- 40+ years of professional IT experience in various roles of increasing responsibility including 32 years of BCBSF management experience in large Portfolio, Program, Project Office, Project Management as well as numerous functional management roles with past 25 years at the Director level.
- Responsible for the IT subject matter experts on assessment and mitigation of compliance issues (federal and state legislation, Confidential, Y2K, National Provider Identification, BCBSFL National Association mandates)
- Performance management accountabilities of teams ranging from 7 to 60 with matrixed accountability for upwards of 500+ people with project budgets from $750K to $15M and annual program budgets of $10M to $40M.
- Effective at managing scope, customer satisfaction, meeting project/business goals, delivering projects on - time and per approved budget
- Strong track record of leading Confidential Association mandated claims systems projects for ITS, Blue Exchange and Blue Squared (2004 - 2007) for Confidential of Florida.
- Established and led Program Office for all Confidential related projects for Confidential of Florida for Claims, Membership, Privacy, Security, Provider readiness / certification and the transition to new EDI formats. Coordinated with Availity to develop data translation on with client providers and implementation rollout.
- Managed and provided overall corporate leadership to a very large multi-year project to mitigate the negative effects of the change in century (Year 2000).
- Established and led full service IT operations for six site HMO subsidiary, including full hardware, network and application support as well as customer service and training.
- Responsibilities for the management of the full portfolio of customer support and Systems Development activities for corporate enabling business functions of Financial, Actuarial, Underwriting, Payroll, and Personnel.
- Leadership to IT divisional administrative functions such as IT strategic planning, divisional budgeting, operational planning, reporting, communications, technical training, and human resource development.
- Developed collaboration relationships with IT contract service companies, offshore outsourcing companies and numerous specialty consultants.
- Strong track record of building effective, collaborative relationships with internal audiences to include legal, finance, audit, actuarial, underwriting, finance and HR as well as external contacts such as external legal counsel, federal and state regulatory agencies, BCBS Association, clearing houses, providers, agents, consultants and vendors.
- Excellent PC skills with working knowledge and use of Microsoft Office products, Microsoft Project and other windows-based applications.
- Working knowledge of PMBOK, SDLC, and RUP systems development processes.
- Process re-engineering and Six Sigma yellow belt training
Director; Portfolio Director
- Provide the leadership and oversight to the “Managing Service” portfolio for BCBSF.
- This Portfolio includes all of the applications that are aligned to the Claims and Enrollment functions.
- These applications provide daily service to all non-Medicare customers and over 60 million claims a year.
- This also includes the maintenance of Confidential inter-plan business (Blue Squared, Blue Exchange and ITS).
- Includes direct reports of 30 employees and managing $30- $40M in annual project funding with individual projects ranging from $2m to $15m.
Director; Program Manager
- Provide the leadership and oversight of BCBSF’s development Program which deals primarily with regulatory and Association mandated initiatives for Blue Squared, Blue Exchange and ITS, providing input to the BlueCard Executive and CIO on national IT Strategy issues.
- The program provides day to day financial oversight, tracking, monitoring and reporting for Strategic initiatives. The program requires coordination and collaboration with multiple public and governmental agencies to ensure understanding and provide influence to the formation of Health Regulations and policy.
- The unit serves a primary Corporate subject matter experts on many federal and state regulations, facilitating assessment of the regulation, gap analysis and requirements definition for compliance issues.
- Coordinated with National BCBS Association to ensure appropriate alignment of BCBSF initiatives to the national IT strategy. Projects are completed via resources matrixed from various project management centers of excellence and the developmental factories.
- Administered full administrative accountabilities to 7 employees with matrix accountabilities to assigned resources. Typical annual project budget $12 - $16M.
Director; Confidential Program Office
- Established and provided leadership to the development and implementation of the prototype program level project office. The Confidential Program Office was responsible for the development of processes, standards, organizations and governance structures for the overall management of the Confidential project.
- Confidential was a large complex multi-year project involving over 100 concurrent projects coordinated across the application factories with up to 500 people involved. The Program Office was responsible for project integration, deployment coordination for internal factories and external senders, scheduling, tracking, reporting, issue management, records retention, communications and change management.
- The standards, templates and process flows established by the program office were used a starting point to jump start the establishment of the Enterprise Project Management group.
Director; Program Manager
- Established and provided overall corporate leadership to a very large multi-year project to mitigate the negative effects of the change in century. The project required the review and potential modification of all programs (over 12 million lines of legacy code), computers, hardware, firmware, databases and user written routines for potential date related issues.
- The project required extensive collaboration and coordination with internal and external business partners as well as innovative contracting with IT resource vendors (both state-side and international) Designed and established the project office to provide centralized communications, issue management, change control and tracking for the all of the components.
- Direct reports included over 60 people at various points throughout the project with contract resources exceeding 120.