Dynamic Operational Accounting Professional with Advanced Technical Skills
Highly-motivated, enthusiastic professional offering more than eight years of comprehensive technical and leadership experience in targeted accounting roles. Brings proven experience with full-cycle sales auditing, AR/AP coordination, and budget forecasts and analysis. A goal-oriented individual that managed all incoming revenue for a 300+ store retail chain while utilizing extensive IT skills to facilitate all interface technology. Knows how to set business objectives and takes the steps to achieve them. Provides excellent interpersonal skills and thrives both independently and when working with a cohesive team.
Technical and Software Proficiency:
MS Office Suite , Outlook , Lotus Notes , FAS , MAS 90 , SAP , Great Plains with FRx Reporting , MAS 90 , ODS Retail Pro , AS400/Island Pacific , Escalate Ecometry , Lawson , Peachtree , Pegasus Opera , Epicor Vantage Medial Solution Systems , Dezine Healthcare
Selected Accomplishments (as Manager of Accounting Operations at Confidential)
- Served as†Project Manager†for technology and software upgrades that required transaction analysis, test scenarios and integration with other systems.
- Established a new A/R department†by hiring and training talented individuals who have improved A/R processes for proper financial reporting.
- Implemented an automated A/R system†using an existing eCommerce software package to accommodate Open Account management for a newly established Wholesale line of business.
- Recognized as a major contributor for testing, implementation and roll out of a new chain-wide POS system, ensuring sales and financial reporting accuracy for all retail stores.
- Consistently completed†month-end close†on schedule, ensuring all staff members were successful in large journal entry compilation.
- Created $800,000†annual budget†for Sales Audit department and successfully used it to compare actual-to-budget on a bi-monthly basis.
Selected Accomplishments (Sales Audit and Shortage Control Manager at Confidential)
- Streamlined credit card†reconciliation†procedures, improving accuracy and reducing unaccounted funds from $300,000 to $1,000.
- Oversaw bi-annual†Physical Inventory†process by reviewing inventory calendar events, setting cut-off dates, processing automated inventory application, and reconciling variances.
Selected Accomplishments (as Accounts Payable Manager at Confidential)
- Applied strong time-management and organizational skills in eliminating a 2-year backlog of non-reconciled cost of goods transactions, while maintaining a 100% accuracy for all transactions within 60 days.
- Matched tasks with staff strengths to build greater efficiency and allowed employees to excel in their positions.
- Collaborated and communicated with external auditors to establish and document procedures to ensure†Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 Compliance.
Selected Accomplishments (as Accounting Supervisor at Confidential)
- Played a key role in†establishing accounting and financial reporting†system after company merger and acquisition process.
- Created A/P and A/R department in 60 days and greatly reduced outstanding Accounts Receivable balances.
- Assisted in department ERP implementation for Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable.
Selected Accomplishments in medical coding and billing
- Collected $30,000 in outstanding claims (120+ days outstanding) in first 6 months at Acton Medical Supply
- Reduced days of service outstanding at Granite State Mediquip by approximately 45 days – from 90+ days to 55 days.
PROFESSIONAL WORK EXPERIENCE
Accounting Manager | Confidential| Nov. 2011 – October 2012
- Conduct a multifaceted role overseeing all accounting functions for busy full service gym
- Prepare customer invoices and conduct bank account reconciliations to maintain accurate bookkeeping
- Supervised Accounts Payable
- Apply cash to spreadsheets and perform special projects for the owner
- Cleared an invoice backlog of six months and ensured that all outstanding invoices were paid
- Implemented a new spreadsheet database for bank transactions that significantly reduced paper waste
- Prepared cash flow statements for business and sourced best-priced liability insurance policies
- Developed spreadsheets to assist the Operations Manager with tracking sales progress and growth
Contract Accountant | Confidential| Aug. 2008 – June 2009
- Provided a variety of targeted contract roles with a focus on process improvements for small businesses
- Prepared month-end closes and reconciliations of GL accounts
- Processed A/P and A/R and performed bank account reconciliations
- Consistently hired by new clients due to strong referrals and quality results
- Conducted contract accounting work while also pursuing a Master’s Degree
Retail Accounting Manager | Confidential | Mar. 2008 – July 2008
- Hired to manage and facilitate all aspects of retail store openings, including arranging armored car service, bank accounts, store supplies, credit card processing systems, and sales tax data
- Performed month-end close for retail accounting department with reconciliation of sub-ledger
- Managed two staff accounts and provided guidance on bank account reconciliations, sale tax preparation, daily sales processing, and month-end journal entries
- Facilitated the seamless openings of several retail stores during short-term position
Confidential.†| 2004 – 2008†
Manager of Accounting Operations
- Promoted for the second time in one year to manage a staff of eleven employees in Sales Audit, Shortage Control, and Accounts Receivable
- Coordinated and prepared annual budget and bi-monthly forecasts to analyze variances to budget
- Developed an entirely new A/R department by hiring and training talented new staff members
- Subsequently implemented an automated A/R system using an existing eCommerce software package to accommodate Open Account Management for a newly established wholesale line of business
- Utilized strong IT skills to serve as Project Manager for numerous technology and software upgrades that required transaction analysis, test scenarios, and integration with other systems
- Recognized as a major contributor for the testing, implementation, and roll-out of a new chain-wide POS system that ensured accurate sales and financial reporting for all retail stores
Sales Audit and Shortage Control Manager
- Promoted from Accounts Payable supervisor to manage a staff of eight in Sales Audit and Shortage Control
- Coordinated month-end account reconciliations and all credit card sales and reconciliations
- Aligned individual roles based on strengths and capabilities of team members to create cohesive team
- Streamlined credit card reconciliation†procedures and reduced unaccounted funds from $300K to $1K
- Oversaw biannual Physical Inventory process by reviewing inventory calendar events, setting cut-off dates, processing automated inventory application, and reconciling variances.
Accounts Payable Supervisor
- Conducted successful role supervising five A/P associates in a high volume, diverse payment environment
- Oversaw processing and payment for merchandise and general vendors
- Collaborated with external auditors to establish procedures to ensure Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 Compliance
- Eliminated a 2-year backlog of non-reconciled cost of goods transactions, while maintaining 100% accuracy for all transactions within 60 days
- Matched tasks with staff strengths to build greater efficiency and allow employees to excel in their positions
Accounting Supervisor/Senior Staff Accountant | Confidential| 2000 – 2004
- Created a new A/P and A/R department in 60 days; promoted to supervise two associates
- Completed month end close, G/L account reconciliations, fixed assets, and sales and use tax returns
- Coordinated ACH payment administration, processed year-end 1099 forms, and performed intercompany accounting
- Assisted in company-wide ERP implementation by establishing A/P and A/R protocols
- Played a key role in establishing a new accounting and financial reporting system after the company merger and acquisition process.
FORMAL EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
Bachelor of Science in Accounting
Masters of Science in Health Administration
B.Sc. Accounting/Organizational Management†
Certificate in Accounting