Extensive experience in Program/Project Management, Software QA & Business Analysis in the financial services industry. Strong background in software development and experience in all phases of SDLC such as, Requirement Analysis, Test Management, Test Process Improvement and development of standard processes. Possesses diverse knowledge of Business Systems applications developed for Banking and Financial Institutions (Equity Trading, Market data and Surveillance). Proficient in managing large teams of technical managers and analysts dispersed across the geographical areas with onsite and global model. Well versed with Project Management tools, Six Sigma techniques and Data Analysis.
Sr. Program/ Project Manager
- Improved overall Release Management by instituting necessary changes in processes & reporting.
- Identified risks earlier in the cycle resulting in efficient release tracking.
- Prepared strategy and plan of different phases of the release cycle.
- Maintained Release Calendar on SharePoint with key information that is important for key stakeholders including the Business partners, UAT teams and IT Management.
- Created Weekly Reports including key information and status of projects, for senior IT & Business management.
- Created transparency between IT and Business and kept Business stakeholders aware of the activities by holding periodic meetings and share with them the impact of projects delays and also any risks that may have impacted the schedules.
- Chaired weekly meeting for Test Environment Allocation to ensure efficient usage of Test Environments and resolve conflicts and monitored Deployment of releases and upgrades in Test Environments and Production.
- Obtained final Test s from Domestic and Global Business UAT teams before implementation into Production.
- Performed Post implementation reviews and utilized lessons learned for improvements.
- Conducted periodic surveys of stake - holders and internal clients to get their input and made improvements in the processes and procedures accordingly.
Principal Project Manager
- Developed the relationship with client’s Project Managers to effectively manage the development projects. This was a critical role to balance the relationship of colleagues for several years who have now become clients.
- Coordinated with Confidential Project Managers to standardize the testing practices across multiple lines of applications.
- Managed QA activities for the Maintenance and Enhancement work for Corporate and Enterprise systems.
- Managed QA activities of Web Applications developed by Confidential staff using agile methodology.
- Monitored the performance of staff and provided guidance to improve efficiency.
- Developed performance Metrics for internal and external usage.
- As member of Program management team managed the aggressive schedule for implementation of Smart Meter Technology at Confidential & Confidential
- Created overall test strategy for the project and worked with the resources from CoE of Confidential & Confidential for the execution.
Managing Director Quality Assurance
- Managed key programs and projects including an upgrade of Oracle, rewrite of Listed Company Administration and migration of Data center from New York to a remote location.
- Interviewed and hired a highly effective team of Quality Assurance analysts and testers.
- Mentored and developed the teams working in a very cohesive and effective manner with high level of productivity.
- Right sized QA team and structure to maximize efficiency and achieve economy saving over million dollars per year.
- Developed and implemented the Quality Assurance testing process and methodology, including guidelines such as testing strategy, test case creation and execution and defect tracking.
- Managed all aspects of testing lifecycle for Client/Server, Web based applications and database applications.
- Assigned projects to test teams, set goals and targets for the teams and monitored their progress through the testing phases.
- Developed metrics for monitoring the performance and process improvements.
- Proactively anticipated upcoming projects fostering QA involvement from beginning of software development life cycle to ensure complete understanding of project.
- Managed annual budgets of up to 8,000,000.
Director Quality Assurance
- Managed to build a very strong and effective Test Team by hiring highly qualified IT personnel and trained them to become the strongest QA team of Lead Analysts and highly productive software testers.
- Trained newly hired individuals on both the systems as well as business knowledge.
- Coordinated with Development managers, Requirement engineering and PMO to manage the projects and deliver them on schedule.
- Coordinated with Operations team for deployment of tested and approved software into Production.
- Managed a small group of automated testers responsible for developing automated scripts using X-Runner.
- Improved overall quality of all the maintenance projects assigned to the group.
- Developed and implemented processes for Quality Assurance Department as a member of the management group for process improvements.
- As a member of the management team collaborated with outside consultants to review the Quality Assurance Department using TPI (Test Process Improvement) model.