- Talented and accomplished IT Mainframe Professional with consistent record of success in multiple phases of IT - production and test environment support, QA Support, End-user Support, application development and implementation, technical support programs and projects, Service Delivery, process improvement, release management, leading and building onsite and offshore support teams, and automation.
- Adept at leading, influencing peers and managers across multiple business units and organizations, in order to build a consensus, gain buy-in, and to deliver on business and technical objectives.
- IBM Mainframes
- JCL (Job Control Language)
- IBM Utilities
- File Aid
- Connect Direct
- ETL data extraction/masking/sculpting
- HP ALM (Application Lifestyle Management)
- SDLC management
- MS Office
- Created project plans, weekly status reports, and other documentation for the masking of EDI and flat files.
- Managed development/operations relationship between Blue Cross management and SMEs. Facilitated all development meetings, status calls, reviews.
- Training on Informatica PowerCenter and TDM tools, to help with the design and development, as well as becoming “hands-on” when needed
Application Support Specialist
- Created all mainframe batch JCL, Procs, Control Cards, File Transfer processes.
- Created all mainframe batch schedules.
- Created and managed L1 and L2 support process via help desk/ticketing software tools.
- Created policies, procedures, knowledge transfer/training plans, SLA’s for internal and external groups and senior management.
- Managed relationships between support, development, and QA teams. Facilitated triage meetings.
Vendor Manager - Mainframe
- Created policies, procedures, knowledge transfer/training plans, onboarding processes, services level agreements, statements of work, budget for managed captive offshore support.
- Managed relationship between onsite/full time management, senior management and the managed captive offshore vendor. Facilitated meetings, evaluations, merit reviews.
- Reduced budget by 20%, while doubling number of resources using managed captive model, compared to traditional outsourcing.
- Modernized batch jobs (JCL) and scheduling process.
- Working with the business to create standard SLA’s, metrics and scorecard programs to effectively measure and manage vendor performance in order to reduce costs and drive value across the enterprise. This includes the research, collection, tracking and reporting of performance metrics related to vendor service levels, maintaining information on vendor profiles and capabilities, and updating scorecards to support vendor portfolio management. Facilitating weekly supplier performance reviews with business partners where metrics and scorecards will be shared to drive continuous improvement. Providing senior management with monthly reporting metrics.