- Senior level project manager with extensive information - technology experience in the financial and banking industry.
- Most recently with Confidential in the Check processing and capture team .
- Strong leadership skills managing multiple projects and motivating project team members to address customers’ business requirements.
- Recognized for building positive relationships with customers and co-workers to successfully meet client expectations.
Confidential, Livonia, MI
Information System Technical Manager
- Led a team of professional resources that supported national check processing using the Unisys Check Processing system. Prioritized and planned projects, upgrades, enhancements, and supported day to day 24x7 Image Item Capture, extract, and image storage and retrieval.
- Developed, installed, and supported custom application to verify and build data base of valid check transaction codes. Including CICS screens to add, update and delete transaction codes.
- Designed a complete workflow of COBOL batch processing programs that would verify data integrity prior to posting transaction to related accounts. This process included inputs from California, Texas, and Florida.
- Modified existing COBOL and CICS programs to process, balance, and post valid transactions from multiple bank acquisitions.
- Installed, configured, and enhanced software purchased by line of business such as PegaSystems for the Research and Adjustments department. SQN for the Signature verification department. Check Fraud Detection for the Fraud department.
- Provided support of the home grown FMP(Ford Motor Payroll) COBOL Batch system and FMV(Ford Motor Vehicle) COBOL batch and print system.
- Managed the conversion of a Check Processing System (Millions of checks processed per day) to a more advanced LIBRA system with no disruption in service.
- Installed and maintained Check Fraud detection system that reduced fraudulent check cashing and saved over 2M the first year of operations.
- Managed the conversion of seven years of check images from an obsolete system to the company’s standard image archive; improved client experience by removing an extra system.
- Converted companywide printing, copying, and faxing to one distributed system including departmental charged back controls.
Information System Project Leader
- Responsible for resource development. Identified candidate in the operations area that demonstrated abilities to become software support. Trained resource that eventually developed into the primary support SME for a national software product
- Led the seamless integration of item processing systems of other acquired financial institutions, including Imperial Bank, Metro Bank, LaSalle Bank, Hibernia, and Sterling Bank. These multimillion dollar banks were all converted within specified time and cost requirements without missing any posting SLA’s.
- Managed the corporate-wide deployment of RICOH MPS (Managed Print Services) printing, faxing and copying. Personally, directed all system software and hardware upgrades and audits that resulted in full and timely compliance with no interruption of service.
- Led the installation of Active Directory and DNS upgrade.