Senior Project Manager / Program Manager / Project Manager
New Technologies Integration / Strategic Planning / Vendor Relationship Liaison /
Multifunctional Team Manager / Liability Exposure Management / Crisis Management
Large and Small Company Project Management: After a classical Information Systems technical career, I rose to the role of project management at USWest, and continued that post at Qwest Telecommunications, CheapTickets.com, and TriZetto Group. Career Track: Professional growth through such positions as Programmer, Systems Analyst, System Migration Analyst, End User Computing Consultant, Program Manager, Business Continuity Manager, Project Manager, Senior Project Manager.
Turnaround Management: Recruited by multiple companies to revamp operations and overhaul ineffective methods, bring higher profit to the bottom line, and devise ongoing processes and procedures for life-cycle management within IT, customer relations, and other departments.
Proven Record Across Major Corporate Functions: I am skilled at bringing order to chaos with attention to planning, forecasting, and superior communication. I have succeeded in a variety of corporate environments with exceptionally deep knowledge of IT, healthcare, and telecommunications, consistently exceeding company objectives and saving my firms hundreds of thousands of dollars.
Selected Achievements & Skills
- Orchestrated turnaround of Data Storage department, saving the organization over $200,000 a month. Recruited to serve as Senior Project Manager for TriZetto Group (2005-2009), I determined the causes of service level agreement defaults and lead my department to zero SLA violations. Through my management, I accelerated the installation and data migration for the replacement of four massive storage filers and accomplished the migration of the 70 terabytes of data in one-third the time normally required.
- Created quality Business Continuity Processes and Plan. Understanding the requirements of an online travel website, I created the plan to ensure continuity of vital business procedures for CheapTickets.com (2003-2004) which not only provided plans to continue business but also highlighted changes in staffing and additional training required for normal business.
- Led a procurement and logistics team on a $50 million project, leasing and installing over fifteen thousand workstations and over four hundred and fifty servers across fourteen states. I set up training centers in each customer service "mega-center" for USWest (1989-2000) in addition to my team supporting eight in-field teams concurrently placing equipment in each mega-center.
- Skills: Exceptionally strong written and verbal communication skills. Highly personable and capable of working with other project managers, technical teams, and executive management. Proficient in solving problems and implementing solutions under tight deadlines. Hands-on project manager, capable of managing all levels of personnel.
2009 - present Confidential, Denver, Colorado
- Business consulting for internet site performance, best practices, quality assurance, and website update.
- Personal consulting in the areas of job performance, negotiation/communication skills, and career enhancement/change.
2005 - 2009 Confidential, Colorado
A $550 million information technology company totally devoted to the healthcare industry, whose customer base serves more than 40% of the insured population of the US.
Senior Project Manager
- Created teams of technical personnel (database administrators, systems engineers, storage engineers), security experts, offshore teams, vendors, customer delivery agents, and upper management to refresh mass storage equipment, whether through upgrades or total replacement, migrating over 700 terabytes of data.
- Accelerated the installation and data migration for the replacement of four NetApp NAS filers and accomplished the migration of the 70 terabytes of data in one-third the time normally required, saving the organization over $200,000 a month.
- Managed the project to move hundreds of VMware servers from local to remote storage, allowing for strategic use of storage to protect data. No customer interruptions were encountered.
- Oversaw the installation of mass storage equipment in two newly created off-site cyber-centers for both replication and disaster recovery support.
2003 - 2004 Confidential, Village, Colorado
Consultant to a mid-sized online travel services company comprised of over three hundred local employees, twenty-five business functions and three major out-of-state sites.
Senior Project Manager - Business Continuity Consultant
- Researched and authored a Business Continuity Plan by designing and implementing research questionnaires and plan documents, training and testing procedures, and detailed maintenance plans. Interviewed all employees and created metrics of responses for inclusion in the plan.
2002 - 2003 Confidential, Denver, Colorado
1989 - 2001 Confidential, Denver, Colorado
Consultant to a major telecommunications company working with their cybercenter/datacenter teams across the US, wireless data organization for Business Services, Customer Service Support teams and IT organization.
Senior Project Manager/Project Manager
- Led CyberCenter Operations Hosted Systems Support team to identify working procedures with Hosting Engineering groups; created Operations Level Agreements; determined functional responsibilities for multiple HPOV CyberCenter installations.
- Managed product managers during the development, launch, and lifecycle of five Business Solutions products.
- Program managed product manager through a restructuring period, mentoring and training them in project management skills and toward an internal Quality Development Process (QDP) certification.
- Project managed the return to stability of a multi-discipline front-end system that supported all of the customer service agents, moving outage minutes to zero.
- Led technical project groups, including Oracle DBAs, software developers, and support groups to optimize performance by defining and creating formal processes and identifying roles and responsibilities, taking the project into CMM Level 2.
- Project managed the deployment of over fifteen thousand terminals and over three hundred servers supporting Intelligent Workstation Distributed Technical Platforms (DTPs) in fourteen states in newly created customer service mega-centers.
- Led a Procurement and Logistics team on a $50 million project, leasing and installing over fifteen thousand replacement workstations and monitors and over one hundred-fifty servers in fourteen states. Supported up to eight in-field teams concurrently for this NT Conversion project.
- Microsoft applications: MS Project, Visio, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Database applications: Oracle, SQL Server, Sybase, IMS/CICS
- Platforms: Microsoft Windows/NT, AIX UNIX, Filenet
- Methodologies: CMM Level2, QDP(Quality Development Process), SAS70, DOD Data Purge, SOX
- Storage Media: EMC, NetApp, SAN, NAS
BS (Magna Cum Laude) and BA (Summa Cum Laude)
PMP - Project Management Institute