Over 20 years of experience as Business/Systems Analyst, Project Manager, Technical Writer and Quality Assurance / UAT Analyst and Business Analysis Manager with experience in the Pharmaceutical, Insurance, Financial Services and Healthcare sectors. An excellent communicator and quick learner with a commitment to professionalism. Works well under pressure and has excellent requirements, management and organizational skills.
Methodologies: Best Practices, CMM, Software Development Life Cycle, AGILE, Waterfall, IIBA Best Practices
Operating Systems: MVS, TSO, DOS, OS/2, NT, UNIX
Desktop: Windows XP, Windows 2000, Client/Server, MS Access, MS Excel, MS Word, MS Project, MS Project Server, Windows SharePoint, Power Point, Remedy, Visio, DOORS, DB2, Oracle, HTML, XML, Lotus Notes, MS Outlook, Cognos Impromptu, SQA Team Test, SQA Robot, SQL, SQL Navigator, TOAD, PageMaker, Use Case Modeling, Trilogy Rules Engine and Data Collection, ClearQuest, SAS Balanced Scorecard, Adobe, Rational Tools
Project Manager, Business Analysis Manager
- Perform analysis for new and enhanced functionality for child behavioral health system for contracted systems administrator to manage care for child behavioral health services for the Confidential ’s Division of Families and Children
- Meet with contract administration, developers and NJ State Division of Families and children stakeholders to elicit business and technical requirements
- Work with end users, stakeholders and development team to define system functionality
- Attend daily project team meeting with Project Manager, business analysts, developers, DBAs, Service Desk and QA testers to review work in progress and upcoming work
- Create requirements document, current state/future state process diagrams and data flow diagrams for new functionality and enhancements
- Work with and mentor other Business Analysts giving them project direction; work with lead QA test analyst setting scope and priority
- Work with Confidential clients developing business requirements for proprietary TAI software systems that provide managed care for Florida, Tennessee, Maryland and Pennsylvania
- Create and maintain project plan for multi - phase project
- Work with strategic partner and client to negotiate release timeframes and new/updated functionality
QA Planner / Analyst
- Create test plans for multiple initiatives for the Administrative Office of the Courts under their current conversion from IDMS to Java
- Meet with Manager and Director to formulate test plan templates for standardization
- Analyze and update Business Requirements, Use Cases and Technical Specifications to create accurate detailed test scripts for both the QA and User Acceptance testers
- Analyze data and code tables for creation of data validation test scripts
- Create test plans and test scripts for multiple initiatives including high level planning and detail test scripts
- Enter test scripts and test information into Test Director for turnover to QA department
Project Manager/Business Analyst/UAT Coordinator
- Manage multiple projects for company acquisition of the retail portion of a large energy company. Management of each project entails creating project plan, assigning resources, preparing capital and expense budget and managing day to day progress.
- Evaluate currently Sarbanes-Oxley requirements for the project and add to current business requirements document; develop new SOX requirements with Internal Audit for projects where needed.
- Conduct daily/weekly status meetings for requirements gathering, issue resolution, problem escalation and UAT.
- Manage business analysts, technical staff and UAT testers for project deliverables
- Manage integration of Management Performance Reporting for Retail business out of Hyperion / Essbase into the Financial Planning & Analysis department using OutlookSoft (SAP product using Oracle database) for budget and forecasting measurements and metrics and analytics
- Manage Treasury Cash Management project for migration/integration of multiple treasury cash management tools
- Perform analysis of the treasury cash management process for treasury wires, SAP and JDE Accounts Payable wires and wire transmission services to banks (EDI format, data transfer services, etc.)
- Analyze the format and transmission of file and file formats for transmission and receipt to/from banks (bank statements)
- Manage migration of intranet sites, pages and content from the Vignette environment to SharePoint intranet
Environment: Intranet, Web, Oracle, SQL, JDE, SAP, Virtual Server
UAT Coordinator / Sr. Business Systems Analyst
- Perform analysis of Human Resources Staffing and Recruitment business process and procedures in order to develop User Acceptance Testing (UAT)Plan
- Develop UAT process to be used to implement UAT process for Corporate HR Staffing department including adherence to all Compliance and Equal Opportunity (EO) guidelines
- Create Process Guide, Material and UAT protocol and plans for business users
- Train Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and all business users on UAT process and procedures
- Develop project plans and timeline templates to be followed for testing and implementing third party software enhancements and new functionality
- Create Test Plan and Test Scripts for new and enhanced functionality for third party Staffing Recruitment, Applicant Tracking and Background Verification software
- Work with multiple third party vendors to coordinate update releases and documentation for User Acceptance Testing
- Conduct UAT kickoff meetings, daily status meetings, requirements gathering and business requirements walkthrough meetings
- Perform business analysis, requirements gathering and data mapping for new software applications as well as enhancements to existing systems (multiple third party web hosted applications)
- Create traceability matrix for requirements, quality assurance, regression and user acceptance testing
- Improved production defects by more than 85% by instituting UAT Plan and Process and by business users in correct and proper UAT process
- Created objectives and documentation for complex metrics reports and performed end user
- Was central point of contact and subject matter expert for data maintained by multiple third party vendors
- Train incoming Business Analysis / User Acceptance Testing Manager of all processes and procedures developed and implemented
Environment: Web Hosting, .Net, InfoPac, PeopleSoft, Cognos, XML
Sr. Business Systems Analyst / Project Manager
- Manage business, functional and technical requirements for pharmaceutical meeting planning software organization for pharmaceutical clients
- Work as liaison between client, operations, client services and technical lead for development scheduling, unit and integration test scheduling, UAT and release schedule
- Work with development team on problem resolution and verification of data feeds from client’s SAP / BW to AHM’s master data file. Assist with data modeling functions for web interface
- Perform database queries and maintain central database for web hosting for multiple clients
- Work at client site eliciting business and functional requirements via use cases and requirements definition sessions and business process analysis
- Prepare and maintain MS Project plan and conduct daily/weekly status meetings with client and all internal departments
- Create requirements and perform change management including planning and tracking of all enhancements and change requests
- Work with technical and development staff creating and maintaining data flow diagrams, data models and data mapping for company hosted systems for daily client data feeds
Environment: Web hosted application, .Net, Oracle database, SAP feeds, eRoom (Documentum), XML
- Review Phase II clinical trial adverse event reports to gather event information
- Review data and information submitted by physicians, clinics, hospitals, trail coordinators and adverse event data feeds for translation
- Disseminate clinical trial information and create Adverse Event narrative to be submitted to Clinical Research Organization for FDA submission
- Perform all entry, submission and follow-up of medical claims for private psychotherapy practice
- Input patient information, insurance data and treatment/diagnosis information (DSM) and procedure codes (CPT)
- Contact insurance companies for clarification of rejected claims for resubmission
- Troubleshoot electronic billing problems and issues with third party vendor; maintain software updates for billing and submission applications
Business Analyst / Project Manager
- Manage project plan and coordinate all involved partners (technical team, analysts, technical support, QA testers and third party vendor) for upcoming launch
- Develop requirements for system functionality to be incorporated into a new Benefit Risk web portal based on requirements from marketing
- Develop use cases during requirements gathering and document business and functional requirements
- Follow 21 CFR Part 11protocol and guidelines for publishing web content
- Present requirements solutions to Public Review Committee (PRC) consisting of business users, Medical & Regulatory Affairs and Legal representatives to obtain approval for publishing
- Edit web content and assist web content authors (Medical Affairs Associates) with updating existing content using web editor tool
- Conduct user meetings and weekly staff meetings to follow up existing issues and discuss new issues.
- Maintain updated MS Project plan including coordination with third party vendor and all internal key participants (Legal, Compliance, Drug Safety and Marketing)
- Maintain problem tracking database (Remedy) to log all reported issues; follow issues through to test and deployment
Environment: Web, Java, XML, .Net, SQL
Business Analyst / Technical Writer
- Work with subject matter experts in the use and purpose of the current email platform and architecture
- Document Technical Requirements Document (TRD) for migration of email system from web hosting vendor to in-house operation
- Work with third party systems integration for software, hardware and architecture requirements
- Document data flow diagrams and system modules
Business Analyst / Technical Writer
- Become subject matter expert in the use and purpose of an existing corporate finance tool for the Strategic Planning and Decision Analysis (SPNDA) for Research and Development
- Document user instructions for the installation and general usage of the system; create quick guides
- Document data flow diagrams, data models and all system modules
Environment: OPX2 (Planisware), OLAP
Project Management / Senior Business Analyst
- Analyze current state and work with multiple departments to develop new process (Future State)
- Develop business requirements for new process using requirements elicitation meetings, use case methods and process flow diagrams based on SOPs for LHCP remuneration
- Worked with SAP Technical lead to define current master data mapping and to define future state data repository
- Prepare project plan including resource allocation effort required to develop, test, train and roll implement new process and system
- 21 CFR Part 11 and adherence
Environment: SAP, Oracle, Excel, Financials, web, eRoom (Documentum)
Project Manager / Lead Analyst
- Manage developers, business analysts and end user documentation specialist on concurrent projects
- Manage project plans, budget, weekly status meetings and meetings with external departments (end user, QA Testing, computer center, architecture group and production)
- Create high level project documentation including Project Scope, Implementation, Deployment/Support, Project Initiation, Change Management and Test Methodology
- Track problem/help desk tickets for multiple projects, prepare issue logs and track problem through to resolution
- Perform business and systems analysis as needed across multiple projects and prepare Business Requirements, Technical Specifications and Release Notes
- Conduct weekly status meetings with teams; prepare and submit project status reports to senior management
- Create and review web site content and make changes according to user specifications and to improve user experience
Environment: Oracle, Java, jBoss, HTML, XML, RedHat, Web Portal, SQL Toad, .Net, Remedy
Project Management / Senior Business Systems Analyst / QA Analyst
- Work extensively with user community and cross functional teams to develop Business Requirements for R&D Capacity planning tool. User community consisted of Clinical Trial Operations, Medical and Regulatory Affairs Research & Development and Finance
- Work with Clinical Trial Operations and Medical/ Regulatory Affairs to map out NDA submission process and procedures. Work with R&D to map out workflow and process requirements for documentation, production and submissions.
- Develop system requirements, ‘As Is - To Be Process Documentation’, use cases, data flow diagrams
- Worked with third party vendor to develop system specifications for customizations to MS Project Enterprise tool (Project Server, Portfolio Analyzer, WebAccess)
- Developed user/ manuals, developed program and conducted sessions for MS Project and SharePoint Portfolio Analyzer (cube) dimensional data. was computer-based, formal classroom and one-on-one for pilot users.
- Follow 21CFR Part 11 methodologies for validated systems in a structured SDLC environment. Trained in Good Clinical Practices (GCP) for work with the Clinical Trials area and GMP for work in Manufacturing / R&D areas
- Developed finance specifications for budget, accrual and reconciliation tracking for Sarbanes Oxley and audit compliance
- Develop unit, integration and UAT test plans, scripts and traceability matrices
- Execute unit, integration and UAT testing and direct users during user acceptance testing
- System Administrator for MS Project Server and Windows SharePoint
- Write process documentation for re-engineering of business process including and presentation material
- Provide ‘run’ support for MS Project Server, MS Web Access, SharePoint and Portfolio Analyzer to user group, Finance, Operations Business Managers and various levels of stakeholders
- Conduct JAD sessions with users and third party vendor; document session outcomes and prepare and update business and functional requirements
- Manage change control, prepare release notes and coordinate release schedule
- Perform SQL queries using SQL Navigator on large volumes of data for finance and senior management for initiative tracking
- Perform analysis to validate data quality in Oracle and SAP financial databases
- Manage SharePoint web portal, create and upload content and provide support for web portal
- Query master data file for adverse event information on an as needed basis
Environment: Oracle, OLAP, MS Project Server, Windows SharePoint, MS WebAccess, SAP Financials, SQL Query, XML
Business Analyst / Technical Writer
- Perform systems analysis for enhancements to a global development staffing application under Oracle forms V.4.5 and V.6.i.
- Develop requirements via with user workshops for SAS Metrics and Measurements process and programs for Clinical Trial Operations
- Prepare Requirements Specification document for approval by Business and Sponsor
- Prepare High Level Architecture, High Level Design and Systems Quality Assurance (SQA) documentation
- Develop all flow diagrams, data modeling and architecture processes for Detailed Design document
- Defined data flows and data entities. Perform SQL queries using TOAD.
- Worked under regulated environment (21 CFR Part 11) storing all artifacts in Documentum under the Navigo process
- Prepare Business Objects Detailed Design documents and worked with Business Objects development on report design
Environment: Oracle, SQL, Oracle Forms
Business Analyst / QA Testing
- Perform systems analysis for changes / enhancements to existing Property and Casualty systems.
- Work with business sponsors in development of User and Business Requirements.
- Develop system and technical specifications based on requirements and existing technical framework.
- Create test plans from system specifications.
- Create UAT test scripts and scenarios and perform UAT testing
Environment: Mainframe, Web
Senior Systems Analyst
- Perform systems analysis for new member web portal (WebSphere, HTML) for employee benefits services.
- Write technical specifications and analyze and prepare Use Cases to develop web portal and mainframe system specifications and service calls (Mercator, Corba).
- Conduct technical walkthroughs with development to refine requirements, monitor scope and determine technical feasibility of new/enhanced features.
- Attend business walkthrough of Use Cases and high level wire frame documents for system features.
- Prepare test criteria, test plans and scenarios in preparation for quality assurance testing using Test Director.
Environment: Mainframe, WebSphere, HTML, Web Portals, XML, .Net
Analyst/Technical Writer/Project Manager
- Prepare technical documentation for release of new printer product.
- Analyze technical specifications and interpret specifications for user guide.
- Write technical specifications for process re-engineering effort.
- Develop BPWin diagrams and documentation for process re-engineering of major insurance benefits group.
Project Manager / Sr. Business Systems Analyst / QA Testing
- Prepare functional Business Requirements for new automated life insurance underwriting engine project (HTML, XML, MQSeries).
- Work with Subject Matter Experts (Underwriters) and Business Sponsor to refine requirements.
- Write System and Technical Specifications based on Functional Business Requirements.
- Lead team on coordination of development between in-house consultants, overseas consultants and third party vendor developers.
- Maintain project tracking and oversight and held daily/weekly status meetings.
- Work with Vice President on adherence to Project Plan and re-estimation where necessary.
- Prepare use cases, domain models and Visio diagrams for proposed systems.
Environment: Mainframe, Client-Server, WebSphere
Senior Business/Systems Analyst
- Manage Business Requirements perspective for new electronic submission of life insurance application.
- Define and prepare functional Business Requirements and System Specifications.
- Perform Gap Analysis and prepare documents reflecting current system versus new system.
- Validate System and Programming Specifications against Business Requirements.
- Work with Subject Matter Experts (Underwriters) and User Acceptance Group for Release Management.
- Managed team of QA/UAT testers in conjunction with developers ensuring adherence to project plan, prioritization of issues and scheduling.
Project Manager / Sr. Business Systems Analyst
- Coordinate release of five new products with Development, Business Sponsor and User Acceptance Group.
- Platform for products is DB2 database to mainframe with proprietary user front end.
- Conduct daily teleconference of all parties to resolve outstanding issues.
- Prepare and maintain Project Plan to ensure release schedule
- Participate in CMM Level 2 for entire department consisting of Software Quality Assurance, Software Configuration Management, Vendor Management, Requirements Management, Software Project Planning and Project Tracking and Oversight.
- Work with Release Management and Change Management for scheduled deployment and emergency releases.
- Requirements Manager for corporate online banking system for Global Trade Project.
- Trained on and used DOORS, an object oriented Requirements Management package, for requirements management.
- Manage process of developing all requirements working with Business Users and User Acceptance Test Team.
- Define and prepare functional Business Requirements working with users and counterparts from New York, London and Hong Kong
- Performed problem resolution and change management via Remedy help desk tool
Environment: Web Portal, Mainframe, Client/Server