- Strategic, dynamic and experienced project manager who combines analytical, technical and management skills to consistently deliver large - scale, complex applications with a focus on financial, logistics, and recruiting systems.
- Specializes in identifying opportunities and requirements, solution design, business process improvements, QA processes, software test planning and execution, to deliver enterprise system solutions in Agile/Waterfall environments.
- Adept at leading, influencing and gaining consensus from business and technical stakeholders across multiple locations within a culture of continuous improvement.
- Built business relationships to determine requirements and anticipate needs. Initiated, planned, designed, tested and deployed projects of all sizes in a matrix management environment always within schedule, scope and budget.
- Managed large, multi-disciplinary teams through all phases of the project lifecycle. Resolved all critical issues through timely communication, escalation and influence. Standardized all critical SDLC processes. Created a new testing methodology to address SOX compliance issues; obtained executive management support to ensure process adoption.
- Directed all phases of the SDLC including user requirements, design, testing, implementation and support. Produced regular status reports. Managed process improvement initiatives and training. Controlled budgets.
- Deployed numerous upgrades, managed change requests, patch releases, and day-to-day support.
Areas of Expertise
- Project Lifecycle Management
- Enterprise-Level Applications
- Project Management
- Waterfall/Agile Methodologies
- Quality Assurance
- Business Process Analysis
- Program Management
- Vendor Management
- Risk Management
- Cross-functional Team Leadership
- Stakeholder Management
- Change Management
- Technical Liaison
- MS Project
- MS Visio
- Office 365 (Excel
- OneDrive for Business
- Visual Studio
- Google Drive
- MS Dynamics Great Plains
- Deltek Costpoint/Vision
Confidential, Philadelphia, PA
IT Project manager
- Regularly promoted to ultimately plan, direct and evaluate the work of a team of 5 business and systems analysts and 2 offshore QA analysts. Combined hands-on and leadership roles. Oversaw delivery of operational and strategic enterprise applications for a diverse range of internal customers across multiple locations.
- Transitioned between overseeing multiple simultaneous small projects, to focusing on requirements, testing and quality for very large projects, to acting as a PMO. Authorized the setting of project goals, timelines and staffing requirements, ensuring deliverables were on time and within budget.
- Developed cross-functional relationships by understanding priorities and anticipating needs, aligning business and technical demands with corporate goals. Initiated a demand management process to deliver high-value business solutions.
- Initiated a new demand management process to deal with competing project requests as part of the PMO function.
- Managed a large program of enhancements to a global product liaising with business and IT partners.
- Standardized numerous key processes and methods, covering project management, business case, risk management, QA, business requirements, test plan development, test execution, defect tracking, implementation and change management. Obtained internal audit and senior management acceptance to ensure compliance with SOX standards.
- Prepared user manuals/training materials to design, build and implement a new testing methodology (TFS/Visual Studio).
- Documented as-is and to-be business processes for various global projects using MS Visio to identify the necessary changes and presented new business process improvements using PowerPoint.
- Created test plans, test cases/scripts, and tracked defects. Ensured test-traceability to business/system requirements.
IT development manager
- Initially a Senior Systems Analyst in Confidential, then seconded to Confidential, managing global rollout of a shipping documentation and revenue system.
- Responsible for requirements gathering, specifications, design, testing, deployment and support.
- Coordinated activities in Confidential, India and Asia-Pacific and supervised 2 support analysts and 4 technical support/help-desk personnel.
- Returned to Confidential and was promoted to Development Manager and directed development, testing, implementation and support of a global customer and operational shipment management system. Met all deadlines, budget restrictions and quality standards.
- Worked with internal clients and stakeholders to plan and implement projects with a significant impact on business operations aimed at increasing productivity while reducing costs.
- Authority for budgeting and planning, testing, quality control and knowledge transfer. Supervised 5 Project Managers and 10 offshore software developers.