- An educated information technology professional who is adept at Project Management, Scrum, SDLC, IT Service Delivery, Vendor Management and who carries solid business acumen. Brings a varied degree of technical expertise that is the result of progressive work experience and professional education.
- Beginning as an A+ certified computer repair technician and having pushed career successively forward over the past 16 years to ever more challenging roles.
- Ground up technical expertise has come from serving on help desks at increasing tiers, serving as a Systems Engineer for a large banking institution and being offered the opportunity to serve as a Stock/Bond Trader and Trade Information Systems Manager at the same institution.
- Position with Ahold, a global retail corporation, allowed leverage of technical abilities to manage IT projects and service delivery in the areas of software, hardware, and network infrastructure projects. Attained advanced certification, PMP and ITIL - F, as a result of hands on practice.
- Position with global payments processor, First Data, allowed for global project management of IT infrastructure initiatives and large scale telecom migrations as well as in depth use of the SDLC process for software build-outs. Natural curiosity and quest for knowledge continue to propel career further in professional endeavors. Currently working to attain Scrum Master and Green Belt certifications.
- At ease relaying technical terminology and jargon into understandable information to business stakeholders in a timely and professional fashion.
- PMP Certified
- ITIL-F Certified
- CompTia A+ Certified
- Windows Client and Network OS Platforms
- Apple Mobile Devices
- Mobile Device Management (MDM)
- Active Directory
- Security Protocols
- MS Office Products
- Cloud Computing
- Google Mail and Drives.
Confidential, Greencastle, PA
- Accountable for ensuring the completion of a portfolio of information management projects which reached company's global space via usage of PMI standardized project management skills.
- Voting member of the Technology Advisory Board and Change Advisory Board. Analyzed change implementation plans to ensure completeness and back-out ability. Worked to protect end users from any downtime, interruption, or negative impact.
- Utilized ITIL methodology to provide daily supervision and support to vendors and staff to verify that contractual agreements had been met and projects were on task. Shepherded and championed efforts to ensure service level agreements were reached and internal customer needs were met. Escalated issues as needed and provided updates/root cause analysis to the business in a timely manner.
- Assisted senior management in creating yearly IT budget and recommended cost/consumption reduction projects. Initiated and completed these projects. Disputed commonly overlooked vendor billing inaccuracies and saved the business $250k +.
- Utilized project management skills to deploy ServiceNow service management application to internal and retail store endpoints to include incident management, change management and self-service portals.
- Assisted in developing global IT policy regarding security, mobile device usage, data storage and retention, and remote network access.
IT Support Specialist
Confidential, Shippensburg, PA
- Accountable for technical project initiation, planning, executing, and managing throughout close including Microsoft software rollouts, laptop and desktop scheduled refreshes, and third party software rollouts.
- Responsible for testing and validating various software and hardware solutions and recommending appropriate solution to upper management.
- Worked the ticket queue to verify SLAs were being met and that change and incident tickets were updated by staff in a timely and precise manner.
- Responsible for directing and mentoring junior IT team members and ensuring successful completion of projects and assigned tasks.
IT Help Desk Representative
Confidential, Frederick, MD
- Solo Help Desk Representative responsible for supporting campus-wide software and hardware via remote software tool. Reassigned incidents or changes that could not be completed upon first request to the proper staff for completion.
- Assisted in designing a student help desk. Developed processes and procedures to bring project to fruition.
- Adjunct Faculty member teaching Information Technology and Help Desk Software courses.
- Solid use of Active Directory to facilitate daily operations.
Contract IT Help Desk Analyst
- First line of technical contact and assistance for FEMA inspectors in the field serving the disaster stricken areas of Louisiana, Mississippi, Florida, Alabama, and Texas during the aftermath of hurricane Katrina.
- Trained and mentored new and junior staff members on difficult and time sensitive incident communication and resolution techniques. Worked with early tablet hardware to assist inspectors in relaying extent of damage to areas and homes.
- Worked within an onsite and remote team of senior and junior IT specialists to coordinate and verify the continuity of critical information flow--to relay when lines of communication were available, when they were down, or bottlenecked. This included telephone landlines in the stricken area and T1 lines to federal locations.
Stock & Bond Trader/IT Trading Systems Manager
Confidential, Lancaster, PA
- Responsible for keeping abreast of equity trading software technology and developments. Worked as a team lead to deploy a new online portfolio management and trading system throughout the investment department. Trained end users in appropriate usage of investment software.
- Negotiated yearly contracts with vendor brokerage houses and performed daily trading activity of both stocks and bonds in an institutional investment environment.
IT Systems Engineer
Confidential, Lancaster PA
- Maintained HUB site that contained 52 Wintel servers. Responsible for hardware upgrades, disk drive replacement due to failure, and software upgrades.
- Worked with third party software vendors to deploy new and/or upgraded technologies.
- Assisted remote NOC team in resolving issues with routers, switches, hubs, and cabling.
- Responsible for daily disk backup procedures and offsite storage and any requests for file restoration.