- Assertive, results - oriented Information Technology professional with experience managing all phases of software development for concurrent projects with a strong record of achieving or surpassing corporate objectives.
- Successfully built and restructured Information Services organizations in Distribution, Retail, Health Care Services, and Manufacturing businesses.
- Admired and respected for being flexible yet firm and calm under pressure.
- Able to build lasting relationships with vendors, peers, and customers.
- Responsible for developing project plans, managing project resource allocation (180 + associates), tracking project goals, communicating program goals, and managing budget,
- Successfully led legacy changes to support SAP ERP application. The work included roughly 800 applications using 25 different programming languages.
- Created for legacy systems: Rollback plan - 518 tasks; Pre-cutover, closeout, and startup plan - 486 tasks, Decommissioned plan - 227 tasks, and Deployment plans.
- Guided an emerge candidate (entry level PM) through the project management process. He is successfully led one of the development teams.
- Deployed Pedigree / Serialization RFID/2D Barcoding solution for Sacramento DC,
- Readied 100+ systems to support new Oncology business,
- Conducted an SAP Assessment for Specialty Distribution whose results were used as input for the Pharma SAP assessment,
- Collaborated with the Specialty Distribution business and led daily meetings to identify and resolve issues that were causing us to lose or not win new customers,
- Interim Manager, IT Program/Project Management team - In addition to PM duties, directed, supervised, supported and coordinated a team of Project Managers,
- Led the requirements gathering for the Warehouse Request for Proposal and Selection as part of the Pharm business modernization preparation. This included RFP creation, vendor demos, and final selection of the warehouse management software that would replace the current Pharma distribution center systems.
- Developed goals and plans for the architectural team to ensure their success and help them focus on their goals.
Consultant - Project Manager / Business Analyst
- For a Health Care organization, designed a Disease Management system that combined predictive modeling, education, monitoring and lifestyle coaching to manage members most likely to incur the greatest health care costs with goals to reduce or prevent additional health care costs.
- System designed to work with the current Case Management and Utilization Management systems.
- Responsible for overall direction of the systems design and development function for this nationwide, managed care and health care cost containment company that coordinates care for workers' compensation, auto-no-fault and personal injury protection cases.
- Instrumental in selecting, planning, and installing the Intrepid Retail Systems to support all retail divisions and introduce Purchase Order management and SKU (stock keeping unit) tracking for the company resulting in improving inventory turns and saving over $5 million annually.
- Installed front-end processing for a new warehousing / distribution systems into the Odd Lots division, that automated the receiving, put-away, and locator functions.
- Selected and oversaw the installation by an outsourcing firm, the PeopleSoft Payroll and Human Resources package to replace our in-house system. Allowed us to pay up to 55,000 employees and manage the benefits for the company.
- Created due diligence questionnaire as part of advanced team reviewing potential acquisitions.
- Installed a Data Warehouse system utilizing TeraData and MicroStrategy technologies.
- Selected and installed Lawson Materials Management system to manage our Wholesale division.
- Responsible for maintaining and enhancing all corporate systems on the AS/400 platform including: Merchandising, Financial, and Distribution systems.
- Developed new job descriptions and career paths.
- Oversaw the development of departmental standards and methodologies.
- Collaborated with Confidential and Confidential accounting firms to ready the company Sarbanes-Oxley compliant.
- Other projects successfully implemented included Distribution Center receiving and shipping (DALLAS / EXE software), UPC, EDI, developing new systems for Merchandise Allocation and Planning groups, rebuilt Site Track system for the real estate group, reclassified all products under new hierarchies, opened new Distribution centers in Oklahoma and California, and developed a Project Management training program to certify all project managers.