- Highly motivated, results - oriented Global Engineering Manager with 20+ years of successful experience in the telecommunications and automotive industries leading and directing multiple simultaneous projects.
- Outstanding project and Program management along with well-developed communications, facilitation, interpersonal, and relationship management skills.
- Strong proven managerial leadership and organizational skills, and recognized for thriving in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment.
- Superior problem solving abilities, team building, flexible management style and dealing effectively with people.
- Strong ability to lead the others. Successful manager with a reputation for improving the quality of software development & QA process, cost reduction, risk management, and KPIs resulting in enhanced business operations and financial success.
- Experienced in embedded software testing/development and different types of SDLC models.
- Proven abilities motivating multiple, geographically- and culturally-diverse project teams on-shore & offshore, toward accomplish tasks in a timely and efficient manner on a tight timeline with limited resources.
- Strong working knowledge of full life-cycle product development from concept through development, test, production release and field support.
- Extensive knowledge of continuous process improvement by leveraging quality improvement methodologies.
- Experienced in Developing Quality Assurance best practices and procedures to be used by the entire global team.
Confidential, Livonia, MI
Global SW Quality and Validation Manager
- Established the department from ground up, hired, trained and motivated each team member.
- Effectively Managed a global team responsible for the analysis system requirements, writing test plan, test cases, test automation, test execution, white box testing, tools development and Software quality assurance.
- Managed and led testing issues and risks, as well as overseeing the defect management process.
- Managed resource constraints; performed weekly allocation of project resources, schedule, and budget.
- Effectively established & monitor quality KPIs to support management and continuous process improvement.
- Responsible and hands-on leadership of quality processes in support of ASPICE Level 2&3 certification.
- Successfully Managed Quality process audits to ensure compliance with Company processes.
- Increased team size from 8 to 35 through a combination of on-shore & off-shore recruitment.
- Introduced and expanded the use of test management and test execution tools to improve efficiency, reliability, and repeatability and reduce the test time by 30% for more than 200 major software releases per year.
- Reduced labor cost by over 50% by initiating and planning outsourcing of test, SQA and tools development resources.
- Successfully interfaced with operations, sites managers, and vendors to prepare markets for E911 deployment.
- Effectively Managed resources and schedule to validate E911 compliance for GSM network based solution in Nortel, Nokia and Ericsson markets.
- Designed and implemented lesson plans for the following classes: Creation and Management of Small Business, Principles of Management, Introduction to Business, Human Resource Management.
- Affectively Managed and Led test plans, test cases development and reviews and test execution.
- Successfully Managed and led software/hardware defects using a defect tracking system.
- Managed resource planning and projects schedule, prepared budgets and work scopes.
- Provided technical consulting to marketing, sales and program teams to ensure customer satisfaction.
Supervisor, Technical Support Engineering
- Managed special projects and procedures were developed, tested, and implemented per documented process.
- Successfully Managed and led process changes to improve customer support and coordinated activities with marketing teams for customer demos and installations.
- Proven ability to Manage and lead advanced troubleshooting for more complex technical support issues.
- Acted as Technical Services and Customer Service management representative on Project Teams.