- Peter works as a catalyst for Agile Transformations across the Enterprise. He does this using his expertise in proven Agile frameworks including SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework), Scrum, Kanban, and XP. He gets results using coaching and change management skills practiced.
- As a trusted adviser, leader, facilitator, seasoned manager and engineer Peter helps organizations unlock the value of knowledge workers while increasing alignment with corporate goals and mission.
- SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework)
- Agile Estimation eXstream Programming
- Story Splitting Patterns
- Unit Testing
- Static Code Testing/Quality
- Product Owner Roles
- Story Mapping
- Release Planning
- Version One
- Portfolio Management
- Scrum Master Role
- Blog Contributor
- Agile Assessment
- Workshop Development
- Facilitation Skills
- Lean Process Flow
- Value Stream Mapping
- Agile Measurements
Confidential, Wakefield, MA
Enterprise Agile Coach
- Facilitate the transition of a 150+ person program focused on Digital Experience.
- Delivered at Team, Program, and Portfolio level
- Contributed to custom scaled agile framework that relied on many proven scaled patterns from SAFe, Enterprise Agility, and LeSS
- Assessed current team/program maturity and facilitated building consensus on an improvement backlog to increase agility.
- Developed and delivered program wide team kick - start and tune-up process and content.
- Coached and facilitated in Release Planning, Sprint Planning, Story Writing/Splitting, CI Operations and Process Development, Portfolio Management, and Agile Metrics
- Worked with teams and program to overcome non-colocation challenges.
- Advised on tooling to support the agile lifecycle
- Authored internal blog articles.
Confidential, Quincy, MA
- Facilitated the transition of 12 teams from traditional SDLC to Agile/Scrum.
- Developed, customized, and delivered workshops as needed to help team understand topics in Agile/Scrum, Kanban, XP including CI, TDD, Paired Programming, Unit Testing, and Static Code testing using Sonar.
- Mentored and provided facilitated self discovery for team to increase awareness of Agile roles, rituals, values, principles, measurements, and techniques
- Deliver one on one coaching with Scrum Masters and Product Owners as well as team workshops aimed as simulating experiences.
- Assist in identifying, tracking, and overcoming impediments.
- Assist in the use of Rational Team Concert tool
- Assist in forming tight trusted bonds between scrum master and product owner.
- Contribute Agile blog articles to company collaboration site.
- Act as an advisor to Agile Program office on issues related to scaling Agile to enterprise.
- Key role in forming Agile Coaching community.
- Active participant in Agile Coach bi-weekly forum with the Senior VP of Application Development
- Presented at company wide forum on Agile topics including TDD, Unit Testing, The Spotify Engineering Culture, and others.
- Assist in facilitating Scrum of Scrums and Agile Round Table.
- Worked with management on hiring practices aimed at recruiting for Agile qualities, skills, and behaviors.
Director of Applications/Agile Coach
- Confidential a privately held world-class firearms company with unparalleled quality, design expertise, and extensive manufacturing capacity.
- Designed and Built an IT Application team of 20 with responsibilities including Software Development, Application Support, and Project Management.
- Trained and Organized staff into 3 Agile teams. Implemented Scrum Framework for the Development Team, Kanban Framework for Systems Engineering group and Kanban for Application Support team.
- Partner and Collaborate with Executive and Senior management to ensure alignment of IT capacity with company goals.
Software Engineering Program Manager-Agile Coach
- Confidential is a start-up software company that builds a (Java/LAMP) Saas portfolio and trading platform for Wealth Management. This is used by large financial companies like Fidelity.
- I improved the software development process by introducing many Agile concepts. In addition to product roadmap/story mapping, Agile manifesto/Principles, Estimation, Story Splitting, facilitating selection, and roll out of various tools and process to develop and extend the system.
- I implemented an ALM (Jira/Greenhopper) integrated to Salesforce. This was done to allow resource management visibility of demand management.
- This engagement included definition and support of Portfolio Management, SDLC process definition as well as Agile transformation coaching.