- Executive leadership of numerous projects and consulting engagements including business process reengineering, case management system design, technology roadmap, and service delivery model assessment projects.
- Trusted advisor to executives of state agencies in Iowa, Kansas, Massachusetts, Minnesota, and Indiana.
- Developed stakeholder relationship strategies and communication plans.
- BPR project delivering 60+ business, organizational and technology recommended projects, implementation of projects achieving performance improvements and savings of more than $400K per annum
- Developed successful stakeholder communication plan and strategic initiatives to improve stakeholder relations
- Improved federal claims processing and designed a new claims system, increased federal funding for Indiana by $32M
- Led multiple county and state stakeholder design teams producing 5,000+ detailed business requirements for the implementation of a new case management system
- BPR project resulting in 50+ business and technology initiatives achieving statewide performance improvement
- Service Delivery Model Assessment project for reorganizing statewide service delivery with detailed CBA/ROI for each recommended project
- Created Technology Roadmap for modernization of existing case management system, with in - depth analysis of current technology suite and established plan for ongoing system renewal
- Business process reengineering projects in Minnesota and Indiana resulted in performance improvements in both states.
- Facilitated 200+ collaborative works sessions with multiple stakeholder groups.
- Led design effort of large case management system for Indiana developing full set of complex business requirements.
SKILLS AND CAPABILITIES:
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills
- Training curriculum development and delivery
- Staff development, mentoring and management
- Proficient in business process modeling
Proficient in: Microsoft Office Suit
Director, Project Manager
- Achieved performance improvements across a variety of different metrics and goals in all projects.
- Capture manager for proposal and business development efforts for public sector practice.
- Successful delivery of on-time, on-budget projects.
- Developed in-house technology to support state systems and improve efficiency.
- Led successful proposal efforts across multiple states.
- Met and exceeded all contractual metrics over 5 years.
- Managed staff of 75+ professionals.
- Achieved full start-up in under 60 days, including staff recruitment and QA system implementation.
- Achieved performance improvements exceeding all contractual metrics.
- Developed case management system to address gaps in state system.
Director, Child Support Enforcement
- Leadership of state agency and oversight of county agencies, management of legal services and implementation of statewide case management system.
- Increased total collections by 64% over five years and achieved record improvements in all federal performance metrics and improved the overall delivery of services.
- Fostered strong agency relationships with stakeholders including bench, bar, legislature and county governments.
- Legislative point person for the Department’s major legislative initiatives including drafting legislation and presenting agency testimony.
- Managed over 100 professional staff across 9 offices.
- Assigned high profile cases involving a variety state agencies and officials, provided strategic and legal advice to agency leadership.
- Civil trial advocacy and appellate litigation on wide variety of cases in state and federal courts.
- Developed training programs for state agencies to reduce risk and improve service delivery.
- Legislation analysis and advice to Legislature committee chairs on pending legislation to address committee inquiries and concerns.
- Engaged in a varied private practice of law, including serving as city attorney, school board attorney for multiple school districts, and municipal prosecutor.