Highly motivated, accomplished Senior IT Professional with comprehensive software development, database design, and project management experience. Knowledgeable and experienced in all key components of the project life cycle. Exceptional team builder with extensive experience in leading cross-functional project teams in the successful completion of large- and small-scale projects on schedule and within budget. Especially adept at analyzing problems and finding and implementing innovative problem solutions. Proven ability to make sound and logical decisions under pressure. Possesses excellent team leadership, communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills as well as the ability to motivate teams and individuals to achieve their personal and professional best. Areas of expertise include:
- IT management
- Research & Development
- Risk Assessment
- Strategic Planning
- Project management
- Business Development
- Database & System Analysis
- Business Impact Analysis
- Team Building
OPERATING SYSTEMS: UNIX, AIX, Windows 95/98/NT/2000/XP/Vista, Linux, Sun OS.
DATABASES: Oracle, Informix, SQL Server, FoxPro, Access.
HARDWARE: HP/Dell/Apple Servers, AT&T Lucent Phone Switches, Siemens ROLM Phone Switches, PCs, X-Terminals.
NETWORKING: LAN, WAN, POP, SMTP, VPN, ISDN, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, Cisco IOS, Telnet, RDP.
TOOLS AND APPLICATIONS: Visual Studio, Oracle 9i-10g, Toad, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Access, Excel, Project, Outlook), smit, vi, gnome, Cold Fusion Studio, XML Spy, Install Shield, Source Safe, SCCS, IIS, Adobe Photoshop, Visio, XMLspy, Microsoft Enterprise Manager, PCAnywhere.
Confidential, Fort Lauderdale, Florida 1993 – Present
Senior Developer /Database Analyst / Project Manager
Director, Confidential (1993-2001)
- Led development of travel industry’s first web based reservation system that supported 1600+ users and included client management, API, accounting, finance, HR, Payroll, and reporting functions; converted data from 23 different legacy systems to new application.
- Key team member in completing a successful pre-IPO technical merger of CruisesOnly and five other top travel companies to create Travel Services International.
- Involved in all phases of software development lifecycle, including requirements gathering, analysis, design, development, unit testing, code review, QA and deployment.
- Saved the company $6.8 million by developing and maintaining compensation software to support sales model.
- Supervised the development team’s software completion, check-in and version control strategy by coordinating and producing software builds including resolution of build errors.
- Successfully converted 12 technical and business systems of acquired companies on time and under budget.
- Authored technical and functional specifications and managed multiple projects simultaneously.
- Analyzed customer and sales data to answer critical business needs and to provide senior management with the tools to effectively manage the company.
- Created payroll, compensation, accounting, and sales tracking reports from multiple data sources.
- Supervised all aspects of network connectivity, implementation, integration, and troubleshooting for servers, routers, remote access, storage devices, printers, and scanners for all call center operations.
- Managed a team of 18 developers and support personnel including all personnel reviews, interviewing, hiring and training of all IT personnel
- Developed custom application for cruise reservations, which included all booking processes, reporting, payroll, accounting, auditing, general ledger, and integration of third-party connectivity.
- Successfully migrated 350 users from a server based platform to Windows with no down time and under budget.
- Converted data and operations of six different companies on legacy systems to central application with no manual data conversion or downtime.
- Grew the company from 90 to 350 employees by working with management on strategic planning and business development.
- Prepared IT budgets and reported all departmental activities to the CFO.
- Purchased and installed all hardware and software for 3 locations supporting 350 users; negotiated contracts for purchases of computer, telephony and support services.
- Served as Informix 4GL programmer, database administrator, UNIX system administrator (IBM AIX, Linux and SUN) and Cisco network administrator for a 400-station network including four different locations.
Confidential, Orlando, Florida 1988 – 1993
Electrical Engineering Consultant
- Designed custom integrated test equipment for use in military contracts for the United States Army and Navy.
- Ensured on-time delivery of multi-billion dollar contracts by resolving design issues.
- Reduced costs and design time by replacing selected hardware with a mix of hardware and software.
- Developed machine-level code for embedded processors and designed high voltage laser tracking and infra-red vision systems,
- Supervised fabrication technicians in the proper procedures for assembling hardware.
- Reported design flaws and documented design changes.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering
- Microsoft ASP .NET, 2005.
- Mastering Microsoft Visual Basic 6, 2001.