- Seeking suitable position in Software Configuration Management/Release Management/Project Management/Build and Deployment/Application Support/Running flows for retirement/financial applications.
- Twenty three (23) years of experience in data processing which includes Change and Configuration Management, Project Management, Build and Deployment Management to multiple environments, Environment Management, Testing, Integration, development in Oracle, Visual Basic and C, Unix, NT networking and administration, deployment, Web development, Oracle, C testing with excellent communication skills and lead Experience, Unit testing, System testing, Integration, Regression and performance testing, DB2 UDB, Web Design, development, testing and deployment, Maestro and ESP flows.
- Windows 95, MS - Windows NT (Servers and Workstations)
- SUN and HP, UNIX (SOLARIS and HP), X-WINDOWS, OPEN WINDOWS, ORACLE 8.0, DEVELOPER 2000, Visual Basic, SUN OS, PASCAL, FORTRAN, C, SQL*FORMS, SQL*PLUS, SQL*REPORTWRITER 3.0,SQL Server, PVCS, CCC/Harvest, Silk Performer (Segue Software), Unisys,
- Rational ClearCase, ClearQuest, RequisitePro, Crystal Reports, StarTeam/Starbase, Visual Source Safe and Source Offsite, WinRunner, Test Director, Load Runner, Java2, JRUN Web Servers and Communication Servers. RMC(Rational methodology composer), Sub-Version, Tortoise, HTML, Excel and VBA.
- Obtained training in Data Warehousing, Silk Performance testing, certified in DB2 UDB, Web Logic, Web Sphere, AS400(iSeries), Windows, Wintel Servers, Maestro and ESP tools for running flows for retirement/financial applications.
Confidential, Columbus, OH
- Pre-requisites: Change/code management experience, rational clear case and subversion.
- Executing flows and batched processes right now utilizing ESP and Maestro tools.
- Brought more functionality to the team and help in other areas.
- Has hands on/working knowledge of unix/Linux/z/OS. Work with the testing and Development teams. Responsibilities are to co-ordinate with Testing/Development teams during day time to understand flow requirements, participate in meetings and discuss flow issues with the corresponding teams and execute the flows in the evenings. Conducted meetings to train and educate teams in running flows and understanding process. Understand ESP tool and the language and create/update bash/ksh scripts to automate flow tasks. Provide detailed documentation to the team(s) and expand scripts to initiate batch flows manually and/or through scheduler and then monitor them, generate reports of failed jobs and their logs and report/resolve issues as appropriate. Use seb-version for storing scripts, documents etc. Consultant of the month recognized/awarded by Confidential Inc.
Tools: Computer Associates’s ESP, Maestro(IBM) tools unix, SQL.
Application Support Analyst
Confidential, Columbus, OH
- As application support analyst working in Enterprise Configuration System group and supporting Java application build/deployment to various environments including Production environments.
- Websphere administration. Utilizing Maven and Jenkins (formerly Hudson) for builds and ChangeMan for deployment of Java applications to IBM Mainframe (z/OS) Unix platforms.
- Working on process improvement and issue tracking/resolving. Setup new Jenkins server for build and releases, creating branches in Subversion SCM repositories.
- Deployment of Java applications to Web Sphere and to different cells and clusters.
- Created Release and Deployment documentation, working on metrics to improve production deployments.
Confidential, Pittsburgh, PA
- As Configuration Manager, working on Build and Deployment of several applications at Confidential .
- Utilizing Sub-version and TFS versioning systems for accessing code for build and deployment. Build and Deployment involves weblogic, websphere, Unix/Linux, windows, iSeries(AS400), xml, unix and other platforms and applications.
- Primary responsibility is to support applications developed and supported by geographically distributed development and testing teams. Deployments involve Testing and Production environments.
- Responsibilities include weblogic, websphere admin and managed server bouncing when necessary and also to create data sources bouncing weblogic, websphere admin servers.
Consultant/IT Process Manager
- As IT Process Manager, worked on Web Design, development, testing and deployment/implementation/Publishing to Development, Test and Production environments.
- Web publishing also included defect fixing and publishing utilizing Rational Method Composer and Sub-Version for version control system.
- Used Tortoise as interface to Sub-Version and also utilized xmi, css, html, pdf, bmp, gif pictures, video and other media files.
- This project was for publishing enterprise level methodology at Nationwide Corporation and was made available across the corporation to educate/make aware Classic and Agile Methodologies, worked with manager, developer, testers and communication specialists and reported to Director.
- As Project Manager, managed Loan Reconciliation project for various business lines under the executive member sponsorship and guidance. Interacted with various teams for implementation of the project, assigned and communicated tasks to various teams, participated in meetings and completed/implemented the project well in time with co-operation from all the participating teams. Used MS Excel and Excel functions like vlookup etc. effectively for identifying loans and providing status to the higher management. Provided management and the core teams with timely statistics.
- Implemented Vacation Time Tracker for a very big team to help executive member/manager to view snapshot of the report showing current status of vacation and sick days of individual members of the team.
- Also implemented Resource Allocation Project in Excel using VBA functions. This project will help the management in allocating projects/assignments to each of the team members.
- As a Configuration Manager/Test Environment Manager, working on process improvement, coordinating effort for new test environment setup.
- Conducting and participating in several meetings in order to obtain information from various teams, identifying gaps in the process and providing appropriate solutions/strategy for implementing controls where required. Developed procedures to improve process.
- Working on Test Environment scheduling, overall performance of the test environment and coordinating with several test leads.
- Responsibilities included are implementing the procedures developed and presented to the satisfaction of the senior management.
Consultant/Configuration Management Specialist
- Developed Business Requirements for baseline verification tool as part of process improvement. Attended several meetings with managers of different groups/teams to identify technical and functional requirements. Utilized flow charts, use cases, scenarios and Rational RequisitePro to translate use cases into functional, non-functional and technical requirements and entered requirements into RequisitePro to be available to the development team.
- Also, held meetings with the development team to explain and to enable them to understand the requirements so that the implementation resulted in accurately defined requirements. The baseline verification tool which was implemented was placed on the web for usage by different groups enterprise wide.
- Working in Configuration Management team which provides 24x7 support as part of Enterprise Configuration Management Team. Supported deployment of applications which are very critical in nature and requires quick and positive responses.
- Responsibilities included are to perform Deployment/Migration of large number of applications to various environments. Responsibilities included are ClearCase and ClearQuest utilization and customer support. Following UCM process. Interact with release management, development teams and creates builds and migrate code to multiple environments which includes test, acceptance and production environment migrations.
- Guide the users/customers on the CM process and enforce Configuration Management procedures defined and adopted by this financial/mortgage corporation. Working in a very dynamic and challenging environment. The build/deployment tools/software include are ant, AbInitio, Perl and shell scripts.