Diplomatic and adept communicator who promotes trust and project engagement across all levels of stakeholders. Expert ability to analyze and interpret diverse customer needs to performance requirements. Successful IT system architect, engineer and implementer of solutions that satisfy and exceed customer expectations. Excellent process - driven planner, organizer and team leader. Top Secret/SCI security clearance with CI Polygraph.
Translating user needs and concepts into measurable requirements statements; planning, designing, implementing and verifying solutions that satisfy requirements through the System and Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC); high energy and creativity; team contributor/player/leader.
Proficient with Microsoft Office suite, RequisitePro and ClearQuest
- Responsible for analyzing, reviewing and approving real estate construction loans.
- Currently ghost writing text, defining “how-to” processes and creating graphics for client.
Senior Systems Engineer
- Led development of new business intelligence/analytics system, managed 7 engineers and $1.4M budget.
- Defined performance requirements, designed architecture, fostered/oversaw a collaborative agile and waterfall software development and systems engineering environment and built working prototype. Loaded system onto Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) system who certified the capabilities at Confidential Levels -4 and -5 (TRL-4 and TRL-5). APL commended initiative and maturity of design.
- Co-authored scenarios, scripts and datasets, tailored applications for marketing targets in 5 venues including cyber and presented to candidate customers. Incorporated concepts into 7 proposals and won 2 contracts over $4M.
Lead Systems Engineer/Project Manager
- Managed 7 systems engineers in modernizing communications and computer systems.
- Authored Systems Engineering Management Plan (SEMP) and assigned system sustainment responsibilities among staff.
- Led replacement of organization’s core processing infrastructure.
- Analyzed existing architecture, designed and proposed upgrade plans in accordance with operational and development community requirements, gained government approvals and over $1M funding.
- Acquired components and oversaw software development (validated in lab then loaded onto development/operational systems), installation and testing.
- Ensured compliance with government acquisition, security and human-interface requirements.
- Resolved issues and presented periodic progress reports to customer including risk identification and mitigation.
- Integrated upgrades into operation baselines with minimum impacts.
- On-cost and on-schedule delivery were critical contributions in of competed $140M+ follow-on support contract.
- Implemented a new $300K integrated, organization-wide Oracle asset tracking system.
- Translated customer needs into requirements statements and oversaw development and verification. Consolidated 6 separate systems which streamlined acquisition processes and inventory control. Customer earned for system.
- Baselined a new remote satellite antenna ground control system. Authored Operations Concept, documented performance requirements, specifications, interfaces and design, and published the User Manual. Identified and resolved a critical risk with implementation and kept project on schedule.
- Proposed, engineered and implemented a new $180K facility-wide integrated PC-audio-video-TV system. Implemented project on-schedule at half initial “rough order of magnitude” (ROM) cost estimate. Customer was delighted with new system and deemed it critical for satellite launches, operations and .
- Authored and published 2 of the annual “System Recapitalization and Evolution Plan” reports.
- Analyzed existing systems’ performance and identified highest at-risk systems based upon my new metrics-based approach.
- Also conducted high-level investigation and provided upgrade recommendations.
- All proposed projects approved by customer, and contributed to over $2M in new contract scope/funding.
Systems Engineer and Integration Lab Test Manager
- Co-designed overall system architecture and prototype, authored use cases and performance requirements.
- Tested software releases to verify functionality and provided weekly verification reports.
- Investigated, engineered, integrated and demonstrated a $5K/workstation solution in lab, which was deemed superior to and preferred by operators to planned $50K/workstation design. Saved over $1M on project.
Systems Engineer/Technical Writer
- Analyzed and documented system and software engineering processes for Missile Defense Agency.
- Contributed to earning Capability Maturity Model Integration Level 3 and full-time position.
System Test Engineer
- Authored test plans and procedures, configured system components and conducted testing of software builds for new Voice-Over-Internet-Protocol (VOIP) application.
- Regularly met with developers to discuss requirements, build releases and lab test results.
- Co-architected Confidential 's new "internet chat" call center system.
- Conducted trade-off analysis of developing in-house solution vs leasing vendors’ applications.
- Recommendation for lease-based approach and project plan approved.
- Integrated applications in lab, built initial website and conducted verification and validation testing.
- Oversaw on-schedule implementation and establishment at new Dallas-based call center.
- Business Analyst for fraud detection systems including new “ Confidential ” artificial intelligence platform.
- Translated concepts from marketing to requirements statements for software developers.
Information Systems Security Engineer/Task Order Project Manager
- Lab manager for architecting and prototyping one of the first “multiple-level security systems” and support from two software developers.
- Briefed concept and implementation approach proposal to Commander, received go-ahead and 100% funding.
Communications Circuits Contracts Manager
- Managed 3 engineers in defining performance requirements, soliciting and verifying over 300 worldwide leased communications circuit contracts for Confidential .
- Sustained 100% availability of resources for operations despite vendor changes.
- Analyzed and integrated hardware/software upgrades for the Confidential Control Network.
- Proposed, drafted and successfully coordinated Memorandum of Understanding for new Air Force development and sustainment executives.
- Defined roles and responsibilities between organizations for sustaining the network. Signed by both organizations and still serves as foundation for sustainment.
Branch Chief and Deputy Division Manager
- Organized and managed new Test and Evaluation Division. Ran day-to-day activities, and assigned testing projects managed support from 4 officers and staff from 4 contracts. Tested over 100 projects for satellite ground systems, communications links and software for DOD and Confidential programs.
- Resolved a union vs. non-union worker dispute, avoiding strike and kept a project on schedule.