Certified Project Management Professional (PMP) with 15+ years of experience within technology managing complex enterprise projects. My technical experience ranges from application operations to designing infrastructure solutions. With a 10 - year focus on delivering distributed infrastructure solutions, automating processes, driving total cost of ownership initiatives, and improving time to market for my business partners.
Project Management: MS Project, HP Project and Portfolio Management, JIRA
Technical Tools: AWS, PHP, SQL Server, Windows Server, Linux, Tableau
PROFESSIONAL EX PERIENCE:
Confidential, Westlake, TX
Technical Project Manager - Technical Architect
- Led solutions design meetings to determine requirements for compute resources, storage type, database, middleware, and all other information needed to deliver complete working environment.
- Managed multiple projects that migrated applications from physical servers to virtualized servers.
- Architected and built custom VPC with high availability and scalability and managed the setup of Cloud Formations for rapid deployment
- Data Center Strategy Program (infrastructure and application) which has resulted in the closing of over 30 LAN Rooms
- Managed cloud based projects on agile and scrum for large high profile clients providing custom sites for retirement applications allowing them to access through company intranet.
- Managed RISC to x86 Linux Enterprise Migration project which resulted in $4 million savings
- Product owner for the self-service portal which captured compute requirements and streamlined deployment of resources for consistent delivery
- Gathered business requirements and worked with our vendor to get quotes and then presented business case to senior management to get funding approved
- Managed the deployment and setup of new resources with various technical groups
- Implemented Virtual Data Center which was utilized by applications required enhanced security
Confidential, Marlborough, MA
Infrastructure Project Manager
- Created and implemented new server decommission process leading to a 50% increase of monthly server retirements
- Northeast Data Center Power Reduction program - managed application migrations for over 1000 servers
- Managed hardware acquisition team that was responsible for all servers and parts inventory and provided enterprise reporting using HP Asset Manager for 4 data centers and 60+ server rooms.
Confidential, Marlborough, MA
Senior Systems Engineer
- Managed iPlanet Web Server upgrade migrations from physical servers to virtual servers eliminating all physical servers.
- Successfully delivered SiteScope monitoring solution which led to a 42% decrease in problem tickets
- Architected F5 3DNS/BIG-IP load balancing solutions eliminating most SPOFs (single point of failure)
- Defined high availability solutions for mission critical applications
Confidential, Boston, MA
Lead Systems Engineer
- Managed the team that supported the domestic and international websites
- Managed the migration of websites between hosting companies resulting in a 35% cost savings
- Implemented testing and quality policies to improve site availability and performance reducing site outages by ver 90%
- Managed and mentored support team and documented troubleshooting processes for supporting our applications which significantly reduced the time needed to resolve issues
- Wrote procedural documentation for integration, acceptance, and performance test environments