A position within information technology in an environment offering a challenge and opportunity for advancement.
Extensive Information Technology project management with over twenty years of IT experience in the insurance industry. Energetic, innovative, results - oriented track record of delivering complex business and IT solutions, working collaboratively with business leaders and external partners. Continuous improvement of IT effectiveness thru best practices, process and procedure improvements, role and responsibility clarity, and decision making. Increase productivity by consistently exceeding development goals and developing high performing individuals and teams, building business customer loyalty. Solid reputation for talent retention and succession planning, oral and written communication skills. Strong strategic planning, organizational, and leadership skills.
Confidential, New York, NY
IT Project Manager
- Delivered exemplary customer service to EH Business Users/Partners. Provide oversight and guidance of priorities, resources, scheduling, and use of relevant technologies in accordance with corporate and IT standards, policies and procedures. Foster strategic consulting and vendor relationships.
- Oversee maintenance project definition, planning, resource allocation (staffing), scheduling, costing, risk assessment and tracking to effectively monitor the committed time, scope, and budget of projects.
- Project Lead activities to direct, motivate and lead cross-functional project teams; defining and managing project scope, establishing change control procedures, developing time-lines to ensure timely completion of projects; as well as monitoring and reporting progress, risks and issues.
- Oversee the functions of the Subject Matter Experts (SME). Key objectives were to contain costs, while improving productivity and efficiency across the maintenance team.
- Responsibilities included building relationships with key business stakeholders by providing practical advice and consistent delivery; aligning IT strategic planning process with departmental goals and objectives; delivering IT thru Applications Maintenance outsourcing; IT effectiveness demonstrated via fiscal responsibility and standard metrics/measures; oversight of operational integrity and regulatory compliance.
- Part of the EH team orchestrating all phases of Outsourcing of mainframe QCare HMO and PPO Production Support and Maintenance.
- Participated in preparation of the RFP, selection of candidates and identification of successful bidder.
- Involved in review and modification to contracts for outsourcing.
- Lead implementation effort for the transition, including training and knowledge transfer, definition of SLAs and measurement of results. Responsible for ongoing oversight of outsourcing activities. Developed Metrics in order to monitor outsourcing team’s Service Level Agreement performance.
Confidential, Warren, NJ
IT Project Manager
- Managed and supported 10 technical staff members over the Claims System for Production Support.
- Responsible for the enhancements for Major Projects used throughout the Claims System.
- Managed a staff to support the production, development and end-user issues.
- Developed a new employee training process and acted as the liaison between employees and Human Resources for all personnel issues.
- Provided direction to the technical staff in coding and testing. Setup objectives and evaluated staff performance.
- Involved in interviewing process for new employees, performance reviews and hiring decision.
- Responsible for problem resolution and delegate actions to be taken for trouble shooting various issues.
- Established Weekly Status Reporting, Financial Reporting, Risk Analysis and face-to-face meeting to discuss activities, issues with entire project team and steering committee.
Confidential, Clark, NJ
- Managed project using Confidential ’s Multi-Tier Client Server, Waterfall and RAD methodology.
- Application development was designed by using the Rational Unified Process (RUP).
- Developed and successfully completed a prototype project of the S-MDF product.
- Managed a third party vendor hardware consultants.
- Successfully completed Phase II, Construction, Deployment and Contingency plan of the S-MDF project.
- Managed a team of 8 consultants with a $2 million budget.
- Completed the Design and Architecture deliverables for Phase I of the project.
- Monitored and reported status to upper management teams in both Confidential and Confidential .
- Interfaced extensively with the user community.
- Coordination of all technical design and business analysis activities and user sign-off for all project phases.
- Managed a team of 6 consultants with a $500K budget.
Manager for Application Development
- At project startup, responsibilities for determining staffing levels and Profit and Loss for the project.
- Managed and developed Confidential ’s first Data Warehouse in a client server environment.
- The project was managed utilizing Confidential ’s DSS/DW methodology and MS Project to manage workflow efficiently.
- Throughout the project life cycle, responsible for coordinating all necessary staff and user activities including user sign-off for all deliverables.
- Managed a team of 4 consultants with a $350K budget.
- Managed a team of Confidential personnel to maintain their manufacturing and retail legacy mainframe applications in order to have the client move to a ERP Client Server based platform.
- Managed a team of Confidential personnel to perform Y2K compliance on the manufacturing and retail mainframe applications, using Confidential ’s Resolve 2000.
- Managed both teams to meet a Level of Service Agreement and budget estimates between Confidential and the client.
- Maintained project continuity through negotiations; monitored project time frame and budget; implemented enhancements as needed.
- Proposal writing, coordination and development of Risk Assessment for projects.
- Managed a team of 8/6 consultants with an $2 million budget.
Confidential, Newark, NJ
- Managed the effort of a major upgrade implementation to the 9302 Confidential System.
- Lead all aspects of the system development life cycle.
- Managed a staff in the development of business and system requirements, developed system test plans for data integrity and production stability up through implementation.
- Responsible for resource pooling; met to discuss resources involving current employees to maximize efficiency.
- Prepared training classes and developed the necessary training material for the Confidential upgrade for the end-users.
- Delegation of responsibilities within the project team included providing Project WorkBench to coordinate tasks for team members.