- 13.5 years of IT experience in analysis, data modeling, testing, development, documentation and implementation of Cognos applications and development of Data Warehouses/Data Marts using Informatica.
- Hands on experience on Cognos, Oracle Discoverer, OBIEE, Business Objects, Tableau, Tibco SpotFire. concept to design implementation of visualization projects using Tableau, Tibco SpotFire & Cognos Rave engine.
- Implementation of tactical and strategic dashboards serving internal and external user groups using Cognos workspace, Active reports, Rave engine & Cognos Portals.
- Implementation of security at Database, Cognos Server, Cognos portal, Meta data model & Report level.
- : Design of customized tables for reporting solutions. Implementation of security at data level, Experience in Dimensional data modeling using Kimball’s Star schema and Snow Flake schema methodologies.
Data Warehousing: Informatica8.5.1/8.X, Data Mart, OLAP, OLTP, SQL*Plus, Toad, Cognos 7.3,8.2,8.3,8.4,10.1,10.2,10.2.1,10.2.2, OBIEE 10g and Qlik view. Oracle Discoverer 10g
Data Modeling: Star - schema Modeling, Snowflake Modelling, Fact and Dimension Tables
Databases: Oracle 10g/9i/8.0/7.x, MS SQL Server 2000,2005,2008,2012, DB2, MySQL, MS Access 7.0, Teradata 12,13.1
ERP: SAP, Baan, JD Edwards, Custom ERP systems.
Programming Languages: C, SQL, PL/SQL, Java script
Web Technologies: HTML, CSS, Java Script
Operating Systems: UNIX, Windows NT/98/2000, XP, Window 7, Windows Server 2012 R2
Sr. BI Technical Consultant
Confidential, Raleigh, NC
- Did Gap analysis with the help of Arcplan developers, Data architects & Business BPO’s.
- Categorization and development efforts estimation.
- Setting up the security groups in Cognos and Cognos specific views in Oracle.
- Meta data model building supporting Adhoc and canned reporting.
- Development of Canned reports in both relational and MDX.
- Day to day Cognos related Administrative activities.
Environment: IBM Cognos 10.2.2, 11.07, Tableau 10.2, 10.3. Oracle 12 C, Super cluster, Data stage 11.2, SharePoint, SQL Server 2014, Windows server 2012 R2. JD Edwards.
Sr. Cognos consultant/BI Lead
Confidential, Seattle, WA
- Creating strategies that use business intelligence and data platforms.
- Requirement analysis and defining the technical scope.
- Resolves conflicts between models, ensuring that data models are consistent with the ecosystem model (e.g., entity names, relationships and definitions).
- Story boarding on tableau desktop and on power point for steering committee approval.
- Served as BI administrator to implement report promotion procedures that developers follow to design, test and promote reports to production.
- Worked with developers to make sure that all data solutions are consistent.
- Identified issues, provide root-cause analysis and take required proactive actions to prevent them.
- Served as BI expert for performance tuning of the reporting servers, metadata models and reports.
- Implementation of DMR model to support PACE analytical report and dash boarding services.
- Provides technical assistance to junior team members.
- Write test scripts and validate the technical deliverables from the development team in UAT.
- Lead resolution of production support problems in accordance with incident management and service level agreements.
Environment: IBM Cognos 10.2.2, Framework manager, Report Studio, Cognos Workspace advanced, Active Reports, Teradata 14.10, IBM DB2 9.1, tableau 9.2,9.3, Motio, and Meta manager 10, MS SharePoint, Windows 7.
Confidential, Los Angeles, CA
- Identifying areas of deficiencies, reviewing IT requirements/design/development of Cognos solutions, solution architecture development, proof of concept/prototype design, infrastructure requirements development, database design, architecture and administration,
- Application development, testing and analyzing user interfaces, cubes and various reports.
- Performance tuning at database and reporting level.
Environment: IBM Cognos Express, Framework manager, Report Studio, Cognos Workspace advanced, Active Reports, SQL Server 2008 MS SharePoint, Windows 7.
- POC design of Security system in Cognos, which handles the entire external customer’s user access the sensitive data content.
- Designed the common model for both internal and external customers supporting 40 custom reports and Standard reports.
- Responsible for gathering reporting requirements from Business users.
- Strategy & Planning, Results Accountability Complete ownership of end to end of single application related to Claims
- Responsible for design and maintenance of FM model for Data Analyzer and ICR Project Model.
- Lead role in Customizing of Security model for ICR in Cognos in compliance with HIPAA rules.
- Responsible for security design and implementation (CAP security) for both external and internal customers.
- Responsible for Standardizing the metadata model and Report designs.
- Hands on experience on Performance Tuning of existing reports for Claim and Leave reports.
- Hands on experience on the report query design and query optimization to meet the SLA.
- Played a key role in refactoring the existing reports and Framework model for performance and query optimization.
- Design of UI reports supporting the UI frontend interface and assisting the UI developers in integration of the Standard and custom reports with front end UI.
- Provided User Training and Documentation of the Framework design and custom reports.
- Involved in Designing the Unit test scripts for the Custom and Standard Reports.
- Involved in Trouble shooting at Report Level, Model level and Data level.
- Designs and coordinates a curriculum for coaching and training customers in the use of business intelligence tools to enhance business decision-making capability.
- User training in Workspace and workspace advanced tool for adhoc reports.
Environment: IBM Cognos 10.2, 10.2.1, Framework manager, Report Studio, Cognos Workspace advanced, Active Reports, Teradata 14.10, IBM DB2 9.1, Motio, and Meta manager 10, SAP R/3, MS SharePoint, and Windows 7.
BI Technical SME
- Enhancements of the existing FM model to meet the new requirements and also to meet the Performance related issues.
- Refactoring of existing standard reports to meet the industry SLA.
- Design and development of Key Performance Metric Report (KPM), Student, parent, and Staff Climate survey reports all the Elementary, Middle & high school.
- Consolidation of all the drill through reports for all School and District reports into one single report.
- Optimization and enhancements of OPSTAT Lir. Reports.
- Provide end user training and documentation for School and District reports analysis.
Environment: Cognos 10.2, 10.1.1, Transformer 10.2, SQL Server 2008, Control M v8, MS SSIS, MS office 2010. Window server 2008