To pursue a challenging and increasingly responsible management position where I can continue to apply and develop my leadership skills in a management level position utilizing my expertise in the venue of commercial development and construction.
April 2009- June 2009 - Construction Confidential
Senior Project Manager
- Manage the complete construction operations from project buy-out to close-out process of assigned projects ensuring that budget, schedule, and quality are met or exceeded.
H2O Tower, Panama City, Panama
Project consisted of the completion of a 32-story residential tower with 152 units
totaling 215,000 SF with a total project cost of $15,000,000.
White Tower, Panama City, Panama
Construction of a 64-story residential tower with 196 units totaling 564,329 SF
with a total construction cost of $39,500,000
November 2008-April 2009 Confidential
Vice-President of Construction & Operations
Responsible for project development, client relations and construction operations for construction projects.
June 2004-November 2008 Confidential, Estero, FL
Senior Project Manager, Construction Operations
- Identify, pursue, and negotiate sales on assigned retail, commercial, and multi-use projects
- Manage the entitlements/due diligence, design, construction, and close-out aspects of assigned projects, ensuring that budget, schedule, quality, and customer satisfaction goals are met
- Prepare and manage schedule and budget for future projects being considered for development
- Direct team and develop working relationships with Project Managers, Assistant Project Managers, Project Interns, and Project Team as applicable for success of assigned projects
Ave Maria Town Center, Immokalee, Florida
Project consisted of six-three story mixed-use buildings with 70 condominium units totaling 220,000 sf and 80,000 sf of retail space.
Total project cost $50,000,000 completed 3rd quarter 2007
St. Ann Multipurpose Building, Naples, Florida
Project consisted of a 26,000 sf facility with a gymnasium, gathering space, full commercial kitchen, restrooms, production stage, and administration offices.
Total project cost $5,500,000 completed 4th quarter 2005.
Power Center @ NWC Alico Road and I-75, Ft. Myers, Florida
Project is a 35 acre neighborhood power center consisting of a 200,000 sf shell for six inline major national tenants and five out-parcel pads.
Total project budget $20,000,000 construction shell to commence 4th quarter 2008
Orchid Run, Naples, Florida
Project consisted of 100 residential town homes for a total of 280,000 sf.
Total project budget $36,0000,000 project was put on indefinite hold
June 2002-June 2004 J.L. Confidential, Ft. Myers, FL
Senior Project Manager/Safety Director
- As Senior Project Manager, responsible for estimating, negotiating, and management of construction projects ranging in budget from $500,000 - $2,000,000
- As Safety Director, responsible to establish and enforce safety rules and regulations for the company, to provide training to project staff, and conduct field supervisory inspections
US Home Communities, Clubhouse Amenities, SW Florida
Construct clubhouse amenities for various US Home Communities throughout SW Florida.
Construct various miscellaneous projects throughout SW Florida including neighborhood retail centers, medical office facilities, multi-family projects, and Exxon-Mobil gas retail stores.
February 2001-May 2002 Confidential, Atlanta, GA
- As superintendent and project engineer, responsible for daily on-site operations required for successful completion of assigned hospitality and multi-family construction projects including administration, scheduling subcontractors and crews, projecting workloads and completion dates, reporting to project management team in home office
The Retreat Clubhouse, Sea Island Company, Sea Island, Georgia
Project consisted of renovations and additions to the existing clubhouse and amenities.
Project cost $7,350,000 completed January 2002
The Ocean Room, Beach Club, Sea Island, Georgia
Project consisted of an 8,000 sf all-weather gathering facility.
Project cost $2,500,000 completed March 2001
Central Energy Plant, Sea Island, Georgia
Project consisted of an 1800 sf metal building facility to house communication and cooling system equipment to serve an expansion of a new resort hotel and for future expansion of the facility.
Project cost $1,000,000 completed May 2001
Ocean Houses at Sea Island, Sea Island, Georgia
Residential project consisting of two-three story cottages with a total of 58 units and clubhouse amenities including swimming pool.
Project cost $17,500,000 completed summer 2001.
March 1998-February 2001 Confidential, Brunswick, GA
Project Manager /Business Development Manager-SE United States
- As project manager responsible for daily operations required for successful completion of assigned educational construction projects including estimating, buy-out, contract administration, project schedule, project budget, and liaison with owner representatives
- As business development manager responsible for marketing strategies for Mitchell Construction and Wood-Hopkins Marine Contracting; established relationships for future projects with owners, developers, design professionals, contractors; involved in business decision making affecting region
Goodyear Elementary School, Brunswick, Georgia
Project consisted of a 90,000 sf elementary school facility.
Project cost $4,600,000 completed summer 1999
Long County Elementary School, Ludowici, Georgia
Project consisted of an 85,000 sf elementary school facility.
Project cost $5,365,000 completed July 2000
Gaffney High School, Gaffney, South Caroline
Project consisted of a 285,000 sf two story high school facility.
Project cost $23,550,000 completed August 2000
April 1992-March 1998 Confidential, Jacksonville, FL
Senior Project Manager
- Responsible for estimating and bid procedures, contract management and compliance, overall safety procedures, project budget and change order preparation, administration of construction contract with client, close-out procedures.
- Responsible for development of project management teams for projects under construction. Reported directly to company owners with semi-weekly meetings on project status and new business prospects.
- Directly responsible for all new business from bid invitation through final contract negotiation.
- Directed the daily operations of the project management staff including staff meetings, subcontractor contract administration, and weekly jobsite meetings with field personnel.
- Various projects for governmental jurisdictions, municipalities, and school entities including Federal Aviation Administration, US Navy, State of Florida Department of Juvenile Justice, State of Florida Board of Regents (University of North Florida and University of Florida), St. John's County, Duval County School Board, Putnam County School Board, Putnam County Housing Authority, City of Jacksonville, City of Neptune Beach, City of Fernandina Beach.
Project values $100,000-$3,500,000, 55 projects total
January 1990-April 1992 - Confidential, Jacksonville FL
- As estimator, responsible for identifying projects to bid, preparation of bid documents, proposals, negotiate with subcontractors to facilitate contract execution.
- As project manager, responsible for daily operational management of the commercial projects through final completion.
- Managed various projects for public entities including State of Florida Board of Regents (University of North Florida and University of Florida), Florida Community College at Jacksonville, Duval County School Board.
Project values $30,000-$375,000 15 projects total
February 1984-December 1989 - Confidential, Venezuela
- Assisting staff of engineers to ensure that construction codes, techniques and construction documents were being observed and followed.
M.E. Rinker Sr. School of Building Construction
Bachelor of Building Construction
Working knowledge of Prolog, SureTrak, Primavera, MS Office, Tririga, E1
- Member of the Construction Advisory Committed of Lee County School Board, 2004
- Vice-President of Villagio HOA, 2007
- Board Director of Collier Building Industry Association
- Trustee and Director to the Collier Building Industry Foundation
- Advisory Director to the Immokalee Foundation
- Read, Speak and Write Fluently in Spanish