Project Manager/Supervisor with experience in telecommunications and retail operations. Accomplished in management of union and non union employees, team leadership and development. Proven record in goal attainment and on - time project completions with strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE INCLUDE:
- Operations support
- Team building
- Project planning and execution
- Process development
- Decision making
- Oral/Written communication
- I coordinated all aerial and buried facilities relocation work for Confidential.
- This requires developing network designs for the relocations as required, development of required state or locality permit documentation, interface with vendors performing the relocation work, Confidential Administration and Locality Project Managers, other Confidential work groups and end user customers.
- This position also requires cost estimate documentation and development/ production of work orders for vendors, coordination of all work/vendor scheduling of relocation jobs, coordination of scheduling with other vendors performing other work on projects requiring the relocation of Confidential facilities and managing all in house Confidential documentation for the relocation work.
- Joint use pole processing
- Easement acquisition
- Pole height measurement
- Attachment height determination
- Field Data and Path determination
- Anchor determination
- Right of way verification
- Permit & Construction Print QC
- Permitting Documentation
- Municipal Utility Identification
- On site project coordinator for Multi-million dollar network upgrade to provide DSL capabilities in twelve central offices on the Oregon/California coast.
- Project coordinator for back bone upgrade from OC 12 to OC 48 then to OC 192 over 3 years to provide or enhance high speed internet connectivity from the Oregon Coast.
- Open, market, staff and maintain 3 retail sales locations on the Oregon/California coast to provide telephone/data/video products to region of approximately 60,000 end users.
- Managed day to day workloads and scheduling for technicians responsible for installations, repairs, new facilities construction and for engineering staff.
- Managed staff of both union and non union technical, retail and sales professionals
- Directed career development and day to day activities as well as conducted, annual and semi-annual performance reviews for all direct reports.
- Development of Estimates and scope of work for rehab/rebuild of fire damaged homes
- Superintendent on jobs and supervisor of all work crews.
Outside Plant Engineer
- Conducted Field Survey and facilitated Distribution Design of Fiber Optics Network for build-out.
Network Control Center/Central Office Supervisor
- Increased on-time performance of work group for service activation and order completion to meet Area Manager strategic and budgetary goals.
- Developed plan and successfully migrated 2 additional central offices, 70+ associated remote offices and a team of 12 union employees from one Area Manager field of responsibility to another.
- Selected site and supervised installation and turn-up of new technology soft switch to provide new FIOS fiber optic voice/data/video service to central Virginia.
- Coordinated installation of new hybrid solution of switch and routers to provide VOIP service to the offices of the Governor of Virginia.
- Achieved in-house as ISO document author.
- Created and documented all initial ISO work processes, procedures and work instructions for newly restructured Network Control Center.
- Selected to join team created to develop and implement an “In-Charge” supervisory position for the Control Center.
- Position allowed for a more stream-lined and efficient means of providing technician oversight and supervision of all network elements in the newly formed 7-state region.
- Planned and coordinated migration of all alarms and surveillance functions for 200 additional central offices to the Control Center work load when an additional state was added to the area of responsibility, resulting in seamless transition of work from Madison, New Jersey to Falls Church, Virginia.
- Assumed project coordination of the conversion of all office equipment from analog to ISDN.
- Member of the project team upgrading two Octel Voice Mail systems, as well as implementing a Graphical User Interface for the Lucent 5E switching system.
- Responsible for monthly reporting of indexes and capacity statistics of the 5E switch and Octel systems to project manager and government customer. Maintained and verified time reporting records of employees for Bell Atlantic, the government customer and the outside vendors.
- Provided alarm surveillance in the Network Control Center
- Analyzed equipment and service troubles to determine cause and appropriate response.
Maintenance and Translation Analyst
- Performed in-depth analysis of trouble reports, testing of facilities and equipment of the communications network owned and used by the United States Department of Treasury.
- Interfaced with government representatives, vendors, end users and technicians to affect trouble-free operation of network.
Confidentia, Fairfax, VA
Director of Operations
- Directed all phases of company growth, including leasing, design, construction, equipment purchase and installation, initial staffing and for Franchisee of Confidential .
- Opened Confidential outlets.
- All outlets attained sales volume in excess of $1M per year, thereby achieving ranking in the top 100 volume stores in the country.
- Achieved 100% score on initial Health Department inspection for opening of final store.
- Selected site, designed layout and managed leasehold improvements for new franchisee office.