- Senior Level Project Manager experienced in Global Information Technology with key emphasis in multi - tier infrastructure and software development implementation, process improvement, business analysis, process workflow, change management, IT Governance, PMO and managing projects within the SDLC utilizing PMBOK and Virginia VITA COVA objectives, with scopes exceeding $1million utilizing Agile, Agile hybrid and Waterfall Methodology.
- Full responsibility and accountability for Project execution and extensive experience working with diverse personalities and teams in a fast-paced environment of support staff and executive management.
- managing projects utilizing the following technologies: SDLC
- Microsoft Windows
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Mercury Quality Tools
- Quality Center
- Microsoft Project
- .NET Framework
- GIS tools Web and Mobile based Applications
- Microsoft SharePoint
- EDI transactions (EDIFACT and X12)
- SOW and RFP’s
- Oversight of $10+ Million of VDOT IT projects by advising and mentor Program and Project Managers regarding sound project management practices change management and the technology project governance requirements of VDOT and VITA (Virginia Information Technology Agency)
- Evaluation and implementation of VDOT enterprise-wide business process improvements
- Support the Project/Program Managers in the development of project plans and schedules
- Provide governance to support the delivery of projects to schedule, cost and scope performance metrics
- Support project managers in the identifying, analyzing, monitoring, mitigating and reporting on risks
- Develop, write and document Project Management policy and process standards to support governance and change management processes.
- Identify Process re-engineering process and the effects of change management to VDOT organization
- Ensure compliance with all policies and procedures in the execution of technology projects
- Monitor the progress of technology projects and provide quick and accurate responses to IT Management as to status, issues and risks of those projects
- Serve as liaison between IT Management, Program /Project Managers and VITA.
- Provide mentoring, coaching, training and on-boarding for project managers in the areas of project management tools, standards, policies, and procedures.
- Provides overall direction to project managers in formulation, development, implementation, and delivery of projects
- Partnering with the vendor, Program Managers and Project Managers to ensure the project meets business requirements and achieves milestones according to agree upon schedule, cost and scope
- Exercises oversight of the achievement of performance, revenue, and profit objectives of a project and its contracts.
- Ensures that the project manager has created a project plan that maintains tasks, schedules, estimates, and status, and disseminates information to team members and customers.
- Oversees structure and organization for the management of a complex environment with emphasis on cost, schedule, scope and quality
- Directs corrective actions in any area where performance falls below objectives
- Ensures the project manager arranges for the assignment of responsibility to other supporting facilities, business areas, and support functions, and monitors their performance.
- Responsible for overseeing the coordination and completion of projects
Sr. IT Project Manager
- Managed infrastructure, software application development, web and mobile implementations for multi project responsibilities utilizing Project Management principles to initiate, plan, execute & finalize IT projects according to the SDLC and the Confidential Project Management Standard within scope, budget & schedule
- Manage all aspects of the assigned projects, utilizing both Waterfall and Agile to facilitate team meetings, JAD’s, requirement, application design, sprints and wireframe sessions
- Responsible for developing Project Scope, Charter, Schedule, WBS, Status reporting, Issue/Risk Management, SOW, RFP to satisfy the project charter and business requirements
- Responsible for developing conceptual business model views, high-level and detailed business process designs, documentation, communications, procedures, and project templates within the organizational structure
- Interacted with business owners to translate service requests and requirements into developmental project plans, analyzed information systems requirements to determine infrastructure, wen, mobile and software development impact and align IT needs with project scope
- Responsible for implementing and managing internal resources and matrix resources, external contracted vendor supporting Infrastructure and Software development projects funded via grants, or State /Corporate budget appropriation within guidelines
- Responsible for interpreting and reviews of user requirements, assists in prototyping business applications to ensure accuracy in design, according to user requirements
- Utilization of risk and complexity matrix to determine the degree of oversight and governance required in project initiation, detailed planning, execution, control, and closeout
- Responsible for managing assigned IT projects within the Corporate Communications Department for web application, mobile and data development content to include new development, upgrade and rewrites utilizing Agile mythology while incorporating sprint sessions
- Provide Project Management principles to plan, execute & finalize Estes IT projects with in scope, budget & schedule
- Manage all aspects of assigned projects, to include facilitate team meetings, JAD’s, requirement, application design, and wireframe sessions, resolving project issues including identifying project risks, change management and ensure they are tracked and mitigated
- Responsible for developing Project Scope, Charter, Schedule, Status reporting, Issue/Risk Management, SOW and RFP’s and communication with vendor to satisfy the project charter and business requirements
- Determine structure of project teams, identify resources requirements and staff appropriately
- Identify, track, and resolve project issues including identifying project risks change request and ensure they are mitigated
- Update project documentation & create project closure documents to ensure the SDLC has been completed and closed
- Responsible for planning, organizing, scheduling, and monitoring all aspects of the SDLC utilizing Clarity, Microsoft Project, RFI/RFP process, 3rd party vendor relations, requirements documentation, Change Management, and PMO processes utilizing Agile, Waterfall and PMBOK methodology
- Provided quality control of project deliverables to ensure compliance to standards including reporting and tracking
- Responsibilities for managing large and complex initiatives, with direct accountability for project schedule, scope, budget, identify, track, and resolve project issues including identifying project risks