- About 20 years experience, including:
- Experience in a wide variety of projects including telecommunication, gas and electric, high objectivity, attention to detail and the ability to be unbiased and of high ethical principles, able to provide good strategic advice, demonstrated level of professionalism in dealing with clients, contractors and vendors, extensive organization skills and ability to handle multiple concurrent assignments.
- Experienced in managing all facets of project management (budget, schedule, procurement, quality & risk) for large and complex customer networks from the order’s entry, through design, construction, FO management & equipment install, acceptance test, service turn up, customer acceptance and billing.
- Experienced in design, engineering, implementing and supporting telecommunications and data network for medium to large enterprise with multiple remote offices nation - wide. Production of feasibility studies and customized design of fiber routes and facilities, tender contract and as-built drawings, splice & network diagrams, optical documentation.
- Hands-on experience in telecommunication distribution facility installation, FTTP/FTTB network architecture deployment (EPON, GPON, ETD’s), restoration, audit cables & cell sites, ring cuts (mid span) on live backbone cables, fusion and mass fusion splicing, tests and inspection equipment including an oscilloscope, OTDR and light source /power meter setups.
- GSM/UMTS/LTE network integration/adaptation (AWS/PCS); experienced with various cell site components and the steps necessary to isolate issues within them - jumpers, TMA’s, N/DIN connections, diplexers/duplexers, sectorized/omni antennas, surge arrestors, multiplexers, splitters, filters, etc.
Proficient: Outlook, Excel, Word, Access, Microsoft Project/EPM, Primavera, AutoCAD, Microstation V8, MapInfo, MapPoint, Visio, Smallworld, Optix, Salesforce, PowerPoint, GNNettest, NEST.
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
- Customer's single point of contact during fiber installation and customer services delivery
- Coordinate project details with internal team members, sales, construction managers, permit technicians, enterprise business services and accounting.
- Responsible for reporting the project financial variances, estimates vs actual for the duration of the project
- Coordinate project resources to keep critical activities on track and develop recovery plans to offset delays
- Responsible for the closeout of the project, working with construction managers to ensure all documentation is recorded in fiber asset management system.
Confidential, Dulles, VA
- Oversee completion of assigned project related to OSP & ISP, manage proposals, bids, scope definition, engineering design cycles and design review and approvals.
- Overall management responsibility in large geographic area for activities such as site walks, boring, trenching, micro-trenching, conduit placement, splicing and testing of light level via optical loss test sets (OLTSs) and optical time domain reflect meters (OTDRs).
- Installed the largest capacity FOC (1728 fibers) ever deployed in US.
- Established and lead initial conference call/visit to review contract obligations, implementation process and installation timeline with account team and each new customer/project.
- Created, updated, and reviewed project schedule as needed
- Managed capital budgets over $10MM.
Confidential, Pittsburgh, PA
Senior Network Planner
- Produce technical documentation, reviews, planning guides for fiber optics projects.
- Provide daily technical guidance and assistance to lower level and peer engineering staff.
- Assist the Planning Manager with budgets, project coordination, and provide input for scheduling and network implementation of network related projects.
- Build estimates/analysis develop fiber usage strategies and answer design and implementation questions.
- Help anticipate and prepare for bandwidth demands for customer services.
Confidential, Beltsville, MD
Construction Project Manager
- Identified problems with project processes and recommends/implements solutions to resolve and improve processes.
- Identified drawing specifications and meets client standards.
- Planed and scheduled project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
- Conduct audits on completed cell sites using punch list methodology to ensure completed work meets all building codes and laws.
- Assist in Radio Frequency (RF) troubleshooting of cell sites to ensure site is fully operational and meets required standards.
- Ensure the completion of all site-specific construction activities pursuant to design specifications and standards, familiar with site walks, both pre and post construction.
Confidential, MD / DC / VA
- Managed all facets of project management (budget, schedule, procurement, quality & risk), implemented large and complex DWDM/CDWM, SONET, ATM, Frame Relay, Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, IP customer networks - Off-Net & On-Net, private & shared, managed & unmanaged - from the order’s entry, through design, construction, equipment installation, customer acceptance, service turn up and billing.
- Outward-facing for assigned accounts, cultivate customer trust, served as primary point of contact with customer, prepared and presented the project plan documentation for complete client satisfaction, lead key project meetings with sales to gather requirements, design an appropriate solution, set up project budgets for both lump sum and unit cost and monitor / track all aspects of each project from the start of the project through project close out.
- Managed key decisions such as vendor selection, guidance on selecting equipment to best meet customer needs, expediting scheduling of high profile projects to maximize immediate reoccurring revenue, determined labor needs required to staff project, ensure SP and vendors/ suppliers meet all the technical specifications with respect to and customer specs, etc.
- Conducted field inspection to ensure all, Confidential, Federal, Local and customer safety guidelines specification and construction procedure are enforced during the entire CW phase.
- Prepared, developed and maintained OSP relocation & implementation project plan schedule, identified appropriate resources needed and assigned individual responsibilities, assessed all project phases in alignment with contract delivery due dates and customer requirements, ensure that all tasks are completed and reported as committed.
- Lead, planned, arranged and hosted a team building in executing of projects tasks which result in improved communications within the office, provided assistance and technical support in the development and design of new projects, managed vendors/providers as required meeting the goals.
- Proactively managed changes in project scope, identify potential issues/risks, and devise contingency plans. Participate in the preparation and settlement of change order proposals and claims including compilation of necessary supporting documentation for time extensions.
- Assessed and controlled charges to agreed design. Increased profit margins, maintained project financial tracking, contain budgets overages by researching ways to reduce expenses related to network deployment, reduce expenditure and increase efficiency, diligent tracking any/all incurred change orders and cost associated to achieve project objectives and meet customer expectations.
- Hands on asset management, performed inventory adjustments, validate received equipment, accountable for Confidential ’s.
- Lead internal resources and cross-functional teams, provided technical support for upgrade, extension, restoration, relocation and troubleshooting of all fiber optic projects.
- Verified serviceability, reviewed plans and ensure proposed construction design deliver the cost efficient circuit routing and balance system deployment limitation. Managed legacy database systems associated with fiber optic mapping.
- Planed and coordinate all FO allocation in COX NoVA system for Confidential ’s, commercial customers, CATV expansion nodes, city I-net and other FO circuits as needed.
- Produced technical documentation SEP’s, SOW and MOP’s for splice contractors.
- QC construction drawings, as-built documentation and validated optical documentation (OTDR) submitted by contractors.
Confidential, MD / DC / VA
Senior Facility Designer
- Produced CD’s, cross section profiles, permitting drawings, easement drawings for new telecom duct.
- Performed construction inspection on behalf of Confidential - Washington DC area.