Program Management/ Project Management/ Business Development
Talented, driven Project Management Professional with proven success record in planning and leading projects and coordinating effective teams. Adept at managing technology deployments and integrations, establishing effective relationships, and facilitating revenue growth.
- Project / Program Management
- Business Development
- Strategic Planning
- Process Improvement
- Problem Solving
- Customer Relations
- Procedure Development
- Forecasting SONET Transport
- Layer 2 Data Networks
- Converged Packet Access
Confidential, Plano, Texas 1993 – 2009
Business Development Manager (2006 – 2009)
- Created business case to increase 1H09 revenue by $1M.
- Acted as primary point of contact for product technical and business questions.
- Created customer specific equipment configurators.
- Tracked order bookings and revenue.
- Drove feature requirements resulting from customer requests, standards requirements, and test results.
Program / Project Management Senior (2002 – 2006)
- Introduced a new product into the MCI network resulting in >$10M a year in revenue.
- Co-authored a multi-business division Service Level Agreement worth >$7.5M a year.
- Provided post-sales support to customers in the form of program management, lab certifications, and technical problem resolution.
- Acted as primary interface between account teams and engineering/testing groups during certifications and technical problem resolution.
- Fostered customer relationships by acting as primary customer point of contact for equipment questions.
- Drove customer field issues to resolution with CTAC and R&D groups.
Manager Customer Program Management (1999 – 2002)
Customer Program Manager
- Directed system engineering and program management activity for the WorldCom account (orders were over $50M per year at that time).
- Assisted group in overcoming obstacles to ensure customer orders were processed, delivered, and installed/tested per customer requested dates.
- Communicated with demand planning group to ensure material was ordered to fill pending orders.
- Worked with internal organizations to document/streamline processes to reduce cycle time.
(1998 – 1999)
- Program managed customer evaluations for digital cross-connect systems.
- Communicated feature requirements from the customer to R&D and Product Management personnel.
- Tracked and reported progress made by R&D during the development cycle of new cross-connect hardware and software.
- Tracked field problems and oversaw the implementation of corrections.
System Engineer (1995 – 1998)
- Engineered, ordered, and project managed Wideband and Narrowband Digital Cross-connect orders.
- Interacted with all facets of the company in order to provide complete customer service.
- Created solutions to technical issues posed by customer.
- Communicated with customer to facilitate on-time delivery of equipment.
- Reviewed all purchase orders for content to assure that correct equipment was ordered.
- Tracked customer equipment in order to supply feedback on delivery issues.
- Project managed customer evaluations for new software and hardware.
- Worked with Sales team and Product Management to establish profitable, yet competitive pricing structures for cross-connect systems.
Field Service Engineer (1993 – 1995)
- Installed and tested Digital Cross-connect and Low Capacity Lightwave systems.
- Developed a high level of trouble-shooting skills as a result of resolving equipment operation issues during turn-up and test activities.
BS, Electrical Engineering,
Certifications and Training
Project Management Professional (PMP)
TRI Web-based Training Including:
Ethernet Protocols Understanding IP Networking and VPNs
Local Networks and LANs Ethernet Access and TDM Transport
Technical and Pc Knowledge
- Layer 2 data
- Control Plane
- Cognos Impromptu
- Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Project