- project management: financial reports, forecasting, cost models, research and reconciliation of cost variances. accounting standards and methods: General ledger entries, accruals, adjusting entries, internal controls, SOX standards. inventory: maintaining control of the volume and movement of various inventories, accurate record keeping and reporting, batch management, and reconciliation of variances. data analysis on large financial and operational data sets.
- Disciplined, energetic, positive, and self - motivating person. Proven ability to manage multiple assignments. Excellent interpersonal skills and work ethic.
Analyst, Resource Management
- Corporate planning of monthly and quarterly budget, manpower, and headcount. Forecast and update with actuals. Calculate and analyze variances.
- Quarterly rolling forecast. Process improvement support for labor budget and workload estimation.
- Data management for labor budget and workload estimation.
- Process Requests for Quotes.
Data Analyst and Project Management Coordinator
- Project Management: assisted lead project engineers with managing project budgets, ranging from $100k - $4 million. Supported Pipeline Engineers with data analysis for ongoing projects, short and long term.
- Milestone projects, monitoring and evaluating progress on an ongoing basis.
- Hourly and fixed fee projects, monitoring ongoing expenditures vs budget.
- Developed forecast report for management which was updated and reported monthly.
- Forecast revenue and work flow by engineer and client for company Vice President.
- Excel data manipulation to assist with pipeline analysis - pivot tables, very large data sets, formulas, graphs, elementary macros.
- Audited invoices with discrepancies on client request.
- Maintained and updated models for cost components, quality adjustments, and fuel surcharges per contract.
- Calculated monthly/quarterly pricing quality and base price adjustments, plus fuel surcharges for coal/railroad agreements.
- Calculated and issued documents to support inventory adjustments and payments due to scale calibration results.
- Created and updated reports for Confidential management such as contract obligations due to the credit downgrade caused by corporate separation, cost components history analysis reports, coal contract obligations for 10Q and 10K reports, monthly and quarterly accruals for fuel accounting.
- Managed system access permissions for FEL applications (ComTrac/FDR/Contracts Online) via the SOX-Review database.
- Administered coal supply agreements, issued amendments and notification letters to counterparties.
- Input rates into the ComTrac commodity tracking system, updated system SO2 indices with monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual values from Argus Daily.