- Certified Scrum Master, PMP Project Management consultant with 16+ years of experience with a Confidential 500 Company
- IT experience as a Sr. Project Manager, Program Manager, Scrum Master, and Implementation Manager.
- Managed up to 150 resources and budgets from $500k to $8 million
- International experience in India, Dubai, and USA with expertise in Change Management, Project Planning, Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), execution, monitoring and resource balancing skills.
- Group facilitation, mediation and conflict resolution skills.
- Effective at training, motivating and mentoring onsite and offshore Junior Managers, Engineers, developers and technicians in support of timeline and IT project deliverables.
- Warehouse systems or data warehouse experience. Ability to identify and aggressively manage project issues and risks. Adept at managing client expectations
- 5+ years of experience with leading large agile software delivery projects consisting of multiple scrum teams and integrate active development with operations and maintenance of a production support system.
- Extensive experience in user requirements gathering, Brainstorming sessions and analysis.
- Demonstrated experience and ability to write User Stories, detailed Business Requirements Document (BRD), Use Case Specifications, Functional Specifications (FRD); and work within tight deadlines.
- Tracked and managed product backlog, burn - down metrics, velocity, and task break-down.
- Experience with one or more agile methodologies, including scrum, Kanban & SAFe
- Experience with client relationship management
- Experience with defining and implementing Devops practices to drive automation, speed of delivery and quality
- Successfully managed Project Backlogs, release scheduling, Project duration estimation and forecasting.
- Ensured engineering practices like TDD (Test Driven Development), code reviews, Continuous Integration and Pair Programming.
- Thorough understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) phases and specialized in employing different methodologies like Agile and Waterfall.
- Lead trade-off discussions and drove critical decision points which impact the scope of software releases, feature prioritization, management of critical milestones, identification, communication and mitigation of program and technical risks
- Responsibilities include protecting development team from outside distractions, impediments or team conflicts, and maintain focus on product backlog and project timeline.
- Managed project scope to ensure delivery was compliant to scope commitment.
- Facilitated tracking of Sprint and Release by using Burn-down charts.
- Maintained User Story Hierarchy, Backlog Grooming, Updating Tasks, Planning Iterations and Releases
- Prepared and led bi-weekly "Iteration Planning Meetings" (IPMs) as part of the agile development process, and lead software demos to client.
- Excellent interpersonal, collaboration, and problem solving skills combined with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Coaching the team on Agile Practices and to maintain their Scrum tools (Story board, Action board, charts, backlogs, etc.).
- Held responsibilities included Initiating; Planning; managing matrixes resources; Monitoring development, testing, and implementation; Change management, Risk Management and Defect management.
- Eager to learn new technologies and can easily adapt to the new technologies and tools.
Domain knowledge: Insurance, Banking, Ecommerce
Platforms: Cloud solutions, Mobile solutions, Desktop applications
Project Management Tools: Primavera, MAC Project, Microsoft Project, Qlikview, Crystal ReportCognos, SharePoint, Lotus-Notes, Clarity
Modeling Tools: AxurePro, MS Visio, Rational RequisitePro, PowerPoint
Defect tracking tools: Clear Quest, HP Quality Center
Methodologies: Agile, Scrum, Iterative, Rational Unified Process (RUP), SDLC, UML, Waterfall, V Model (Down Top), Rapid Application Development (RAD)
Testing Tools: HP Service Desk, HP Service Manager, Rational Clear Quest, Rational Clear Case, Rational Test Manager, Silk Performer, Load Runner, TRAC
Database: My SQL, DB2 MS SQL, Oracle.
Major Software/Systems Implementations: ; Systems Security & Disaster Recovery Planning
Data & Systems Analysis: ; Database Design & Management Worked using Agile and Waterfall in App DEV and Infrastructure Projects
Sr. Project Manager
- Managed the project estimating activity. Worked with Program Manager, QA Manager, Resource Manager and HR Team to select core team, communicated approach; presented plans and gained sign-off from the business and IT leadership. Provided Status Reports and managed project funding and communication across the organization.
- Conducted project/phase kick-off meetings to communicate individual roles and project expectations and ensure that all project team members have the tools and training required to perform effectively.
- Monitored projects on an ongoing basis, evaluating progress and quality, managing issue resolution process and taking corrective action as necessary.
- Provided action plans to mitigate risk and help implement them, when applicable. Monitored financial delivery and issue management processes, escalating issues and variances to budgets where necessary.
- Lead the post-implementation review evaluating project results. Completed Performance feedback
- Facilitated the Scrum process (daily stand-ups, sprint planning, backlog grooming, sprint reviews & retrospectives).
- Identified and removed impediments to the ability of the team to deliver the product/platform goals and deliverables.
- Worked with architecture and engineering teams in distributed locations to drive planning, issue resolution, and development on platform & project specific technical topics.
- Provided weekly reporting on platform progress against release goals and platform team activity.
- Maintained a platform backlog (non-project technical debt, refactoring tasks needed, etc.) and track work against those tasks.
Interface Design Specialist
- Assisted project teams with planning for user interface design tasks and activities within the product development process. Researched, understood, and documented user needs and requirements
- Collaborated with the user interface design team to produce rapid prototypes of the user interface and supporting specifications documentation.
- Conducted the iterative design process and its representation in the mockup and other prototypes
- Lead and conducted usability evaluations, including planning, preparing, executing, and implementing findings
QA Test Analyst
- Validated and verified that solutions met business, functional, and technical requirements
- Provided testing strategy and planning, environment monitoring, and risk mitigation
- Ensured timely completion of appropriate and accurate testing deliverables throughout the project life cycle
- Supported test case design and development, and test execution
- Assisted with defect analysis and management (documentation and verifying resolution)