policies and procedures, and coordinated operations as well as negotiated contracts with service providers, land owners, vendors and contract employees. Directed mentoring and direction to the management group in the execution of daily roles and responsibilities of support staff.
Confidential Houston, TexasFebruary 2006- January 2009
Project Coordinator/ Office Manager
- Coordinated and supervised staff of 10 outside sales personnel, office staff and contract personnel performing administrative and office management duties required to support efficient office flow
- Created highly effective workbook for sales personnel to input field data and calculate prices and project specifications from their laptop using macros, v-lookups and external data resources to compute real time estimates
- Implemented new project tracking database to monitor daily progress, changes to schedule, material status, associated costs and project development. Established project deadlines and schedules with real time schedule progression, communicate company expectations and standards to the team.
- Management of projects by creating and maintaining detailed project documentation, spreadsheets and databases. Created, tracked and monitored delivery of purchase orders and invoicing for project needs
- Performed daily validation of installation integrity against the actual work being performed, including site visits and making technical recommendations on project performance and expectations. Lead testing efforts to resolve project issues and prevent material delays based on project specifications to ensure the project requirements are met within the scope of work
- Created and revised business forms to meet the changing needs of the company, employees and contractors
- Facilitates project communications by establishing and maintaining solid working relationships with team members, managers, and clients. Daily assessment of work flow environment as well as mediating and resolving work sequence conflicts
- Analysis of business issues, business processes and data challenges that arise within the company and industry
Confidential Houston, Texas(July 2002- February 2006)
Office Manager/ Executive Assistant
- Supervised off site office with a staff of fifty employees ranging from interns to Corporate Partners. Managed and oversaw administrative functions to ensure all activities were processed efficiently.
- Streamlined business processes to increase productivity and improve efficiency therefore reducing wasted man hours thus improving employee utilization. Maintained and updated departmental policies and procedures manual.
- Reviewed clerical and personnel records to ensure accuracy, responsible for the training and development of employees. Responsible for handling Human Resource issues and employee problem resolutions.
- Planned and monitored daily staffing schedules and adjusted accordingly to ensure adequate staffing levels that support operational demands and business objectives. Scheduled employee holidays, benchmarked employee salary increases against current standards, performed employee performance evaluations and managed travel and expenses for office employees.
- Coordinated daily meetings, monthly staff meeting and seminars including catering, document presentations and setting up conference/ web based videos and calls.
- Provided administrative support in the development, implementation, monitoring and reporting of internal and external objectives. Reviewed and evaluated data monitoring to determine consistency of data collected.Researched opportunities for improved services to clients and implemented new procedures.
Confidential Houston, Texas(January 2000 -July 2002) Office Manager
- Supervised office staff of six people as well as supported the President and Vice President. Managed benefits and enrollments, including medical, dental and life insurance, legal contracts, 401k elections, hiring process, as well as implementing new policy and procedures.
- Oversaw A/P and A/R, payroll, accounting, checking and investment bank accounts, wire transfers, company credit cards and other financial aspects. Carried out bookkeeping, processed draws, petty cash, change orders, invoicing and purchase orders.
- Reconfigured office filing system and converted manual entries to electronic bookkeeping improving efficiency.
- Established office procedures, managed all office activities and implemented a number of service techniques to promote productivity and efficiency.
- Reconciled and facilitated company to vendor relationships
- Managed up to 10 phone lines, greeted customers, and communicated closely with clients and vendors. Responded to, and resolved, customer issues and inquiries.
- Organized travel, flight, lodging, and rental car arrangements for office and visiting personnel.
- Served as Accounting Assistant for a large gas and oil company for several years. Worked to establish and implement new accounting procedures and processes. Carried out monthly processes and completed day to day processes.
- Bachelors Degree, Business Management
- Associates Degree, Accounting
- Expert Certification in: Microsoft Word, Excel, Project, Powerpoint and Access
- Professional Experience: Visio, Sharepoint, Peoplesoft, Explorer and Oracle
- Accounting Software: AS400, SAP, Quickbooks, Peachtree, JDE and various others