IT Management Professional with over 12 years IT experience in project management, business analysis, and product management. Capable of successfully managing both large and small application development teams from project initiation through deployment. Results-driven leader who excels in team collaboration environments; working and communicating well with all levels of executives, customers, and team members.
Solid experience and proven skills in:
- Agile Development
- Project Management
- Scope Definition/Management
- Requirements Gathering
- Project Planning
- Deployment Management
- Functional Design
- Team Building
- Release Planning
- Business Analysis
- ITIL Foundations
- Software Testing
- Relationship Management
- Conflict Resolution
- Resource Allocation
Confidential– San Antonio, TX†
Confidential is a leading provider to financial and commercial institutions as well as individual consumers and small businesses. Confidential offers a suite of direct marketing services, delivery and anti-fraud products, contact center services and checks and check-related products to the financial institution market, including banks, credit unions, and securities firms.
IT Business Alignment Manager (2008 – Present)†
Align IT with executive leadership to direct and manage application development and deployments for 3 distinct business units within Confidential.
- Responsible for software applications (web, .NET, EDI, FTP, call center, etc.) accounting for $548 million of Confidential 2008 revenue.
- Awarded management over the highest revenue generating business unit after only 6 months on the job.
- Successfully sunset three applications by closing functionality gaps in the flagship product representing annual savings of over $100,000 in maintenance and support.
- Successfully managed 20+ small to large deployments/upgrades to IT systems and applications.
- As an IT Business Alignment Manager, responsibilities and accomplishments included:
- Managing full software development lifecycle from initiation at executive level through planning, estimation, design, development, testing, user acceptance testing, deployment, as well as follow up tracking of web analytics.
- Working simultaneously in both Agile and Waterfall development methodologies with separate development teams.
- Implementing the use of product backlogs and continual request prioritization sessions with executives to manage scope, schedules, and priorities.
- Negotiating resource assignment and prioritization across each application development discipline within IT.
- Managing issue escalation and risk mitigation within my application development organization.
- Creating product and project roadmaps detailing application development releases and significant process improvements for the coming year.
- Managing conflicting priorities and timelines between project resources assigned to competing projects not under my direction.
- Negotiating deliverables and project requirements across multiple stakeholders within the business and IT.
Confidential, a Confidential Title Company†– Houston, TX†
IT Project Manager/ScrumMaster (2007 – 2008)†
Lead and manage Agile projects comprised of cross-functional teams developing custom software solutions for Confidential Title. Responsible for managing the project plan, status, schedule, deliverables, issues, and risks for development projects and ensuring communication to all project team members, stakeholders, and executives.†
- Led an Agile team of 25+ resources in a rewrite of a word processing application allowing title company users the ability to generate and edit all documents needed in their office. Documents are created and managed at a national level and propagated out to sites nationwide.
- Successfully managed an 8 person Agile application development team for our existing title insurance product deployed to 20,000+ users.
- Successfully completed 2 separate, high profile bid-out releases with a fixed price/fixed release date in a 4 month period. The releases were met with high accolades.
- Engaged team in a one month “Crunch” session where the team set a goal of increasing productivity 50%. The actual productivity increase for the team was 116%!
- As a Project Manager, responsibilities and accomplishments included:
- Obtaining the Certified ScrumMaster certification.
- Managing resources across functions including developers, DBAs, business analysts, product specialists, trainers, technical writers (documentation), configuration analysts, and security analysts.
- Facilitating all project level meetings including kickoff, status, design, estimation, etc.
- Actively managing project plans and project timelines throughout the SDLC.
- Creating project strategy roadmaps, identifying technical risks and rewards, and managing customer expectations by working side-by-side with executive-level management.
- Leading multiple projects simultaneously across product lines, user bases, teams, and programming languages.
- Assigning and allocating project resources to assigned projects.
- Eliminating any roadblocks that could impede the project team’s success.
- Implementing new processes to provide the team the best opportunity to successfully meet project milestones and deadlines.
- Initiating and tracking all product deployments for assigned products.
- Managing remote resources as far away as India, Pakistan, and Romania.
Business Analysis Manager (2006 –2007)
Managed a team of business analysts responsible for documenting current and target business processes, gathering requirements, writing functional specifications and use cases, developing application user interfaces, and providing systems and acceptance testing of products. Acted as team leader responsible for tasks throughout all phases of the software development life cycle.
- Responsible for managing and driving the business analysis and testing function for existing product with 20,000+ user base. Also responsible for all integrations feeding in and out of this product.
- Managed Business Analysts working concurrently on 3 separate products. One an established product on the market for 15+ years, one a new technology product being developed as the next generation of the existing product, and one developed offshore to migrate users from the existing product to the new product.
- Helped drive Business Analysis team in shift from waterfall methodology to the Agile methodology implementing automated testing, paper prototyping, iterative design and testing, and team collaboration.
- As a manager, responsibilities and accomplishments included:
- Creating, reviewing, and managing evergreen requirements and specification documents throughout the life at not only the project level, but also the product level.
- Leading and guiding the work for all direct reports.
- Providing impact analysis for new user stories, enhancements, and defects.
- Creating and reviewing Requests for Proposals.
- Setting priorities, assigning resources to tasks and projects, and ensuring projects are completed on time.
Senior Business Analyst (2000 –2005)†
Business Analyst (1998 –2000)
Responsible for analyzing the business needs of Confidential business users and stakeholders to help identify business problems and propose solutions. Worked as a liaison between the business and the development team to translate user needs into functional specifications and tests.
- Led design team in a high-profile project delivered early and under budget. To date, this is the only project to do so in history of the Product Line (6 years). This was a new technology product driven by a Confidential Executive Vice President. The web-based product altered a decades-old business process with a newly refined, automated process that integrated 2 back-end systems and 1 front-end system. This project began as a waterfall project but Agile was adopted mid way through. We implemented paper prototyping, automated testing, and usability sessions.
- Was the first Business Analyst on the team to earn a promotion to Senior Business Analyst in less than two years after leading the development team through a successful design and testing phase for a new technology product.
- Experience in both enhancement and new technology systems include:
- Served as Team Lead on numerous application development projects. Ensured that the design team adhered to the project schedule and completed all tasks and deliverables on schedule. Other responsibilities included reviewing specification documents for accuracy, acting as a liaison between design team and team leads from other functional groups, and monitoring and reporting overall status of project to upper management.
- Recommended and implemented business process changes as well as new technologies.
- Met with end users to gather and document business and functional requirements, create use cases, design user interfaces, write test cases, and lead user group/team meetings.
- Participated in, and facilitated, weekly design reviews with Business Analysts on new feature UI and functional design, as well as manual and automated test cases.
- Conducted testing of business and technical features such as XML file imports/exports and Web Service calls.
Confidential– Houston, TX†
Product Manager/Consultant (1996 –1998)†
Acted as a management consultant responsible for managing the Business Profiling software product entitled “HSI-Win.” Managed scope, installations, requirements documentation, testing, trainings, and consulting sessions with executives in several Houston-based companies.
- Product Manager/Specialist for proprietary software product.
- Conducted certified training, on-site installation, and direct client support for proprietary software product.
- Developed and maintained corporate web site.
TECHNOLOGY AND SOFTWARE SKILLS
In depth knowledge of: Agile Methodology, Scrum, VersionOne (Agile management tool), ITIL Foundations, PMI Membership, MS Project, Test Driven Design, UI Design, XML, Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, Outlook, SharePoint.
Working knowledge of: Database design, XML Spy, FrontPage, HTML, SourceSafe, FitNesse, Track, Citrix.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING†
Mays Business School
Bachelor of Business Administration, Management†
Certified ScrumMaster, Agile Estimating and Planning (Mike Cohn), Software Project Management, JAD/Facilitative Methods, Microsoft Project, Meeting Masters, Facilitation Best Practices, Introduction to RUP, ITIL Foundations Certified, Database Fundamentals, Web Database Development, Hiring and Firing, Performance Feedback, Transition from Team Member to Team Manager, Who Moved My Cheese, Email with Impact.