- A distinguished senior-level Project manager with 16 years of experience in Project management, project development/ reengineering.
- Expertise in managing projects in US Banking, Sales and marketing, investment tracking, Order Entry, Data warehousing, Health care, Telecom, Insurance and image processing industry domains.
- Led Business development and solution approach for Sales force CRM area.
- Posses a solid understanding of Waterfall (SDLC), Iterative system development methodologies, Agile and RUP.
- Proven ability to drive projects from inception to completion.
- Strong analytic, leadership, team building, presentation and communication skills.
- Track record for meeting timelines and exceeding expectations.
- Proven multitasking capabilities with strong ability to plan, prioritize, and manage complex projects under aggressive deadlines.
- Conversant with onsite - offshore software development and delivery model.
Technical ExperienceProject management
Oracle, Sybase, Windows, Unix, Linux
C,C++, VC++, Java, Visual Basic, Power builder, HTML
Cognos, Toad, Versata, Salesforce tools,Visio,DreamviewerEducation B.E, Computer Engineering, Bombay University
Client: Confidential, Mahwah, NJ Senior Project Manager Apr 2009 - Present
- Participated in due-diligence phase for new business development in logistics and shipping domain with business users.
- Involved in resource allocation and planning of applications transition and knowledge transfer from UPS to TCS.
- Coordinated the Knowledge Transfer for various applications in various business areas.
Client: Confidential, Warren, NJ Senior Project/ Business Development Manager Jan 2008 - Apr 2009
- Created and implemented new Business model for fully managed service model for cost reduction.
- Supervised 40 people and led project execution in fixed price, staff augmentation and fully managed services across multiple technical areas (Java, Filenet, Asp .net, C C++ Unix, Oracle).
- Prepared weekly and monthly status and metrics for quality assurance and conducted meetings with senior management focusing on risk management and value additions.
- Involved in strategic & business planning, getting new opportunities and proposal writing for Citibank Usa and CGSL call center applications.
- Banking Applications such as commercial and non commercial account opening, linking accounts, check processing, document management systems for storing and retrieving banking documents.
- Responsible for the delivery of projects within scope, on time and under budget
- Track project progress, manage schedule
- Use ChangeManagement appropriately to control scope and timeline
- Quality Assurance and Control - Reviews, Preventions, Process Improvements
- Resolve disputes and facilitate discussions as required
- Ensure organizational and client policies and procedures are followed by the team
- Coordinated efforts between business, development and quality assurance groups
- Responsible for maintaining Risk logs, Issue Logs and Action Lists
Client: Confidential, San Jose, CA Business Analyst Sep 2006 - Dec 2007
Certificate of Best Performance in Project Management Director Info Systems Cisco
- The PDB-SFDC integration project is tasked with coupling PDB and SFDC systems. As such, PDB is the System of Record (SoR) for Partner information which must be the source for creation of a SFDC Channel Account (aka Partner Account) and its subsequent association with SFDC Opportunities. To prevent proliferation of poor quality of data within Cisco business processes, only upon sourcing from its SoR must the Partner information be permitted to propagate from SFDC to downstream processes (systems) such as Account Management (Account Framework), Forecasting (OMF) and Deals Management (DSA).
- Sourcing Partner information from its SoR is a prerequisite to realize the benefits of the SFDC Partner and Lead Collaboration initiative. A high quality Partner attributes in SFDC are mandatory to support:
- Entitlement and Crediting
- Routing of leads and approvals
- Visibility rules
- Interacted with cross-functional and multidisciplinary team across geographies for identification of system requirements. Developed prototype in Salesforce.
- Point of contact for development and QA team for business and SFDC clarifications.
- Took part in the preparation of Project planning, user acceptance testing.
- Prepared System requirements document, integration test plans and preparing user-training materials
- Followed the Cisco processes for creating business cases, statement of work and scope documents.
Client: Confidential,San Francisco, CA Business Development Manager Sep 2005 - Sep 2006
- Point of contact for all Salesforce projects of TCS for business expansion, technical challenge resolution.
- Involved in the Initiation, Planning, Execution, Control and Implementation
Client: Confidential, London, UK Project Lead for Data Hub project Aug 2004 - Sep 2006
- Led CRM implementation of Salesfore.com for Cisco for Americas, Apac, EU geographies.
- Led for enhancement of Vantive and ORION application and development of demographic reports
Client: Confidential, Jersey City, NJ Project Lead for Product Master Environment Nov 2003 - Jul 2004Certificate Outstanding performance for leading project
VP Merrill Lynch
- The PME processes financial information sent from several vendors such as D & B, Harte Hanks etc. It publishes this information to various business groups within Merrill Lynch. Both the vendors and the business groups continually update this information. PME manages these updates to ensure updated information has been propagated throughout the system in a timely manner. Technical details using XML, JAVA, Oracle, Sybase.
- Establish common understanding for Business/Customer Requirements and refine if required.
- Lead/participate creation of Functional Specification, System, Detailed and UI Design Doc.
- Lead/participate Logical and Physical Database Design, Focus on reusability and Impact Analysis.
- Lead/Coordinate/participate in Quality Assurance and Control - Reviews, Preventions, Process Improvements.
- Code Automated testing programs for testing of PME messages.
- Lead/guide Code Reviews, Unit/System/Acceptance Testing activities Coordinate/create/facilitate Client Communication, Respond to Customer Expectation Task allocation,
- Scheduling, day to day Project Status Monitoring Technical and functional assistance to team members
Client: Confidential, USA Functional Lead/Account Manager Jun 2001 - Nov 2003
Certificate of Outstanding performance in contribution for successful execution
- Supervised 40 people and led project reengineering from existing application with new business requirements.
- Wrote and executed test plans and strategies for Contract Management system.
- Experienced in Functional, Black Box, White Box, System, Integration, Regression, User Acceptance, Load/Stress, Database and Performance Testing and Mercury Quality Center
- Proficient in Backend testing, validating database integrity, verify/modify user data by executing SQL queries on Oracle and SQL servers.
Client: Confidential, USA Technical Architect (Taxation and Revenue Accounting) Jun 2000 - Jun 2001
- Taxation: The project involves reengineering from existing client server application to web based architecture. It is a taxation product, which is for tax calculations and requirements for different Tax types in USA states. The product has information on Tax payers and Tax accounting and revenue accounting for various states. This product architecture and design is generic so that the product can be customized for different states without major changes in the code. Technology areas Versata, java, Oracle
Client: Confidential, Sydney Technical Architect Jul 1998 - Dec 1998
- Functional Area: Insurance. This was requirements and review of data warehousing Insurance project, Insurance reporting system, and laptop client server system used by Insurance agents. The agents in AMP have a laptop application to offer various insurance products to customers. This system maintains policy and customer information. Various offers are made to customers regarding premiums and policies. Frequent customers are given discounts on premiums. On festive seasons and region wise premium calculations vary. There is a data warehousing application, which allows management to view which policies are beneficial to which market segment and which area of customers, revenue calculations. The policy accounting system is a backend application caters to premium calculations on basis of offers made to customers. System has both life and non-life products.
Client: Confidential, Business Analyst Apr 1998 - Jun 1998
- Functional Area: Insurance. As a part of this group there was product evaluation done for insurance client and requirements gathering for office automation of insurance company. Requirements for various areas as general ledger, management information system, Customer management were collected. The existing HDFC systems were studied to find out gaps with standard life requirements. Cognos was evaluated as suitable product for MIS module.
Client: Confidential, Louisville Project lead Dec 1995 - Mar 1998Client: Confidential, USA Module lead May 1995 - Nov 1995
Client: Confidential, Apr 1994 - Apr 1995
in product development of civil engineering applications with Ensoft consultants Dec 1992 - Dec 1993