Results orientated Project Manager with experience in leading projects teams with as many as 80 people in an international team environment on projects exceeding $25 million dollars. I offer over 15 years in project/program management experience including: Implementation of major software development, implementation of computer networking/ information technologies, satellite communications technology including design and construction of site supporting structures, MS project server implementations, and implementation of Project Management Office Experience using both on and offshore development/management teams. Major airline experience Developed long term relationships with internal and external customers. Familiar with International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) requirements.
Satellite Communications Network Contract (SCNC) program – Implementation of major satellite communications (AFSCN) technology including design and construction of site supporting structures managed the implementation of major hardware/software development projects. Provided briefings of project status including earned value metrics and technical issues to the Government Program Office (Air Force Space Command, 21 and 22 SOPS).
Proficient in MS Access, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project 2000,2003, and 2007, MS Project Server 2003/2007, Visio, Adobe Framemaker, HTML Programming, Visual Basic 6.0, Oracle 8i, SQL, and Earned Value Management. Trained in Microframe Project Manager (MPM) and Terra Data
Master of Business Administration
Bachelor of Science Degree in Management
PROJECT MANAGEMENT PROFESSIONAL (PMP) SIX SIGMA GREEN BELT CERTIFIED
FAA AIRCRAFT MECHCANIC CERTIFIED, FAA PRIVATE PILOT CERTIFIED
Areas of Expertise:
PROGRAM MANAGEMENT, TELECOMMUNICATIONS, OPERATIONAL MANAGEMENT, Satellite Communications, SPACE SYSTEMS, EARNED VALUE MANAGEMENT, U.S. GOVERNMENT AGENCIES (DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE, AIR FORCE SPACE COMMAND, 21 and 22 SOPS, MISSLE DEFENSE AGENCY, HOMELAND SECURITY), SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT, TRAINING DEVELOPMENT/TRAINER, SDLC, AGILE METHODOLOGIES, DATA WAREHOUSING, COST ANALYSIS, CONSULTIING SERVICES,
Confidential,January 2007 - January 2009
- Managed a major infrastructure implementation prototype using current call center technology being used by a major telecom organization to market to separately to government agencies. Activities included: requirement identification/development, integration of applications and hardware, testing, documentation through final acceptance.
- Managed the implementation of major software development life-cycle projects including: requirement identification/development, integration of applications and hardware, testing, documentation through final acceptance.
- Implementation of Infrastructure both upgrades and new infrastructure projects. Activities to include: identification of requirements, Risk identification/management, scheduling, hardware/software procurement, installation through testing.
- Provide weekly schedule updates and reporting to at the Executive level.
- Developed the project plan using Microsoft Project using SDLC best practices, ensuring the project stays on budget and on time, and providing project updates to senior management
- Engaged multiple internal technology teams (onshore and offshore), vendor resources, and other business units (as required) throughout the project life cycle.
Technologies Utilized: .NET, Java 1.4, AJAX/JSP/Servlets, EJB 1.2, ORACLE 9i, Web Logic 8.2, XML
Confidential,April 2004 – January 2007
- Utilizing project management methodologies, managed the implementation of major hardware/software development projects including: requirement identification/development, integration of applications and hardware, testing, documentation through final acceptance
- Activities include project planning, scope and change management, time management, quality management, risk management, human resource management, financial management and earned value management. Manages and supervises activities of all personnel involved in the delivery of the full spectrum of IT support services including application development, information assurance and network engineering.
- Worked on the MS Project Server implementation project.
- Implementation of major satellite communications technology including design and construction of site supporting structures,
- Worked with Proposal group to develop Statement of Works (SOW), proposed schedule(s), cost estimates, budgets, and required project planning documents.
- Negotiated final project cost with government and facilitates contract finalization with Legal, Finance, Corporate Departments, and Executive Management
- Managed weekly and monthly project status including: cost and schedule variances, scope, risk management, variance reports, develop project status presentations and attend monthly customer project reviews (Weekly Customer Reviews (Air Force Space Command, 21 and 22 SOPS), Team Meetings, PMRs etc.)
- Developed, publish and track action plans and action items
- Managed several projects with multi-million dollar budgets
- Maintained Secret Clearance for these highly classified and critical projects
Software/Technologies Utilized: .NET, Java 1.4, ORACLE 10i, Web Logic 8.2 , XML, C++, Clearcase, ReqPro
Confidential,August 2003 – April 2004
Program Management Scheduling Lead
- Led MS Project 2003 Enterprise Edition Project Implementation, including training, project plan development and implementation
- Assisted with supervision of the ICRDC Scheduling team. Directly interfaced with senior management of ICRDC Management as well as members of the JNIC Government Staff in both a consultant role and as a technical expert/advisor in schedule management methods.
- Maintained and reviewed Intergraded Master Schedule (IMS)
- Assessed manpower for the Scheduling Department, along with development of the current ICRDC Administrative Procedure (AP) and identified Operating Instructions (OI’s) requirements.
- Participated in and a member of Government/Contractor Meetings (i.e. Event Technical Advisory Panel (ETAP), Critical Asset Resource Tool, and Infrastructure Integrated Master Schedule meetings)
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of schedules for information technology, facility configuration and special projects
- Responsible for the development of integrated cost schedules, consolidated master schedules and other customer directed deliverables
Confidential,October 2002 – August 2003
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of project schedules, tracking project variances, and forecasting finish dates for SCNC Developmental and Sustainment projects.
- Monitored earned value management (EVMS) reporting process and ensuring project management guidelines were met using MPM
- Review and report the impact to the overall master schedule as projects are incorporated into the Integrated Master Schedule and assist in conflict resolution
Confidential,December 1995 - September 2001
Senior Project Consultant/Scheduler
- Led development of earned value management (EVMS) reporting process, creation and maintenance of Project Management Office (PMO) standards and documentation, development of risk analyst plans and documentation and acted as liaison between the PMO and other functional areas ensuring project guidelines were met
- Responsible for the development and distribution of custom and ad hoc reports from project schedules, tracked project variances, and forecasted adjusted finish dates for both internet/intranet software projects
- Led Multi Million dollar Boeing 777 Maintenance Readiness Project
- Led Data Warehousing effort
- Led Maintenance and Engineering effort in implementing new enterprise software project
- Led American Airlines effort to implement new LAN/WAN networking system for entire facility
- Led aircraft acceptance program for AMR Corp. Interfaced with 5 regional airlines, Aerospatiale (aircraft manufacturer), Federal Aviation Administration and AMR Corp. Headquarters to ensure all documentation required by FAA was in place in time for acceptance of a fleet of new aircraft.
- Supervised the overhaul of B757, B767, and B777 Aircraft. Led overhaul scheduling for large aircraft A, B, C, and D checks. Coordinated with overhaul shops of large aircraft sub components including structural repairs, engine overhaul/replacement, and overhaul of Jet Engine components. Developed scheduling presentations for upper management regarding current status of aircraft progress.