Highly accomplished software and application development leader with extensive experience directing requirements gathering and solution design for retail point-of-sale, health insurance, manufacturing, and professional services applications. Adept at translating business requirements into technological systems that streamline processes. Proficient at analyzing current functions to determine techniques and strategies to improve operations. Excellent communicator and team leader; can convey complex concepts to non-technical audiences with ease to harmonize gap between business and technology departments.
- Software Architecture
- Technology Evaluation
- Process Reengineering
- System Design
- Agile Development
- Requirements Gathering/Analysis
- POS Systems
- Technology Integration
- Quality Assurance Testing
- Project Management
- Budget Management
- Web Architecture
Confidential,Cleveland, Ohio 2007–2009
Consulting Technology Project Manager/Business Analyst
Oversaw multiple internal client and third-party resources through all project lifecycle phases. Defined priorities and task assignments. Led requirements gathering/analysis, specification development, solution design, testing, and deployment.
- Orchestrated Paperless Explanation of Benefits (EOB) project that secured $250K in annual savings by making all information regarding benefits programs available online for customer self-service.
- Directed 10-person team, which included 2 vendor teams, through planning, configuration, and implementation of Quicken Health platform to streamline medical and pharmacy claims processes.
Confidential,Solon, Ohio 2006
Product Development Director
Directed 17 software engineers across 3 distinct teams to develop and integrate features into existing applications such as Data Suite, Audience Measurement, and Operational Intelligence for provider of video on-demand monitoring solutions. Coordinated development initiatives. Oversaw validation and implementation of Java/JSP-based Web applications with Oracle data warehouse.
Confidential,Solon, Ohio 1996–2006
Vice President of Software Research & Development
Led 17-person team in all facets of technology design, development, testing, validation, and technical documentation for provider of retail applications. Assessed dynamic retail market conditions to devise and develop solution enhancements and emerging point-of-sale (POS) platforms. Oversaw use case and test case design. Defined project plans, including scope, milestones, budgets, and deliverables. Sourced and directed activities of third-party technology specialists/consultants. Managed project budgets of up to $1.4M annually.
- Retained as Consultant to develop initial POS system and to train Datavantage team members on functionality and support.
- Offered permanent role to manage initial POS system launch, which generated more than $10M in combined sales.
- Led design and development of next-generation solution and to manage initial product release.
- Instituted Agile development methodology that resulted in improved process controls, increased quality, and shortened delivery cycle times.
- Developed and implemented automated testing solutions to reduce regression testing times.
Confidential,Akron/Mentor, Ohio 1989–1996
Provided application development and support services to clients in diverse industries. Identified functional business needs and defined technical specifications. Coordinated development, testing, and delivery.
- Designed and developed case management solution for Columbus-based law firm that integrated case activity and event monitoring with communications, billing, settlement, and accounting functions.
- Created streamlined data entry solution for manufacturing operation that enhanced interface with other applications and captured more than $40K in annual productivity gains.
- Developed order processing solution to improve packing and shipping processes for consumer products manufacturer.
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
Agile Development Methodologies ~ Test-Driven Development Techniques ~ Use Case Design/Documentation
Selected Technical Proficiencies
Microsoft Windows, Linux, Mainframe, POS Systems, CRM Solutions
Java, JSP, SQL, PowerBuilder, dBase, Clipper
Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, Sybase
Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Project, Microsoft Visio, Financial/Payment Applications