A PMP and TQM certified professional with rapid career progression in the Computer Information Technology, Management and Consulting fields. Experience with Portfolio Management and in forming, creating and promoting from the ground up a Program Management Office (PMO). Wide experience managing projects and staff. Managed staff varying from 3 to 173 professionals in a large range of industries and technical environments. Mentored and supported staff. Managed and controlled major infrastructure, business development and conversion projects. Communicated effectively with management, business partners, vendors, peers and staff. Discerned user’s needs and requirements. Earned reputation for inspiring, organizing, and controlling teams to deliver quality work, on time, and within budget. Included internal checks and controls for process and system integrity. Kept projects on track and retained allotted resources.
- Portfolio Management
- Source Suppliers
- Outsourcing and Vendors
- Projects, Resources and Budgets
- Staffing, Evaluation and Mentoring
- PMO, PDDs, RFPs, SOWs, SLAs
- PMI, PMP Certified, PLC, SDLC
- Curb Project Creep
- User Satisfaction
- Current with HW/SW Systems
Areas of strength: Portfolio/Program management, business re-engineering, benefits realization, strategic/tactical decisions, hiring/mentoring staff, budget management and overall leadership.
Confidential, Somerset, NJ, Consultant 4/2011 12/2011
Consultant / Senior Project Manager for Confidential, from 4/11 to 12/11
Managed governance of project portfolio, staff and external customers in matrix organization.
- Governed and managed umbrella of projects for OnStar / Verizon Wireless. Managed the customer relationship between OnStar and Verizon Wireless
- Coordinated and directed across multifunctional lines
Confidential,New York, NY, AVP 1/2001 2/2011
Managed project portfolio, staff and vendors in matrix organization with multimillion dollar budgets.
- Directed Oracle 9i to 10G upgrade throughout the network that increased speed and reduced errors in the system
- Led the implementation and deployment of Network Access Control (NAC) System which improved network security
- Controlled installation of Wide Area Acceleration Servers which improved transmission speed of data for business partners Formed and created a PMO from the ground up.
- Established and provided consistent standards and tools for managing projects which resulted in raised efficiencies
- Coached / mentored CVPs, AVPs and Project Managers on how to follow standards resulting in improved quality and shortened lead time
- Drove consistent project execution process for tracking, reporting and measuring (metrics) for an increased return on investment (ROI). Completed 802 projects out of 576 expected to complete in a year, giving a 1 to1.39 ratio advantage or 39% increase in project completion productivity
Confidential,Mountain Lakes, NJ, Consultant 4/1998 12/2000
Consultant / Engagement Manager for Confidential, from 4/99 to 12/00
Managed Y2K conversion of 55 million lines of code in 173 departments across country. Conversion included Legacy Systems (Online and Batch), UNIX, Middleware, PCs, Laptops, Internet, Intranet and WEB applications.
- Managed 173 different Confidential,managers across country
- Managed 2 different vendors, Information Balance in Canada and Reasoning in California
- Coordinated and directed across multifunctional lines. Defined budget and hired staff as needed
Consultant / Engagement Manager for Confidential, from 4/98 to 4/99
Managed 5 conversion projects ranging in scope from 616K LOC to 23 million LOC. One project was done at the Millville facility in New Jersey and the other 4 were done at the Roseland facility in New Jersey. Conversion included Legacy Systems (Online and Batch), UNIX, Middleware, PCs, Laptops, Internet, Intranet and WEB applications.
- Hired and directed staff ranging from 3 to 20 professionals
- Managed multiple projects such as tracking inventory, construction, renovation, testing, implementation and deployment of various insurance applications across multifunctional lines. Defined budget and kept budget on track
Confidential,Somerset, NJ, Consultant 10/1997 4/1998
Consultant / Engagement Manager for Confidential, 1/98 to 4/98
Managed conversion of 6 million LOC for back-end transaction posting. Project was done at two different sites. Analysis, construction and renovation were done in our Somerset facility in New Jersey. Testing, quality assurance and implementation were done in Washington DC. Conversion included Legacy Systems (Online and Batch), UNIX, Middleware, PCs, Laptops, Internet, Intranet and WEB applications.
- Managed and directed a staff of 22 professionals, 6 of them at client site in Washington D.C.
- Defined budget and hired staff
Consultant/Engagement Manager for Confidential,from 10/97 to 1/98
Created mainframe download to server and provided a UNIX based PC access with update and retrieval capabilities from server to PCs. This was a teacher student class grading system. Ensured system was compliant. Project took place in Jacksonville, Mississippi. Conversion included Legacy Systems, UNIX, Middleware, LAN Servers, PCs and Laptops.
- Managed and directed a staff of 6 professionals, 2 of them at client site in Jacksonville, Mississippi
- Defined budget and hired staff
Confidential,New York, NY, Project Manager 9/1996 10/1997
Managed production support, maintenance and development of Underwriting Processing System (UPS). System included Legacy Systems (Online and Batch), UNIX, Middleware, LAN Server, GUI Interface, PCs and Laptops. Managed and directed staffs of 5 and 35 professionals in two different outsourcing firms, ISI in Atlanta and Syntel in North Carolina.
- Reviewed, changed and accepted statements of work from both ISI and Syntel resulting in budget savings
- Defined budget, hired staff and made recommendations to accept or decline staff being provided by both consulting firms thereby forcing improved methods and enhanced operations
- Mandated to outsourcing managers that a project life cycle methodology be used at all times. No program change was permitted to go in production without proper quality assurance testing and final signed approval resulting in increased customer satisfaction
- Influenced and demanded proof of validation, verification and program correctness from outsourcing groups which improved quality of work
Confidential,New York, NY, Project Manager 3/1990 9/1996
Directed a staff of 8 professionals. Managed production support, maintenance and development of their Metfacs Processing System (MPS). System was a back-end processing system for all debits and credits coming in daily into our database. System included Legacy Systems (Online and Batch), UNIX, Middleware, LAN Server, GUI Interface, PCs and Laptops. Directed multiple projects such as pre-directory, directory, reformat and metfacs systems. Helped define budget.
- Initiated and became directly involved in forming a task force to create a write up on Quality Assurance (QA). This became a book and a new methodology for Metropolitan Life. It became a book with all rights reserved, titled: APPLICATION TESTING GUIDE A GUIDE FOR PROGRAMMERS. This resulted in bullet proofing all developed systems and reduced down time
- Sourced, selected and oversaw installation of vendor packages. Researched, reviewed and accepted software packages for purchase and installation: VISIO, FLOWCHARTING III, TAO, MS Project, Excel, EMC2, E-mail, Windows NT and PowerPoint. This resulted in eliminating unnecessary procedures and increasing productivity
Confidential,New York, NY, Project Lead 8/1984 3/1990
Managed production support, maintenance and development of Automatic Payment System (APS). Application was a stock settlement tracking system that produced payment tickets and kept track of balances in Cash Account database and Open Item database. System included Legacy Systems (Online and Batch). Managed and directed a staff of 6 professionals and helped define budget.
- Managed and developed modifications to Transaction Entry System to meet needs of multiple internal clients trading on the New York and American Stock Exchanges
- Converted from Burroughs to IBM the Customer Confirmation Correspondence, GNMA Clearance, Dividend, Holiday Exchange and International Shift Quality Systems
- Analyzed vendor software such as LOANET and BLEND to comply with end-user requirements to develop a new market for stock borrowing and stock lending. Selected, installed, customized and supported LOANET software to increase profitability when stock borrowing and stock lending
Confidential,New York, NY, Senior Appl. Programmer 4/1981 8/1984
Confidential, New York, NY, Application Programmer 9/1979 4/1981
HARDWARE AND SOFTWARE EXPOSURE
PC: Windows NT, Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows 2000, Windows Vista, Extra, Flowcharting III, Visio, Workbench, MS Project, EXCEL, PowerPoint, Adobe, Access, Word Perfect, E-Mail, Remedy, Clarity, SharePoint and Lotus Notes.
WEB/PC: Internet, Intranet, E-Mail, C, C++, VB, JAVA, Solaris, FOCUS, SAS, Easytrieve, Corba and HTML.
IBM: TSO/ISPF/SDSF, VM, COBOL, COBOL II, IDMS, VSAM, JCL, JOB, CICS, MVS/XA, SQL, DB2, BAL (Assembler), PL1, RPG, FORTRAN, GSERV, PROFS, GUI, UNIX and Utilities.
Burroughs: CANDE, WFL, COBOL, DMSII, ISAM, GEMCOS, MCP, NDL, and Utilities.
Honeywell: COBOL and MSR.