I am an IT project manager that possesses extensive information technology project planning and resource coordination experience. I am analytical and solutions - oriented. I am adept at overseeing all aspects of project system development life cycle (SDLC), from concept to creating and implementing technical and operational plans and strategies. My skillset encompasses consulting, installation, software development, application implementations and production support. I have experience with Agile Methodology within a Waterfall culture, Agile/Scrum, and Waterfall methodologies. I have experience in successfully bridging technology and business goals to provide productive solutions to meet the needs of customers, along with meeting new technical challenges. I am an excellent communicator with strong presentation, analytical and problem solving skills, with the ability to build effective client relationships and rapidly adapt to emerging technologies.
- Project Management
- Reporting Tools
- Systems Analysis
- Change Management
- Project Planning
- Full Lifecycle Implementation
- Process Documentation
- Cloud Computing
- User Acceptance Testing
- Technical Support
- Agile Methodology
- Financial Management
- Manage SharePoint
- Risk Assessment
- Database Development
- Solution Integration
- Microsoft Products (Word Excel PowerPoint Access Publisher Visio Project) PeopleSoft
- MS SQL PMO functions ALM (Application Lifecycle Management) Certified Scrum Master (CSM) PMP Acceleration Program SharePoint PPM (Project & Portfolio Management) Software
- QlikView WebEx Microsoft Project Server
Confidential, Research Triangle Park, NC
- Manages customer project delivery for software upgrades.
- Managed the Enterprise Master Device (EMD) database spreadsheet that consisted of over 15000 Cisco devices for Confidential.
- Used the EMD database spreadsheet to create the weekly implementation/change/upgrade schedules. Partnered with Network Operating System (NOS) engineers to validate devices current IOS version.
- Collaborated with NOS engineers to create the MOPs (Maintenance Operation Protocol) to have the GDC (Global Data Center) engineers create the scripting for the device upgrades.
- Collaborated and finalized with the client the type and number of devices that would be upgraded ( devices) each weekend.
- Selected the devices that the Change Management and Configuration (CMCS) engineers would pilot test each week.
- Created project plans for test projects, collaborated with engineers to create/manage, maintain schedule, performed proof of concept, escalate issues as necessary, and ensure overall accountability.
- Coordinate resource allocation across simultaneous projects, participate in decisions/prioritization, and manage resource contention & stakeholder expectation management.
- Managed script testing, proof of concept, UAT testing, software device upgrades, prepared weekly software device upgrade schedule, and managed decommissioned devices.
- Supported the device validation of the IP address, device name, network, model, serial number, and IOS version using Net Profiler (NP).
- Oversaw pre/post verification for bank network script writing and test.
- Managed resources time being billed to the Project ID (PID).
- Used the Cisco DocShare as the preferred secured method of sharing files with the bank.
- Established a standardized format for CMCS engineer to provide status on devices that did not upgrade during the weekend implementation windows.
- The standardized format included the devices that failed, IP address, device type, why device failed and service ticket number.
- Used the information to analyze and determine a root cause analysis and provided a status update to the bank.
- Developed a standardized weekly reporting process that was distributed to the bank and leadership.
- Aided in securing engineers with Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) access to the bank’s tools.
- Created a standardized process for GDC resources to submit post validation reports after each implementation/change/upgrade.
- Used Oracle Project (OP) software as the preferred management tool.
- The software allowed me to manage the project, financials, resources, work plan, and financials.
Confidential, Greensboro, NC
- Manages customer project delivery.
- Manages project financials including P & L.
- Provides reliable financial forecasts to management.
- Manages business development. Identifies and develops new opportunities on current projects.
- Supports qualification and opportunity assessment for large and moderately complex opportunities.
- Acts as opportunity manager for medium to high-risk deals.
- Manages client relationships.
- Manages mid to upper level client delivery relationships.
- Frequently represents the organization to external customers/clients.
- Manages project team.
- Manages internal as well as external resources with a team size less than 30 people.
- Mentors and encourages skill development of project team members. Worked work closely with stakeholders, business owners, and etc. to develop a scope.
- Creates project scope, schedule/timeline, costs while defining roles and responsibilities for sponsor, SME, project manager, project team, end users, etc.
- Held kick-off meetings with stakeholders and team to discuss project, deliverables, and all project related deliverables.
- Developed scope statement with business needs, project objective, benefits, and key milestones.
- Developed scope baseline, which is WBS (work breakdown structure) of the deliverables.
- Created management plans that detail how project will operate (i.e. review/approval process).
- Created resource management plans that detail what resource are dedicated to project and length of time. Identified and documented risks and mitigation plans.
- Established communication plan/method that describe communication frequency and method.
- Created a Governance/Stakeholders sign-off approval process for each phase of the project.
- Expert in Building and maintaining trusting relationships with internal customer, vendors, executive management, and stakeholders to ensure alignment, buy-in and support of diverse projects. Supported user acceptance testing (UAT).
- Experience with Waterfall, Agile/Scrum, and SDLC methodologies.
- Managed computer-oriented projects.
- Managed entire project lifecycle from sizing and scoping project to implementation, closure and handoff to support, ensuring successful project completion and customer satisfaction.
- Additional responsibilities included Lead Management of Change (MoC), change control process.
- Knowledgeable in cloud computing, virtualization security, green computing, service oriented architecture (SOA), and cloud security and privacy.
- Experience with Microsoft Project Server.
Allocated Program/Project Manager
- Supported the End-to-End Technology for programs and projects.
- Performed project management responsibilities relating to information technology implementations, upgrades, conversion and recovery.
- Managed the direct and matrix execution responsibility across all technology organizations as well as LOB Portfolio/Program Manager on the business side for delivering the program/projects.
- Partnered with Program and Project Managers and SMEs to create business requirements for technology solutions.
- Assisted with technology estimates, managed low to moderate complexity technology solutions for projects to a full-scale deployment in a live environment.
- Managed the timelines and communicated project status.
- Built positive relationships with stakeholders.
- Used the right questions and tools to uncover root causes to business challenges, identified opportunities, and made recommendations.
- Installed, maintained and repaired telecommunications and associated equipment, which included wiring per specifications and operational procedure in support of domestic dispatch and Federal Aviation Administration FAA links project.
- Maintained and operated various transmission equipment that included NT OC-48, ALCATEL 21130 and digital radios, FUJITSU 1.8, DC power plants, generator and HVAC site support equipment.
- Supervised the repair and maintenance of physical site, shelter, compounds, and access to assigned MCI sites.
- Oversaw fiber cable security, including cable locates and route patrol/inspection.
- Monitored restoration and upgrade projects, initiated and assisted in fiber optic cable emergencies, restorations, and cable relocations.
- Performed circuit/system testing and maintenance of routers, CSUs, DSUs, DS0, DS1, DS3, and voice, multiplexer and channel banks.
- Monitored SONET (Synchronous Optical Network) and performed DACS (Digital Access Cross-Connect System) for digital circuits.
- Diagnosed equipment/circuit issues and took corrective actions.
- Tested DDS (Digital Data Storage), ATM (Asynchronous Transfer Mode), ISDN digital and analog circuits.
- Performed troubleshooting and repaired analog/digital circuits.
- Maintained Newbridge Network Interfacing.
- Monitored microwave and fiber optic systems for carrier systems.
- Designed and engineered network circuits for data, analog, voice, frame relay and Internet circuit orders.
Associate Center Director
Confidential, Greensboro, NC
- Managed four research and management employees while supporting the Confidential Project Director in center administration and management.
- Liaised with functional partners and assisted with financial management, grant management and technical report writing.
- Implemented center research agenda and contributed to curriculum design.
- Engaged in student recruitment, mentoring and follow-up.
- Counseled students and conducted regular meetings supported by the center.
- Created and used automated financial tracking databases to track and manage center obligations and expenditures.
- Utilized Grants Online System.
- Prepared center’s newsletter and managed website; organized center sponsored seminars and colloquia, planned summer outreach programs, interacted with community and promoted center activities.
- Communicated with seven partnering institutions across the country organizing student recruitment and outreach activities; followed up with timely spending and invoicing by partners and discussed student research progress with faculty. Experience with Microsoft Project Server.
- Managed research and al activities across seven institutions, which included the National Oceanic Atmospheric Administration-Earth System Research Laboratory (NOAA-ESRL) in Boulder, CO, the National Oceanic Atmospheric Administration-al Partnership Program (NOAA-EPP) office in Washington, DC, and various congressional offices.
- Collaborated with North Carolina A& Confidential IT Department to create two Web based reports:
- Report enabled viewing of all students’ grade point averages (GPA) at once within a given semester.
- Financial report allowing for monthly reconciliation of each student’s funding profile.
- Contributed as part of the Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) team for work orders.
- Engaged in financial management of cost reimbursement contracts; interpreted Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and its exceptions as they pertain to the procurement of electronic and information technology.
- Managed the center’s multi-million dollar budget; analyzed and interpreted program data to generate monthly, quarterly and ad hoc financial reports for NOAA.
- Collaborated with IT Department to establish server connectivity for FileMaker Pro database.
- Established a successful mentoring program and developed student development plan for center.
- Wrote policies and procedures for departmental equipment, supplies, and procurement approvals.
Confidential, Rosemead, CA
- Supported several Customer Generation programs related to Net Energy Metering ( Confidential ) and Distributed Generation (DG).
- Managed Confidential application to process from initial customer inquiry through verified installation of customer generation from the appropriate municipal building departments.
- Maintained DG application database and performed accounting for interconnection fees and added facilities costs.
- Implemented process changes required as a result of legislative changes and California Public Utilities Commission ( Confidential ) decisions.
- Monitored status of all pending and completed applications; prepared reports to management and regulatory agencies.
- Teamed with contractors and city offices to ensure regulatory guideline compliance.
- Experience with Microsoft Project Server.
- Accessed department’s current business processes and developed project scope.
- Performed solution implementation, identified potential problems, tracked and reported weekly project progress.
- Developed workflow process.
- Established a new automated business process credited with decreasing department annual budget, workload, errors and space required to file incoming applications.
- Developed new working relationships with various internal and external organizations.
- Developed detailed specifications from which complex systems, subsystems and programs were written to conform to new environment.
- Gathered, developed and implemented new database system to meet department growth.
- Consulted with various departments to analyze processes and to determine areas for improvement.
- Developed practical technical solutions to business needs.
- Managed issue resolution and performance tuning processes.
- Developed and managed standard business processes to meet Sarbanes-Oxley Compliance (SOX) requirements.
- Accessed department internal business processes, designed, tested and implemented reports, and conversions.
- Assisted and coordinated with IT Department for testing and final acceptance by client.
- Served as resource during development process; communicated business requirements to developers.
IT Network Operations Project Manager
Confidential, El Segundo, CA
- Performed complex analyses as Senior IT Project Manager for multi-million dollar WAN infrastructure while managing up to 25 employees.
- Designed, configured, implemented, tested WAN (Wide Area Network) infrastructure; monitored network, performed troubleshooting and resolved issues.
- Place network orders with various service carriers.
- Provided senior level technical support and offered input on technology and vendor selection.
- Planned and developed enterprise-wide database strategies that allowed flexibility, availability, scalability and performance enhancements to the design.
- Perform cost analysis for all new IT Department data services.
- Prepared and presented monthly management reports. Installed Private Branch Exchange (PBX) systems and managed ISDN (Integrated Services Digital Network) lines as the backup for the network.
- Managed Frame Relay circuits.
- Determined manpower requirements, amended work schedules and advised on work issues.
- Interviewed candidates and made hiring recommendations; provided input on work performance evaluations and executed disciplinary actions.
- Held position of Lead Project Manager for Local-into-Local project, budgeted for $3.5 million while providing local channels to over 10 million Confidential subscribers.
- Project was completed within budgetary guidelines and within 90-day time frame.
- Identified customer requirements and met with preferred vendor (AT&T) for the WAN and secondary vendor (MCI) for backup ISDN lines.
- Oversaw planning stage which consisted of identifying key components of project and planning process, estimating time needed to deliver 320 circuits across the United States.
- Calculated the resources and associated costs; created risk management and risk response plan.
- Ensured circuits met the required specifications, WAN infrastructure supported new circuits, and backup ISDN circuits supported load in case of network failure, all while remaining seamless to customer base.
- Established team and set team member requirements.
- Installed, configured and performed end-to-end testing of equipment prior to turn-up.
- Successfully migrated 300 end users to a new billing platform, requiring coordination of downtime and moving of circuit.
- Migrated internal customers from old calling card platform to new platform; performed audit for 427 end users.
- Performed audit of all internal cellular phone customers for 1000 end users.
- Migrated 500 internal customers from old pagers to new pagers and performed audit.
- Wrote support, escalating and troubleshooting guide as part of an End User Program serving as a piece of the overall company’s 2002 Anti-Piracy Strategy for the Signal Integrity Division, designed to pursue those purchasing, processing and/or using illegal devices to gain unauthorized access to Confidential ’s satellite programming.
Acting Manager/Team Lead
- Planned and implemented information technology infrastructure (data and voice circuits, T1 lines, and others).
- Contributed to engineering projects in areas of distributed telecommunications systems to provide reliable, cost-effective technical solutions for all business units related to Confidential (internal and external).
- Engaged in project management of technological assessments for Confidential operations.
- Consulted with engineering, internal departments, vendors and call center staff.
- Advised business units of technological requirements for new projects, expansion and cancellation of circuit orders and other related services.
- Consulted with vendors and business units on technology, voice, video and data to obtain requirements based upon project requirements.
- Recommended technology solutions to businesses based upon analysis of current systems, testing, simulation and modeling of usage reports and emerging standards.
- Analyzed, designed and counseled Confidential business units; recommended optimum technical solutions to satisfy communication requirements through voice and data services design and implementation.
- Manage multi-million dollar budget for the WAN infrastructure.
- Managed RFI (Request for Information), RFP (Request for Proposal), RFQ (Request for Quote) and RFB (Request for Bid).
- Managed vendor selection