- Managerial/supervisory experience in the communications, data center management, and IT industry. Sr. Manager, Infrastructure responsible for vendor management, process development and improvement. Sr Manager Global Data Center Operations responsible design reviews, restoration of systems, work closely with Customer Application Support teams for the airline industry, patch management/deployment, providing 24x7x356 support.
- Sr. Manager responsible for design, procurement, vendor management, installation, and implementation of corporate network and infrastructure as well as DIACAP infrastructure for government delivery system.
- Sr. Project Manager/Program Manager/lead engineer for design and build out, migration planning, and management of Government and commercial Data Centers.
- Director of project operations for leading digital imaging company. Director of Monitoring Services for Hosting Provider.
- 7 years’ experience building mobile data centers on the world during military career.
Sr. Manager, Infrastructure
- Took ownership of the SmartNet support contract; reviewed overall list from Cisco against what is actually live throughout SSB network. Provided recommendations to remove various components from support, ensured that decommissioned equipment removed from support, thus reducing overall cost for support.
- Conducted a “true - up” of what SSB was being charged for monitoring and management from 3rd party managed service provider. Established baseline which then a “predictive” cost for monthly billing based on systems added and removed from support.
- Updated SolarWinds in regards to removing old equipment from monitoring/management as well as to ensure that all new equipment from plant remediation’s were added. This allowed IT Infrastructure to be pro-active to issues
- Found cost savings and/or cost avoidance across various contracts to include, but not limited to circuits, support on older hardware, which added up to more than $100,000 for 2017.
- Managed 3rd party vendor resources to ensure they configured and delivered infrastructure that was accurate, consistent with the designs, and on time, and to standards.
- Coordinated with cross-functional teams, including 3rd party vendors, for process development and continuous improvement to improve responsiveness, reliability, and availability across the plants and corporate offices.
- Designed As-Built document template for standardization to capture configuration for the plants for improved knowledge transfer and standardization of support.
- Managed and co-managed priority 1 and 2 events cross functionally driving to resolution and follow up actions to prevent the issue from reoccurring.
- Provide continued leadership and direction for the plant remediation, ensuring the continued success of the transformation of Infrastructure at legacy plants.
- Provide leadership to the Infrastructure team to include, but not limited to 1) career guidance/mentoring; 2) managing priorities in conjunction with Director of Engineering to ensure project tasks are completed on time as well as Run the Business tasks/issues are prioritized and resolved.
- Instituted within the infrastructure team as well as 3rd parties to create an “Implementation Plan” for any action that is required within the data center and/or plants. The implementation plan for any requested/required changes, that provide specific detailed steps for before, during, and after change actions to 1) identify risks, 2) steps to reduce the risk, 3) fall back plans in the event something goes wrong, 4) testing/validation after change that application/infrastructure works as designed. This has significantly reduced outages and kept changes within the designed window.
Sr. Program Mgr
- Took over a failing infrastructure program, and brought it back on track 2 weeks after starting at Confidential Bedding. Continued
- Responsible for coordinating plant remediation program for 40 plants within Confidential LLC, for upgrading IT stack, wireless access, cabling.
- Successfully remediated 4 plants, 2 Simmons and 2 Serta, providing immediate improvement on faster access to critical ERP system for scheduling and producing product.
- Reviewed all engineering design documents providing feedback to Presidio on mistakes or improvements.
- Developed budgets for each plant to include the “standard cost” from Presidio but more importantly the variable cost of labor, cabling, and add-on’s to ensure that the program stayed within the allotted overall budget for 2015/2016.
- Reduced cost of hyper-care staff by 50% by reducing time on due to better implementation of the new IT infrastructure at the plants.
- Improved overall implementation of new IT infrastructure by implementing a “Checklist” that was used for each remediation. This checklist reduced the days on site for some of the Presidio engineers thus saving SSB money.
Sr Project Manager
- Managed 3rd party vendor resources to ensure they configured and delivered infrastructure that was accurate, consistent with the designs, and on time.
- Responsible for overall project plan, time frames, resources.
- Work with Manager on the budget ensuring that project stays on budget
- Work closely with vendors to ensure quality of quotes to meet data center infrastructure requirements
- Work closely with lead design engineer assisting with managing his resources to provide designs on time and that are accurate.
- Work closely with Data Center Operations Director to ensure that all proper documentation is completed prior to acceptance and support for his team
- Provide weekly Executive Summary briefings to Senior management
- Conduct weekly status meetings with leads and engineers to keep everyone on track and ensure that any interdependencies are discussed and prioritized
- Providing mentoring to manager’s based on my many years of data center build projects as well as being a Global Data Center Operations Manager.
- Collaborate with my direct manager on this project for new processes being implemented in support of the data center
- Asked to assist in managing migration project working closely with the infrastructure design team, the customer, and data center operations team.
Confidential - Atlanta, GA
- Responsible for initial level of troubleshooting and resolution of all incidents from P5 to P1 and Major Incidents.
- Team significantly contributed to over achievement of Availability number for the data center 2 years in a row. This had not been accomplished in the past.
- Manage a global team of 20 people in locations such as Canada, USA, and England.
- Responsible for over 3000+ systems
- Team is responsible for 24x7x365 support to include, but not limited to incident management and resolution, average of 55% or more incidents closed by team; change management/execution across all tiers; patching activities in compliance with PCI requirements across all tiers, average of 63% and more changes are performed by the team; security management i.e., central ID management across data centers; decommissioning activities; upgrades to hardware/OS/applications across all tiers; problem management/resolution; daily operational management of storage environment; support for major programs; support Operational Acceptance Testing (OAT); team consulted with cross functional teams to include software developers; review of all designs; main team to be involved in audits of the various environments;
- Performed duties as Event Manager on a rotational basis.
- Responsible for quick resolution to P2/P1 and Major Incidents within the data center. This lead to the “over achievement” of availability of the environments.
- Coordinated with cross-functional teams to ensure that information was passed along quickly and efficiently to customers
- Responsible for continued design improvement for the data center in conjunction with peers and engineering.
- Develop daily Standard Operating Procedures with team for continuity and reduction of risks when performing various tasks
- Responsible for tracking budget for operations team ensuring that we remain within department budget.
Confidential - Atlanta
Sr. Project Manager
- Project/Build manager for storage infrastructure from design, working with vendors and purchasing for quotes, creating project schedules, assigning resources through implementation to operations hand off.
- Build manager for Air India project. Worked closely with project manager and build engineers in ensuring that infrastructure was delivered on time. eBusiness migration project manager to move the P2P application data from the older FAS3170 hardware to the new FAS6080. This migration was successful and the team also setup new backups for the data based on eBusiness requirements.
- Build Manager working with the storage team to implement SnapManager for Oracle, Provision Manager, and Protection Manager across the NGDC infrastructure.
- Assigned as the build manager for the Horizon/Voyager program working closely with architect, application team, project manager, build engineers, and program manager to ensure that all infrastructure is delivered on time and per data center standards.
ConfidentialSr. Project Manager
- Build Manager responsible for the build out of delivery systems for Confidential .
- Responsible for the overall storage implementation for the Next Generation Data Center
- Program Manager for Shared Services for the NGDC program.
- Responsible for ensuring all Shared Services flow through the System Development Life Cycle and are implemented in the NGDC data center so that business unit applications can be migrated into the data center.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Sr. Project Manager
- Senior Project Manager performing a Business Impact Assessment/Risk Assessment for critical business functions for Beazer.
- Revamped Business Continuity Plan and added missing sections of several business units.
- Senior Project Manager working closely with the Director of IT Operations and the CIO to define requirements for Disaster Recovery Site.
- Responsible to capture technical architecture requirements for the purchasing of equipment and equipment to build out the first phase of the DR functionality.
- Senior Project Manager overseeing Client Platform Refresh project. Working with the team to interview all business units on how they perform their day to day functions.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
- Responsible for the design and build out of TriServ’s new corporate infrastructure as well as the design and implementation of a large infrastructure and network for delivery of services for the TRICARE Southeast Region contract. The locations for the service delivery ranged across the Southeast.
- Supervised senior network and infrastructure engineers in the design of:
- TRICARE Network across the southeastern United States in support of Headquarters office, 3 regional offices, and 59 remote sites.
- Corporate infrastructure which included Active Directory, MS Exchange, security, firewalls, anti-virus, proxy services, etc.
- Network and infrastructure in support of DIACAP network and infrastructure for delivery of TRICARE services to beneficiaries.
- Implementation of Avaya VOIP system.
- Worked closely with corporate security team to ensure that all government DIACAP requirements were implemented to ensure passing audit and receiving Authority to Operate.
- Coordinated with multiple vendors to ensure that delivery, installation, and configuration of all systems were successful and completed within allotted time schedule. The team was able to deliver the corporate infrastructure prior to delivery date.
- Oversight on development of corporate desktop and laptop imaging as well as determining hardware platform.
- Responsible for design and implementation of corporate facilities for connectivity and other facilities responsibilities until facilities staff reported to Atlanta office.
- Developed standard operating procedures following ITIL framework for corporate support as well as government systems monitoring and management to include incident response, problem management, configuration management, change management.
- Involved with Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery. Worked closely with the business units as well as senior management to ensure that priorities were understood as to what systems needed to be brought back on-line in the proper order and what the SLA was with the government for recovering from a disaster.
- Prepared backup and recovery plans for operations staff in the event of a disaster.
- Assisted in developing Proposals in response to government RFPs.
- Assisted in developing statement of work (SOW) for the Federal Labor Relations Agency project.
- Project manager for an infrastructure assessment project as well as Electronic Case management software implementation project with a government agency in the
- Senior Enterprise Architect at the Department of Education in the Program Management Office of the OCIO to develop their Life Cycle Management program.
Sr. Project Manager
- Develop schedule for installation of all IT resources for data center as well as staff throughout the facility.
- Develop schedule for migration of resources to data center, testing of new infrastructure, as well as IT infrastructure for staff.
- Provided input for migration steps and schedule to team for the move from current facility to new facility.
- Developed cable plant requirements documentation for the client to provide to vendors for bid purposes.
- Performed independent verification and validation (IV&V) of data center design for new government facility.
- Work directly with design team providing guidance and recommendations.
- Assist in planning and designing cable plant for data center as well as for voice and data to work areas for multiple security enclaves to the desktops.
- Provided independent budget analysis for program manager.
- Provided design guidelines for discussions of BC/DR for government.