- Strong and Innovative Leader with proven track record of delivering system test solutions to Industry’s top customers.
- A successful leader in validation and deployment of industry changing networking software and hardware products .
- Defined processes and drove consensus within cross functional teams to achieve product adoption among large service provider customers .
- Skilled in managing the operational challenges of releasing high quality software products on schedule .
- Currently holding the Position Technical Manager for Platform, Infrastructure and tools, Performance, L2 - L3 and scalability team
- Over 13 years of strong development test background in the Networking/Communication Industry
- Over 8 years of experience as a Project leader/Technical Leader in scoping, planning, managing and tracking projects
- Expertise in System testing, Functional testing, Protocol Testing, Openflow, SDN verification
- Expertise in Data, Control, Management plane verification.
- Build the platform, tools, and automation infrastructure that make it easy to develop, test and continuously integrate changes.
- Leading the SQA effort of 100% automation delivery by the manual Engineers for the assigned features.
- Passion for Product Research & Development and delivery ownership, End to End Data Center / Internet exchange / Wireless and Tier 1 ~3 ISPs and Enterprise wireless/wired solution development & deployment
- Proven ability to build strong teams, coach and mentor Engineers and lead cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated success in the validation and deployment of industry changing networking software and hardware products
- Experience in Managing Complete project cycles
- Experience in Managing geographically distributed teams and across multiple time zones to deliver a quality product
- Excellent leadership and people skills to work with teams and inspire them to achieve goals
- Strong presentation, negotiation and motivational skills
- Dedicated, focused and self-motivated with strong interpersonal and communication skills
Tools: Phone Tester tool, Rational ClearQuest, Versioning tool Rational Clear Case, GK
Protocols: Layer 2 protocols IGMP snooping, LACP, LAG, ARP, LLDP, LLDP-Med, Vlan, MCTLayer 3 (Routing protocols) and above IP, RIP, TCP, UDP, ICMP, IPv6, ICMPv6
Application protocols: DHCP, DNS
Multicast protocol: IGMP
Network Management: SNMP, RMON, EMS
Signaling protocol: SIP
Authentication Protocols: Dot1x, Radius authentication, IP and Mac ACL’s, Guest Vlans
Network Sniffer: Ethereal, wireshark
Network Simulator: IXIA, IXIA ANVL, Spirent Test Center, Smartbits
Confidential, San Jose
- Manager for Platform and tools, Infrastructure, Performance, scalability and Layer2-Layer3 team.
- Managing a team of 20 Engineers across different geographic locations.
- Leading the SQA initiative of reducing the SQA turnaround time for Market requirements as Convergence measurements, Performance measurements, Baseline config, memory profiling in collaboration with marketing team to convert Request for information into deals.
- Responsible for the strategic planning, setting the direction for the test org, and building strong test team, program executions, budget management and product delivery.
- Drove for equipment efficiency in the organization to reduce the expensive CAPEX needs in the Business.
- Competency transfer project ensured seamless transition of offshore team to another site without impacting any ongoing release and ensuring zero downtime.
- SQA Program Manager for current Service Provider Product line.
- Responsible for resourcing, Scoping, planning, scheduling the release for new Features or the Engineering requests.
- Working closely with SW lead, PLM in defining the schedules, SQA progress, strategies, readiness and SQA quality efforts.
- Working in agile environment to plan for the feature requests coming late in release, plan the POR and work with development team and PM to get the Feature included in release without impacting the quality.
- Tracking the Project Progress from engineering perspective by closely tracking the defect ratio and the code churn and incoming, outgoing defect ratio to predict the code quality and stability to meet the exit criteria of the release.
- Representing SQA in all the bug scrubs, Product PRD reviews, Roadmap definitions, Functional Spec, Design docs and SQA docs reviews and related sign offs.
- Researched the CFD for 3 years in the areas I am managing and technically leading. CFDS had been reduced to 40% in those areas for last 8 months.
- Driving the SQA initiative of SQA-TAC collaboration
Confidential, San Jose
- Technically led platform, Performance and scalability and Layer2 - Layer3 team.
- Worked closely with PM team on multiple customer Demos for New hardware that assisted business unit to achieve confirmed bookings and orders.
- SQA interface for the customer escalations, worked closely with TAC, sustaining, PM team to resolve those.
- Verification of Platform, Performance for the new hardware in each release with decreasing trend of CFDs in the area.
Confidential, San Jose
Staff System Test Engineer/Technical lead
- Technically led platform team and Performance and scalability team.
- Coordinated project efforts across global Brocade sites in USA, India.
- Led Cross functional teams for the successful verification of new platform in every release by leading a team of 20 Engineers.
- Verified Layer2 /Layer3 protocols. Verified Multidimensional scale Test and responsible for Platform verification of the new Hardware in different releases.
- Highest percentage of valid defects and defects with a resolution, High number of defect in all the releases.
- Recipient of Engineering Excellence awards and Brocade Button.
Confidential, San Jose
Staff System Test Engineer
- Tested interaction of new features in main release with IPv6, ND proxy, MacFF, DHCPv6.
- Completed installations and upgrades in support of system team for High availability EMS servers running on Sun Solaris servers.
- Mentored new Engineers to ramp up quickly in a project.
- Designed and specified a test infrastructure using (or enhancing) the existing automation framework to execute Test Plans.
- Wrote and reviewed Test specifications, Test plans, Test procedures and test infrastructure for adequacy and completeness.
- Analyzed test results and interact with development engineers, architects/PM in the resolution/root causing of test failures.
- Identified test strategy and plan for all releases.
- Tested and verified maintenance releases and Correction/Emergency packages. Included duplication of critical customer tickets, writing test plans, setting up resources, estimating timelines and verifying problems reported by customers.
- Created test bed set ups and replication of customer topologies in-house.
Senior Engineer QA
- Performed Functional testing and Protocol Testing for various L2 and L3 features (i.e., RIP, OSPF, LAG, LACP, VLAN, IGMP snooping, ARP, LLDP and LLDP-MED; IP and Mac ACL, Security modules involving Radius authentication and 802.1x) on single unit as well as 8 unit stack.
- Verified functionality using SNMP/MIB testing
- Wrote scripts in TCL/TK and verified regression test suites using automated scripts and resolving of problems in the scripts.
- Created Test Strategy and delivered complete QA solution for SMB market projects using allocated resources.
- Ensured thorough test coverage and test completion within the scheduled timelines.
- Finalized scope, depth and coverage of testing to determine if test plan rework was required per customer requirements in order to avoid redundant testing
- Conducted defects reviews with test team and dev team and helped Dev team to isolate defects.
- Prepared test reports and tracked team progress. Handled, created and updated test progress to QA manger and Dev Manager on behalf of the team.
- Conducted test bed set up for system testing and performed system tests.
- Delivered complete test solution for service products viz: Switchcore, Force10 and Netgear.
- Resolved problems in the scripts.
Software Engineer, Testing
- Verification of SIP based VCX solution and configuring different types of gateways (FXS, FXO, Digital) and Installation of the test bed using VCX system, Media Gateways, 3Coms SIP phones, Analog Phones, Gordon Kapes Simulator and live analog lines
- Debugged problems in gateway and VCX solution using syslogs, Call Processor logs, Ethereal traces, SIP Message logs, etc.
- Verified compatibility and functioning of VCX system with PSTN and digital world using Audiocodes Digital and FXO media Gateways and Gordon Kapes.
- Coordinated and provided follow-up with offshore QA and Dev team to assure bugs were resolved, to resolve configuration/build issues, test new releases and in corporate associated review comments.