- 20 years experience in technical publications, as documentation manager/production coordinator and writer.
- More than 15 years of working experience with FrameMaker, creating the FrameMaker template files, wrote major sections of the documentation, supervised three technical writers, and worked with American engineers.
- More than 20 years experience programming in SAS. Programmed all the analyses for the above companies in SAS. Programmed ancillary databases to store and manage the data.
- Over 15 years of working experience HTML in creating online help and/or websites.
- 20 years of experience working in a production environment for a technical publications department.
- 15 years of working experience with templates, involved in creating all the templates, wrote or edited the content, and managed the releases of each version of the documentation set.
- Experience with XML-based publications systems.
- Experience working in a mature technical publications organization with established processes and collaborative projects.
- Wrote, edited, and managed the entire documentation set for a major software vendor. All of the materials were authored in FrameMaker.
- Created numerous example applications and wrote documentation (more than 2,000 pages) for the integrated development environment.
- Supervised the production the technical documentation and was the primary author for the ACIUS Quick Start tutorial, Users Guide, and the Design Reference.
FrameMaker: Technical writer, documentation manager, and production coordinator.
Statistical Software: Emphasis on SAS, SPSS, BMDP, and Fortran
Internet: HTML5, CSS3, MediaWiki, Drupal, and HTML/code editors.
Misc: MS Office, BBedit, Espresso, BBedit, 4th Dimension, and Real Studio.
1996 to 2012
- Reported to company founder and CEO
- Wrote, edited, and managed the entire documentation set. All of the materials were authored
- in FrameMaker
- Created all the templates, wrote or edited the content, and managed the releases of each
- version of the documentation set
- Created numerous example applications and wrote documentation (more than 2,000 pages)
- for the integrated development environment
- Authored or edited extensive classroom training materials and wrote example projects on all
- types of applications
1995 to 1995
- Reported to CEO as subcontractor to Carson Group
- Programmed database publishing project that produced product listings of firms for investors
- Designed and implemented very complex and dense multi-column template that summarized
- the information concisely on one page per firm
- Programmed the data extraction and traveled to New York to aid in final production
1994 to 1995
- Reported to Zimmer project director
- Programmed complex database publishing project that produced highly automated 1,000
- page product catalog
- Designed complex template and programmed the data extraction
- All the information resided in the corporate database and was published in an attractive and
- up-to-date catalog from which Zimmer customers ordered
1992 to 1994
Technical Marketing Manager
- Reported to Vice President
- Promoted dynamic publishing of structured documents in FrameMaker using database-driven
- back-ends (a.k.a., database publishing)
- This was the precursor to content management systems for the internet
- Traveled to Europe several times to promote database publishing and train field
- Created database publishing example projects and trained staff
- Made high-level sales calls to corporate customers
- Promoted the initial release of FrameMaker for Windows and Structured FrameMaker
1986 to 1992
• Reported to US CEO and later to worldwide founder and CEO
- Managed the documentation department
- All the documentation was done in FrameMaker
- Created the FrameMaker template files, wrote major sections of the documentation,
- supervised three technical writers, and worked with American engineers
- Supervised the production the technical documentation and was the primary author for the
- Quickstart tutorial, Users Guide, and the Design Reference
- Supervised or wrote documentation for ancillary support plug-in products
ABD, Behavioral Methodology,
M.A, Psychometrics and Applied Statistics,