- Over 7 years of experience in Information Technology, with specializing in Software Quality Assurance Testing, proficient in manual and automation testing on Web based and mobile applications.
- Strongly experienced in SQA (Software Quality Assurance) including Manual and Automated testing with tools such as Selenium RC/WebDriver/IDE/Grid, HP Quick Test Professional,Junit/TestNG, Quality Center, JIRA and Bugzilla.
- Experienced in defining Testing Methodologies, Creating Test Plans and Test Cases, Verifying and Validating Application Software and Documentation based on standards for Software Development.
- Specialized in user requirement analysis,requirement traceability matrix(RTM),documenting test plans, execution of test cases to verify application functionality against business requirements, by using Selenium Webdriver.
- Expert in performing Data driven & Keyword driven testing using Selenium WebDriver and RC.
- Experienced in web user interface automation testing with Selenium WebDriver, java, Junit and Testing frameworks.
- Solid knowledge in project building tool Maven.
- Experience as a Test Automation Specialist involving analysis of the applications to be automated, defining the scenarios to be automated for both functional and regression testing, designing the automation framework, test data generation and test execution.
- Extensive experience in software development methodologies including Agile (Scrum) and Waterfall models.
- Conducted the daily standup meeting as part of the scrum activities, reported the status to Stake holders.Tracking the status of scrum through Rally through team status, work status, release status & portfolio timeline.
- Well versed in Functional, System, Integration,User Acceptance Testing (UAT), End to End and Regression Testing.
Test Management tools: HP ALM (Quality Center),JIRA,Bugzilla,Rally.
Automation Tools: Selenium,Junit,TestNG,Soap UI.
Languages: JAVA and SQL
Web Debugging Tools: Xpath, Fire path, Firebug.
IDE tools: Eclipse.
Build Tools: Maven,ANT
Database Tools: Oracle SQL Developer, MS Access, MySQL, Toad.
- Led a team of 8 to test the web based applications with various Testing stages/Phases, Testing techniques in multivendor set up environment.
- Followed Agile methodology, participated in sprint planning sessions, scrums, sprint demos, sprint retrospective meetings and provided the team with all the information required for successful completion of the sprint.
- Analyzed Business Requirements Document, Functional Specifications Document and Technical Design Document to develop RTM,Test Plan and Test Cases.
- Actively engaged in full lifecycle of STLC starting from Test Strategy/Planning, Capturing Test Scenarios/Cases, and Creating Test Scripts, Executing Test steps, reporting bugs and Tracking defects/bugs for both manual and automation testing.
- Developed an automation framework using Selenium webdriver, grid and TestNG in Eclipse IDE for LiveDeployment project to run several test cases simultaneously across multiple machines/browsers and thereby significantly reduced the total execution time.
- Conducted a complete assessment of teams, processes and environment; defined issues and risks; and oversaw the design and introduction of tools, processes and best practices across testing life cycle to improve throughput, communication and on - time delivery of projects in an Agile development environment.
- Assisted business users in defining UAT test cases and plans.
- Performed production deployment and the Business verification testing.
- Reported on test group activities to Project Managers, Development Managers and Product Owners, (Test Execution, Defect Reports).
Senior Software Engineer
- Involved in preparing Master Test Plans, QA metrics and mentoring the team in testing methodologies.
- Manage life cycle of automation project involving in hosting the automation meetings, coordinating, gathering the automation requirements and defining the scope of automation.
- Created automation framework using Hybrid model framework and Data Driven framework to test web application.
- Worked on Selenium WebDriver automation script in Java for cross browser testing. Used testing annotations to group the test methods and for cross browser.
- Involved in Web Application GUI automation creating regression suites using Selenium Web Driver, JUnit/TestNG, Eclipse, MS Excel for input data.
- Use Firepath and Firebug plugins for identifying all the web elements.
- Maintaining the Selenium and Java automation code and resources in the SVN source control.
- Interacted with the Subject Matter Experts (SME) and Business Analyst to get a better understanding of client business processes and gather requirements.
- Attended weekly design meetings to understand the application and specific new or modified features.
- Analyzed functional requirements and design specifications to ensure that application meets all technical and business requirements.
- Participated in sprint planning, execution, testing and releases in Agile Methodology.
- Performed System Testing, GUI Testing, Integration Testing, Functional and Regression Testing.
- Performed database validation using Oracle SQL queries.
- Involved in reviewing and analyzing the functional requirement documents.
- Prepared Test cases for the system covering SRS document, design document and reviewing them with the developers and finalized the test cases.
- Involved in Manual and Automated Testing of the application.
- Involved in performing User Acceptance Testing (UAT) at the end of the test phases with the requirements collected from the user.
- Used defect-tracking tool HPQC for raising issues and interacting with developers.
- Used HPQC to organize and manage all phases of the software testing process, including planning tests, executing tests, and tracking defects.
- Developed SQL queries for accessing the database for testing purpose.
- Conducted Black Box Testing (Functional Testing & Regression Testing
- Conducted testing in QA and Staging environments.
- Coordinated the documentation preparation activities and assured the completion of tasks/documentation milestones within the stipulated time frames.
- Extensive Experience in SDLC and Agile Testing Process.
- Well versed in Test Planning, Test Case Design, and Defect management.